Nissan Almera

I'm also interested in buying a new car in Thailand and the Almera is high on my list. A deal maker for me is the lenght of delivery time as I'm out of the country for 6 month and when I arrive in October, don't want to wait too long. My 2000 Toyota Soluna still drives strong but just want the new car.

Can anyone tell me if the delivery time is the same at every dealer or is it better up north.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm also interested in buying a new car in Thailand and the Almera is high on my list. A deal maker for me is the lenght of delivery time as I'm out of the country for 6 month and when I arrive in October, don't want to wait too long. My 2000 Toyota Soluna still drives strong but just want the new car.

Can anyone tell me if the delivery time is the same at every dealer or is it better up north.

I got mine in 9 days but donot know how long it takes at other dealers. Yes 9 days not weeks or months. Nissan is the most professional dealer where I am. Courteous,informative,and hard working to please and keep customers.

• 1 month later...
Where can I buy a top of the rage all new almera quickly

Do not even mind second hand??

Please help being told up to 5 months in chiangmai

Ron

5 months for an Almera!! Wow. Also why top of the range do you actually want the stupid button starter?

Many Nissan garages around Bkk have them fly down buy it then drive back up.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Where can I buy a top of the rage all new almera quickly

Do not even mind second hand??

Please help being told up to 5 months in chiangmai

Ron

5 months for an Almera!! Wow. Also why top of the range do you actually want the stupid button starter?

Actually, the waiting time in BKK is of 3 months.

thaicbr, on Yesterday, 16:45 , said:

5 months for an Almera!!Wow. Also why top of the range do you actually want the stupid button starter?

Really!! Ok I was going on the March friend just got one. Ordered 1 day received next day. I suppose the Almera is in greater demand. sent from my Wellcom A90+

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to ask the Almera owners here of the honest opinion of the car...positive/negative,k/l usage,auto v. manual,what fuel etc...thanks!

I cannot reply about automatic and manual only driven automatic. But I have found one thing since buying it that annoys me.The engine stops when the car stops for a red light or for whatever reason I stop.When I want to go there is a pause after taking the foot off the brake well the engine restarts. It is only a second or less but is annoying to me.But it is supposed to save gas , so I live with it.

Just want to ask the Almera owners here of the honest opinion of the car...positive/negative,k/l usage,auto v. manual,what fuel etc...thanks!

I cannot reply about automatic and manual only driven automatic. But I have found one thing since buying it that annoys me.The engine stops when the car stops for a red light or for whatever reason I stop.When I want to go there is a pause after taking the foot off the brake well the engine restarts. It is only a second or less but is annoying to me.But it is supposed to save gas , so I live with it.

Thanks for the respond...that "problem" is called "idle stop" and its an option that can be switched off(I wonder that your sales person did not explain that to you beforesmile.png )...so how do you like this car in general ?...what fuel do you use and how much per km ?

Thanks for the respond...that "problem" is called "idle stop" and its an option that can be switched off(I wonder that your sales person did not explain that to you beforesmile.png )...so how do you like this car in general ?...what fuel do you use and how much per km ?

Share your amazement that anyone could drive an idle-stop car and be unaware of the switch by your knee to turn it on and off.

I've been driving a manual since the beginning of the year and just had it in for its 10k service. No problems whatsoever.

The front seats are a bit too small for my liking - if you sit in a City or a Vios you will notice the difference. I am not an overweight guy. The seats are just designed i feel with a petite female in mind. I guess that makes sense when you consider they are lifted from the March.

Power is no problem. Runs fine up to about 100kph. Faster than that and it's fine, but engine revs a bit high.

Not a great fan of either the gearbox or the clutch. I find with the way it is set up with the engine, you have to use the clutch quite a lot to smooth out the ride - ie slip the clutch - otherwise it would be jerky. If i bought another, i definitely go for an auto. Still, i console myself with the fact that fuel economy is better. I have not reset the fuel consumption reading since i bought it, and in the 10k i have done, with a mix of say 70% city driving, 30% rural, i have returned 17.5 km per litre. Pretty good i think. Been alternating between E20 and 91 Gasohol.

