Nissan Almera

I liked the engine, for the small size, in that roomy car. It works out quite well. But the quality is sub-standard. Makes noise, something shaking, everywhere. Nissan is not up to the Toyota/Hondas/Mazdas etc. Which is a general quality problem they have.

I tried the new Yaris, also 1.2l, that is really underpowered and noisy. A better alternative is either the Vios with 1.5l or a Swift. I like the latter. Cool car, not a wannabie sedan.

I have the swift and it's nice and quiet even at 120km/h+. Materials and build is very good and the engine is strong - not as much boot room as an almera, of course.

How about fuel consumption? Almera, Swift? As you have one, please let us know...

I don't know about the almera, but for my swift I get an actual reading of an average of 14.70 km/l for the last 3000 kms, The cars meter is reading 15.53 km/l. This is mostly driving in Nonthaburi with a mix of stop start driving and some sprints on longer roads. To get 20 km/l I would need to be driving almost exclusively on a highway. The meter often reads up to the max of 30 km/l at 60-80 km/h of steady driving though. I don't drive like a granny; the wife can get much better readings than me, but I do the majority of the driving. Most of the time I'm keeping up with the traffic or perhaps driving a bit faster. I heard that the mirage gets a bit better mileage, but a friend has one and he gets similar readings to my swift. Compare this to my civic 2.0, which will usually get less than 10 km/l under the same driving conditions.

The new 1.8 Civic is averaging 14 on E20, im pleased with that. The Eco Button does make a tiny difference. That's solo fastish , on bendy mountain main roads. The T/Blazer is about 12 on same runs. Not a duramax though. Friends love all those you mentioned, no probs.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

Good evening. Please help me to avail of the English Version - User's Manual of Almera E CVT.

If there's none, please advice other ways. Thanks very much

Kai

If you are buying new, the dealership should be able to supply you with one. Just ask them.

I got a Honda Jazz, because the 1.5 engine and the car's design with amazing space for cargo if necessary....but I have to agree that is overpriced when comparing with the Vios...and even with the Honda City. I think that the 1.2 engine for the Almera is not appropriate for it's body size....and..the cheapest model only have one air bag..That can be a reselling problem, when most cars now have two air bags.

Ok Thanks,

We just bought it new - paid the booking Tuesday and got the unit Friday (darn fast!!!). I will call the Siam Nissan tomorrow - here in Pattaya - and hope they can provide me with an English User's Manual.

One thing I noticed here in Thailand, and this is my humble findings only, is - most of the manual or instructions that goes with what you bought, be it CCTV, ref, TV computer and even technical items like timer switch, etc - are in Thai and no English. I am just thinking, that since ASEAN 2015 is just around the corner - why they, the manufacturers are not considering manuals also in English - the most universally understood language. Say example, if you bought in other countries, instructions are given in 4 minimum major languages, Spanish, English, Chinese and etc - some even have Russian and Japanese.

Sorry guys for the out of topic issue - but it is sometimes annoying and amusing - opening a fridge or aircon boxes then check the manual - and it is all in Thai. :) - Some is easy to get in the Internet, like the camera I bought D7000 - original user's manual - in Thai only:(...It's good that the internet provided easily. But in the case of the Thai Almera- it is not the same when I download the American version user's manual - but will try and try until I can have one - else - have to do the painstaking tasks - to request from my Thai friends here- to translate important items.:)

sigh,,,,,,,

Hi Again,

Actually I just got home test driving the Almera 1.2 E CVT. I make sure I got the climb so I went ot Silver Lake Pattaya (not really a steep climb:)). But yes, as per the previous comment - it really is struggling if going up - especially if you come from a full stop recline. But of course- what do you expect to a 1.2cc. And yes, since Thailand roads is more level - this Almera is ok - worth for the money. Got mine at 489,000 , 7 items free - including tint - window accessories, floor mats etc. This is for a 3 yrs monthly instalment - I computed the Total amount paid after 3 years and it is almost the same as the SRP cash -THB 489,000. So, I log now on the Almera - just over a thousand km - and I use E20 fuel.

Kai

Ok Thanks,

We just bought it new - paid the booking Tuesday and got the unit Friday (darn fast!!!). I will call the Siam Nissan tomorrow - here in Pattaya - and hope they can provide me with an English User's Manual.

One thing I noticed here in Thailand, and this is my humble findings only, is - most of the manual or instructions that goes with what you bought, be it CCTV, ref, TV computer and even technical items like timer switch, etc - are in Thai and no English. I am just thinking, that since ASEAN 2015 is just around the corner - why they, the manufacturers are not considering manuals also in English - the most universally understood language. Say example, if you bought in other countries, instructions are given in 4 minimum major languages, Spanish, English, Chinese and etc - some even have Russian and Japanese.

Sorry guys for the out of topic issue - but it is sometimes annoying and amusing - opening a fridge or aircon boxes then check the manual - and it is all in Thai. :) - Some is easy to get in the Internet, like the camera I bought D7000 - original user's manual - in Thai only:(...It's good that the internet provided easily. But in the case of the Thai Almera- it is not the same when I download the American version user's manual - but will try and try until I can have one - else - have to do the painstaking tasks - to request from my Thai friends here- to translate important items.:)

sigh,,,,,,,

Do you really think something is going to happen in 2015? Most asean tariffs are 0 in thailand already.....

