Work Permit When Married.

I have been searching various official immigration sites, but can't seem to find the answer to the following:

I am a 26 years old Danish citizen who are about to graduate with a domestic university degree this summer, and presently on an ED visa. I have already been offered a job at a big international company, which is about to open it's first Thai office in Bangkok. The problem is, that right now the company have exactly 1 foreigner per 4 Thai workers, since it is a new company in Thailand, and it might be several months before they have hired enough Thai workers to hire another foreigner.

However, I am married to a 29 years old Thai national, who is working as an AVP for one of the big Thai banks. My question is then: if I move from a ED visa to a marriage visa, does the company still have to hire 4 Thais when hiring me? (We have been married since 2008).

Alternatively they can hire me as an trainee for as long as I am on my ED visa, but I would prefer to get regular employment.

According to Sunbelt Asia's info post it says the following:

The Labor Department may also issue or renew work permits regardless of the above criteria when the foreign individual falls into one of the following categories:

-married the cohabiting with a Thai national and has an honest employment.

I just wanna make sure that I read it the right way.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by jamora

For being married to a Thai the company only has to employee 2 Thais to fill your quote.

If the other foreigner is unmarried the company must have a total of 6 Thai employees.

Also the capitalization rule (2 million baht / foreigner) drops to 1 million baht.

When married you can stay on extensions based on marriage, not on employment.

Better check with your local labor office, what they want for issuing you a work permit.

Edited by PoorSucker