To me it is quite an ugly car, but it is very spacious and i don't think there is anything for the same money that comes close. No regrets whatsoever. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Share your amazement that anyone could drive an idle-stop car and be unaware of the switch by your knee to turn it on and off.

I've been driving a manual since the beginning of the year and just had it in for its 10k service. No problems whatsoever.

The front seats are a bit too small for my liking - if you sit in a City or a Vios you will notice the difference. I am not an overweight guy. The seats are just designed i feel with a petite female in mind. I guess that makes sense when you consider they are lifted from the March.

Power is no problem. Runs fine up to about 100kph. Faster than that and it's fine, but engine revs a bit high.

Not a great fan of either the gearbox or the clutch. I find with the way it is set up with the engine, you have to use the clutch quite a lot to smooth out the ride - ie slip the clutch - otherwise it would be jerky. If i bought another, i definitely go for an auto. Still, i console myself with the fact that fuel economy is better. I have not reset the fuel consumption reading since i bought it, and in the 10k i have done, with a mix of say 70% city driving, 30% rural, i have returned 17.5 km per litre. Pretty good i think. Been alternating between E20 and 91 Gasohol.

To me it is quite an ugly car, but it is very spacious and i don't think there is anything for the same money that comes close. No regrets whatsoever. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks 'rixalex'....it's good to hear that you don't have any major complains...I will go with the auto since that's the model with the ABS brakes and this is important to me...about the seat,yes,I have noticed,even that it has 3 controls it is still hard to find a comfortable spot...(my wife will feel good in it,I guess) biggrin.png ...the up-down lever makes the seat actually shorter (!),so the option is to get use to it,or replace with some Recaro or some second hand quality euro seat ...

...so I guess, this is still my no.1 choice in ECO cars...cheers smile.png

Thanks for all the info on this post. I recently booked an Almera. The waiting period is 3 month here in Chiang Rai. I was leaning towards new Hilux CNG/Petro verson but can't seem to find any good reviews since it is new this year. I chose Almera for spaciousness and fuel savings. From reading your posts, I think this is the right car for me. My only regret is I can't get tax rebate since I don't know any Thai I can trust sad.png

Thanks for all the info on this post. I recently booked an Almera. The waiting period is 3 month here in Chiang Rai. I was leaning towards new Hilux CNG/Petro verson but can't seem to find any good reviews since it is new this year. I chose Almera for spaciousness and fuel savings. From reading your posts, I think this is the right car for me. My only regret is I can't get tax rebate since I don't know any Thai I can trust sad.png

...wow...really?...I think you can find some in my Thai family wink.png ...

Shop around. Depends on what you want and color. Many dealers have some in stock ready to go at 5 of the 6 dealers I went to. But not all colors and models. The stripper models seemed out of stock.

For you who is not wanting to wait when you get back to Thailand, order what you want, deposit with credit card, they will deliver it to the airport if you want.

I have had 2 Nissan March Never a problem with either, Sold the first 1 year after I got it with 25,000 km on it and sold it for 10,000 less than I got it for. I am big, 189 cm 100 kg and I fit fine. Best I got was 26 kpl with out the A/C on drivng 100 kph

Thanks for telling me about the idle stop. I will look for the I will look for the switch. I like the car in general I do get the 20 kilometers per liter as advertised, but donot drive faster than 100 kph I found going over 100kph to say 120 kph it drops to 17 1/2 kpl. I should mention I am a small guy 5ft 6 inches 135 pounds so the seat fits me well also.

I amnot sure what grade of gasohol I use the caltex where I buy gas has only one gasohol pump and it doesnot state what it is 91 or 95, anywhere I can see anyways.I just fill up and go.

A word of warning - Almera is a good car for city and flat roads, but the CVT version is hopeless on hills. Last weekend my friend's Almera tried to do a mountain trip. A few times passengers (4 passengers, 2 small and 2 average size) had to get out and walk to the top of the hill. And there wasn't much luggage. Honda waves were zooming past up the hill. Also, not much rear headroom for anyone over 1.7 m.

