Bus From Chaingmai To Bangkok

thequietman

Hi guys, I am never in Bangkok so I dont know my way around at all. I normally take the wife but this time I am going to go alone. When i get into the bus station I need to get to Silom (sathorn Nua road). Is there a BTS station near the bus station ? How far is it from bus station to Silom in a taxi ? I am going to the Myanmar Embassy which is close to Surasak BTS Skytrain.

When finished I need to get to Ekkamai bus station. Would a taxi from silom to the bus station be my best option if no skytrain.

thanks in advance for all assistance.

Regards. wai.gif

Satorn is NOT Silom. The Neua and Tai mean north and south-its one of those looklikeafreeway in town roads. Plus this should have been on the BKK-subforum.

It sounds like you are the proverbial TV-analfabet ''without the wife beside you'' type. So get a taxi-simply walk to official stand-just like at airport, there is a 20 bt surcharge from Mochit. have the wife prepare a leaflet with all destinations on it in Thai.

Closest by BTS to Mochit2 (assuming thats your arrival-quite a few regulated tourbuses also set you down at their own office further into town, like Indra Tour)is-hey, MOchit,. Te dist is about 2 kms and is IMPossible to find without a trained guidedog for the blind. There is a large park in between.

Closest by BTS for the Embassy is Surasak-after the double swing over Silom.

BTS Ekamai is-well, they do it nicely this time, right beside the Ekamai Busstation. Youll need to change at Siam -also between the levels for this.

Big buses to Pattaya (does the wife know about this?) also leave from the same Mochit as you likely arrive. AND now also much more frequent minivans from the Vict.Monument-a stop on the BTS in between. AND much less frequent from the SaiThai terminal-to just make the picture complete.

Satorn is NOT Silom. The Neua and Tai mean north and south-its one of those looklikeafreeway in town roads. Plus this should have been on the BKK-subforum.

It sounds like you are the proverbial TV-analfabet ''without the wife beside you'' type. So get a taxi-simply walk to official stand-just like at airport, there is a 20 bt surcharge from Mochit. have the wife prepare a leaflet with all destinations on it in Thai.

Closest by BTS to Mochit2 (assuming thats your arrival-quite a few regulated tourbuses also set you down at their own office further into town, like Indra Tour)is-hey, MOchit,. Te dist is about 2 kms and is IMPossible to find without a trained guidedog for the blind. There is a large park in between.

Closest by BTS for the Embassy is Surasak-after the double swing over Silom.

BTS Ekamai is-well, they do it nicely this time, right beside the Ekamai Busstation. Youll need to change at Siam -also between the levels for this.

Big buses to Pattaya (does the wife know about this?) also leave from the same Mochit as you likely arrive. AND now also much more frequent minivans from the Vict.Monument-a stop on the BTS in between. AND much less frequent from the SaiThai terminal-to just make the picture complete.

thanks but your directions are a little hard to follow/understand.

Do you have much luggage? Just trying to figure out if the best option might be a taxi.

Bottom line is it is not that complicated but if you have luggage you may just be best off taking a taxi all the way around otherwise you can get from Silom to Ekkamai on the Skytrain. By the way the MRT (subway) and the BTS (Sky Train) are both at Silom but the BTS stop is called Sala Daeng.

It is not that big of a deal but you do need to realize from Sala Daeng (Silom) you will need to take the BTS towards the National Stadium and get off at the Siam Station and then take the other BTS line towards to Ekkamai. See Map below

BTS_ROUTE_MAP2.gif

* SalaDang is the 5th stop from the bottom left. Eakkamai is the 3rd stop from the bottom right.

** Also note it is just a change of trains and you don't need to pay again ... just get off one train and on the other.

Although the Eakamai station is in walking distance of the bus station. MoChit to the BTS is really not.

Below is also the same map but includes the BTS (Subway) which also has easy transfer points to the BTS such as at Asoke & Silom. The only disadvantage from going from Silom to Asoke via BTS then Asoke to Eakkamai is that it is two different fairs you need to pay.

map_bts_L.jpg

Edited by Nisa

Do you have much luggage? Just trying to figure out if the best option might be a taxi.

Bottom line is it is not that complicated but if you have luggage you may just be best off taking a taxi all the way around otherwise you can get from Silom to Ekkamai on the Skytrain. By the way the MRT (subway) and the BTS (Sky Train) are both at Silom but the BTS stop is called Sala Daeng.

It is not that big of a deal but you do need to realize from Sala Daeng (Silom) you will need to take the BTS towards the National Stadium and get off at the Siam Station and then take the other BTS line towards to Ekkamai. See Map below

BTS_ROUTE_MAP2.gif

* SalaDang is the 5th stop from the bottom left. Eakkamai is the 3rd stop from the bottom right.

** Also note it is just a change of trains and you don't need to pay again ... just get off one train and on the other.

Although the Eakamai station is in walking distance of the bus station. MoChit to the BTS is really not.