But yes, as per the previous comment - it really is struggling if going up - especially if you come from a full stop recline. But of course- what do you expect to a 1.2cc.

Think this might be more of an issue with CVT Almera's. Just taken my manual Almera up some of the steepest climbs I've ever seen, with four adults plus a boot full of luggage. Bit of wheel spin and had to hold it in first longer than I would have liked, but it managed it no problem.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi,

Good evening. Please help me to avail of the English Version - User's Manual of Almera E CVT.

??

All manuals can be downloaded. Go to the Nissan Thai internet site. Click on >owning >owner manual >Almera

and you get it as pdf

the cheapest model only have one air bag..That can be a reselling problem, when most cars now have two air bags.

Not in Thailand. Customers place infinitely more importance on things like what colour it is, what sort of window tinting it has, than whether it has one airbag or two.

the cheapest model only have one air bag..That can be a reselling problem, when most cars now have two air bags.

Not in Thailand. Customers place infinitely more importance on things like what colour it is, what sort of window tinting it has, than whether it has one airbag or two.

Yes safety features don't rate highly among many Thais.

• 1 month later...

THAT is a huge depreciation!

I have decided to not buy the Attrage, because it is a new model and no depreciation / resale history. Now looking at the Vios.

The vios is good and reliable but is running old technology. This it still has a 4 speeder doesn't it? That's well over 10 years old now. Look at the new city - should get good economy with a new cvt.

THAT is a huge depreciation!

I have decided to not buy the Attrage, because it is a new model and no depreciation / resale history. Now looking at the Vios.

The model in question sold new for 455, so it has lost over 100k. That's quite a lot, but with any car, the biggest hit is always in the first year or two of ownership, and i think you'll find both the Vios and the City will lose a good 100k in the first or two year too.

• 1 month later...

We've been given an Almeria to use for a week or so and quite frankly, it's not very nice. The build quality reminds me of a 1980s Skoda, it's tinny and the plastics are very cheap. The engine takes you back even further when all cars in the UK struggled to get out of their own way. The upsides are it is easier to park than the truck when the wife goes shopping and it has rear seat belts.

It doesnt come close to the Swift or Picanto.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

We've been given an Almeria to use for a week or so and quite frankly, it's not very nice. The build quality reminds me of a 1980s Skoda, it's tinny and the plastics are very cheap. The engine takes you back even further when all cars in the UK struggled to get out of their own way. The upsides are it is easier to park than the truck when the wife goes shopping and it has rear seat belts.

It doesnt come close to the Swift or Picanto.

Not sure about the Picanto, but the Swift is a great little car... but little being the operative word. Going from the Almera to the Swift is like going down a class. Like going from a Civic to a City, or a City to a Brio. Space might not be everything, but for me, it's the difference between being able to take my car on a holiday and not. If i had the Swift, the four adult holiday to Koh Chang for three weeks that i did a few months ago, would have had to have been taken in a hire car. How much would that have cost me? It might only be once a year that i need that extra space, but i'm darn happy that i have it when i need it. As for power, with four adults and a boot full of luggage, the Almera made it up some of the steepest inclines you are ever likely to encounter, on Koh Chang. Not with ease i admit, but it did make it. I do think that having manual helps. Automatics, even in bigger engined cars, can get you bogged down a gear that is too high.

As for the plastics... if you really want to experience 1980's Skoda plastic, take a trip down to your local Proton dealer. Sit in one of those and then go back to the Almera. It's like getting in a Rolls Royce.

is the 1.2L enough for the almera? even going longer distances, say, from bangkok to hua hin or isaan?

It's fine. Done 40,000 kms in mine. In town, out of town, expressway, hill climb, whatever, hasn't missed a beat for me. No, it's not fast, but if it were, don't suppose it would run at 18km a litre.

is the 1.2L enough for the almera? even going longer distances, say, from bangkok to hua hin or isaan?

Distance will not be a problem - but my wife feels safer in our honda civic than our swift. The 1.2 (of the swift) is fast enough, but does not have lots of punch at high speeds when you need it. It's fine if you take it easy though and fuel economy is 50% better than our civic.

i am tall and the swift felt better for me as the seats adjust to give pleanty of room. i'd happily do an 8 hour drive in it, but have the truck for long runs. these cars are chicks cars for poodling around town in, so the swift or picanto are still far, far better than the almera.

i am tall and the swift felt better for me as the seats adjust to give pleanty of room. i'd happily do an 8 hour drive in it, but have the truck for long runs. these cars are chicks cars for poodling around town in, so the swift or picanto are still far, far better than the almera.

Almera seats adjust for height too and as a six footer myself, find there is plenty of headroom. Just how tall are you? As for a chicks car, to me the definition of that is a car that looks cutesy. The Almera doesn't look cute. Looks pretty darn ugly actually.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It looks more or less like a Ford Focus to me. No bad reports from folks I know with them.Driven one and if you don't overload it I goes O.K. Good Value imo.

Have you actually seen a Ford Focus? The difference in design quality from Ford when compared to all the other locally made vehicles is huge. Of course, if you think Yank barges have 'design' then you won't be able to appreciate it.