St. Patrick'S Day 2012

OldeBellPedr

St. Patricks’s Day 2012

St. Patrick’s Day is on Saturday and we at The Olde Bell like to celebrate all the feast Days of Britian!

We’ve got great Irish drinks: Guinness and Kilkenny and Magners for starters!

We’ve got Great Irish food: Irish Stew for 100 Baht (or for 50Baht if you buy 3 drinks!)

Pork Steak, Ulster Potato Farls and Gravy for130 Baht (or for 80 Baht if you buy 3 drinks)

Sausage, Bacon and Cabbage served with Pea and Spring Onion Champ 160 Baht (or for 110Baht

if you buy 3 drinks)

We’ve got Irish music from our extensive collection of tracks from 6pm- 9.30pm

And we’ve got all the 6 Nations Rugby, and Premiership footbal action.

We’d love to see you at some point during the evening!!!

If you're planning on coming down early today for the St. Patrick's Day fun, we will be showing the Aussie Rules pre-season (NAB) Cup Grand Final between Adelaide Crows and West Coast Eagles at 3.30pm and all the action form the Super 15's this afternoon.

tomorrow, anyone who can open their bleary eyes before midday, we've got the Australian Grand Prix at 1pm. Why not join us for Sunday Lunch? If you come along we'll give you a free 175ml glass of house wine with each Roast Beef or Roast Lamb Sunday Lunch - just mention Thai Visa to claim your free glass.

The Olde Bell like to celebrate all the feast Days of Britian!?

That kind of

comes across as a jibe at the Irish

Worse still ...on March 1st experiencing my annual hiraeth I wandered to the Olde Belle as my first and only hope.....to find..... nothing, no leeks, no choirs, zip nil nada nix.....

Off home with wifey becoming seriously concerned at my poor substitute...beers, tears, and singing along with Ivor at Rorkes Drift on the TV. Its hard to explain to wifey but at least I had my choir over and over again but it just added to her escalating worry as to my mental state

Edited by mamborobert

At least Pedr wont get too many of what now spoils St. Patricks Day, ie Plastic Paddy Backpackers who think if they wear a green tshirt and a silly hat that makes them Irish for the day. Hundreds of them will be in evidence tonight at UN Irish, normally my favourite venue but to be avoided at all costs tonight.

Ah, the fond memories of St Patricks Day in Digbeth, Birmingham (an area full of first and second generation genuine Irish before you say Birmingham isnt Irish!!).

Bah. Humbug. The very same "people" ie the backpacker crew will also make complete <deleted> of themselves at Songkran and spoil that event too!!

postman pat

re .. Paddy Backpackers who think if they wear a green tshirt and a silly hat that makes them Irish for the day.

this fella wandering through wat phan on at lunchtime today forgot the green tee shirt

but he had the silly hat : )

dave2

post-42592-0-84768400-1332000263_thumb.j

As if to prove my point precisely, if you look at the photos of UN Irish Paddys day event which Steve (the resident Citylife photographer) posts on the Citylife website (open the site, at the top click "events" and various batches of photos appear) there was one group of the aforementioned Plastic Paddys wearing....wait for this.....Green Togas, Roman style!!

If you turned up at any of the "proper" Paddys Day events ( Birmingham, Dublin, New York for example) wearing a toga of any colour you d be run out of town and/ or committed very quickly to the nearest looney bin!!!

Never mind, its over now!!!