Below is also the same map but includes the BTS (Subway) which also has easy transfer points to the BTS such as at Asoke & Silom. The only disadvantage from going from Silom to Asoke via BTS then Asoke to Eakkamai is that it is two different fairs you need to pay.

map_bts_L.jpg

hi, why am I going to Ekkami ? Is it for the bus to Pattaya ?

Cant I get a bus from Mochit to Pattaya ?

So, what I need to do is get the subway from Mochit to Siam. Change over to the bts skytrain and go to Surasak. Go to Myanmar Embassy and then do the reverse back to Mochit. If I want to go to Ekkami station, then I need to buy another ticket. Is Ekkami better for getting a bus to Pattaya ?

How far from Mochit bus station to Mochit train station please. Is it far to walk ? I get in at 6:30 am so lots of time b4 I have to get to the Embassy at 9 am.

Thanks for all this help. It is very much appreciated. wai.gif

hi, why am I going to Ekkami ? Is it for the bus to Pattaya ?

Cant I get a bus from Mochit to Pattaya ?

So, what I need to do is get the subway from Mochit to Siam. Change over to the bts skytrain and go to Surasak. Go to Myanmar Embassy and then do the reverse back to Mochit. If I want to go to Ekkami station, then I need to buy another ticket. Is Ekkami better for getting a bus to Pattaya ?

How far from Mochit bus station to Mochit train station please. Is it far to walk ? I get in at 6:30 am so lots of time b4 I have to get to the Embassy at 9 am.

Thanks for all this help. It is very much appreciated. wai.gif

You can get the bus to Pattaya from Mochit and it is not much different than Ekamai but Ekamai is a bit closer and maybe the bus ticket is about 5 baht less.

As for getting to the embassy, I have no idea where it is and not positive what stop you should get off. I also am not sure of how far Mochit skytrain stop is to the bus stop in terms of walking but would guess a couple kilometers. I've only done it a few times and really wasn't paying attention when I took the taxi but think it was about a 5 to 7 minute taxi drive with traffic.

Edited by Nisa

I got curious -- here is a map to the embassy I found on the embassy website at http://www.kln.gov.m...ok/location_map

Sorry but Thaivisa doesn't like the image format/link and cannot post here.

Looks like Saladaeng (see top of map near middle) is the right stop on the BTS to get to the embassy (bottom of map near middle.

Also looks like it might be easier taking the subway (MRT) from Mochit (use Chatuchak Park stop) and getting off at Lumpini (bottom right).

I personally find the MRT easier to use. If you go with the MRT just get on at Chatuchak Park heading towards Hua Lamphong then exit at Lumpini Station. When you go back to Mochit just get on the MRT going towards Bang Sue and exit at Chatuchak Park. You will have no problem getting a taxi at mochit bus station to the MRT or from Lumpini to the Embassy. Most all the drivers in the area know these places very well and if one doesn't, just go to the next taxi. You should only have to say "MRT / Subway" and/or "Malaysia Embassy" to them. Off the top of my head you are looking at about 50-baht for each taxi trip and probably around 40 baht for each MRT ride.

If I am not mistaken, the MRT is actually also closer than the BTS to Mochit bus station.

Edited by Nisa

I got curious -- here is a map to the embassy I found on the embassy website at http://www.kln.gov.m...ok/location_map

Sorry but Thaivisa doesn't like the image format/link and cannot post here.

Looks like Saladaeng (see top of map near middle) is the right stop on the BTS to get to the embassy (bottom of map near middle.

Also looks like it might be easier taking the subway (MRT) from Mochit (use Chatuchak Park stop) and getting off at Lumpini (bottom right).

I personally find the MRT easier to use. If you go with the MRT just get on at Chatuchak Park heading towards Hua Lamphong then exit at Lumpini Station. When you go back to Mochit just get on the MRT going towards Bang Sue and exit at Chatuchak Park. You will have no problem getting a taxi at mochit bus station to the MRT or from Lumpini to the Embassy. Most all the drivers in the area know these places very well and if one doesn't, just go to the next taxi. You should only have to say "MRT / Subway" and/or "Malaysia Embassy" to them. Off the top of my head you are looking at about 50-baht for each taxi trip and probably around 40 baht for each MRT ride.

If I am not mistaken, the MRT is actually also closer than the BTS to Mochit bus station.

hi, thanks for this but i am going to the Myanmar Embassy.

hi, thanks for this but i am going to the Myanmar Embassy.

Sorry about that ... hope this info I found on another website helps:

The Myanmar Embassy in Bangkok is located at 132, Sathorn Nua Rd in Silom. It is very near to Surasak BTS Skytrain station. From Surasak station, go to Exit 3. Walk down onto street level and then turn right when you get to the bottom of the stairs so that you are walking along the pavement underneath the Skytrain station. You will pass the Skytrain's escalator entrance. If you don't, you are walking the wrong way down Sathorn Road!

Continue walking up the busy Sathorn Road for about 200 metres. You will arrive at a forbidding grey looking wall with big spikes on top at the corner of Sathorn Road and Thanon Pan. This is the Myanmar Embassy. Walk a few metres down the side road Thanon Pan and you will find the entrance to the Myanmar Embassy's Visa section. It is a unmarked steel door with no handle.