Otherwise, a nice car.

It must have been a steep hill...1.2 L is definitely a small engine for the mountain driving,but I did test the car in CM's Doi Suthep with 3 adults/no luggage and it did do quite OK on the L(1-2) gear...if you leave it in D,than it will be changing gears constantly...

...about the headroom...hmm,I'm 1.85/6.1' and did not notice the problem...but thanks for the post and keep them coming,hope we can learn more about this car smile.png

A word of warning - Almera is a good car for city and flat roads, but the CVT version is hopeless on hills. Last weekend my friend's Almera tried to do a mountain trip. A few times passengers (4 passengers, 2 small and 2 average size) had to get out and walk to the top of the hill. And there wasn't much luggage. Honda waves were zooming past up the hill. Also, not much rear headroom for anyone over 1.7 m.

Otherwise, a nice car.

What? Are you implying that the car did not have enough power to get to the top of the hills. I say bullshit.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Otherwise, a nice car.

Were you there?

I should have added that the Almera was in Low when it failed to get up the hill. The road was at Wat Chan about 40 kms from Pai - don't know the gradient, but I suspect less than Doi Intanon, Doi Ang Khan, Mae Salong and other northern roads.

Headroom - yes, I can sit in back without brushing my head - just - but on bouncy roads it wasn't so good for me (1.8 m)

BTW, I have no issue with Nissan, and merely report my experiences.

Thanks 'rixalex'....it's good to hear that you don't have any major complains...I will go with the auto since that's the model with the ABS brakes and this is important to me...about the seat,yes,I have noticed,even that it has 3 controls it is still hard to find a comfortable spot...(my wife will feel good in it,I guess) biggrin.png ...the up-down lever makes the seat actually shorter (!),so the option is to get use to it,or replace with some Recaro or some second hand quality euro seat ...

That's a wise choice regarding going for the auto because it has ABS. I forgot to mention that the brakes do lock up quite easy on mine - non ABS model - there have a been a couple of times when i really haven't been going that fast, and nor have i applied the brakes that hard, when they have locked and the car has gone into a skid. Luckily it has never led to anything nasty, just a case of quickly coming off the brakes and grip being regaining. But anyway, yes, ABS would be a good idea.

That's a wise choice regarding going for the auto because it has ABS. I forgot to mention that the brakes do lock up quite easy on mine - non ABS model - there have a been a couple of times when i really haven't been going that fast, and nor have i applied the brakes that hard, when they have locked and the car has gone into a skid. Luckily it has never led to anything nasty, just a case of quickly coming off the brakes and grip being regaining. But anyway, yes, ABS would be a good idea.

The manual would seem a good choice for Taxi fleets if their let in then laugh.png .

The manual would seem a good choice for Taxi fleets if their let in then laugh.png .

I was once in an Almera taxi... Very spacious behind, and looked ok. I don't remember if it was a manual or automatic though. I guess the higher spec.

I should have added that the Almera was in Low when it failed to get up the hill. The road was at Wat Chan about 40 kms from Pai - don't know the gradient, but I suspect less than Doi Intanon, Doi Ang Khan, Mae Salong and other northern roads.

Headroom - yes, I can sit in back without brushing my head - just - but on bouncy roads it wasn't so good for me (1.8 m)

BTW, I have no issue with Nissan, and merely report my experiences.

Firstly I've thought that you may exaggerated a bit,but maybe it did happened,so we need to know what to expect when we take this car in to some steep hills...I did own a Honda City 1.3 AT before and this car had some problems climbing hills,but never had to disembark my passengers ...it did also required some special driving technique not to lose the momentum around the curves and not slowing down to much.

Looks like the Almera might be in the same category...smile.png

...yes,I think so....I would consider the manual,if it came with the ABS...it would be easier in the hills smile.png ...but I guess,they left this option out...sad.png

...yes,I think so....I would consider the manual,if it came with the ABS...it would be easier in the hills smile.png ...but I guess,they left this option out...sad.png

I know the auto starts from about 490k, but am i not right in saying that to get ABS, you need to buy the 600k baht top of the range version?

Archived