Foot Care In Chiang Mai

urnotary

We here in Chiang Mai, we have two very well known nail care places. "City Nail" and "Nice Nails" I only went to "Nice Nails" I loved the attention and the service. I was not worried about infections and fungus, all I cared about was pretty nails on hands and feet.

If you want to go to a Manicurist/Pedicurist, I suggest you take your own files and cutting tools along with your nail polish. I did some research into foot fungus and how it is transmitted. Be careful in tropical countries. Steralization is not the best, and especially in countries where the foot is the lowest part of the body, the care is less than stellar.

We have a great podiatrist in Chiang Mai, and he treats the royal family for bone problems. He is near retirement, and very knowledgeable in bone ailments.

We are also fortunate to have a Podologist from Germany. I have heard great things about him. He works with skin and nails in a very sterile and professional shop.

I met my first podologist at a City Life Garden Party, he diagnosed my problem and after 3 treatments the pain was gone. I must say I was satisfied, and am very happy to share my story. He saved me an unnecessary surgery, and the cost was minimal in comparison. He is not a medical doctor. His field is skin and nails, both hands and feet.

I had been to several Podiatrists in the USA and they wanted to do surgery on my foot. I had pain in the ball of my foot, and the surgery they wanted to do would leave me without feeling in my toes. Having worked in a Medical Office in the USA I knew it was dangerous to have no feeling in any part of your body. I declined the surgery and for 10 years I had pain.

Enjoy your stay in Chiang Mai. I love it here and have been here for over four years. You keep your feet healthy, and you will find you are getting fit with all the walking you can do here.

As I learn more, I will be updating this post.

Thank you for your time.

Well, since the OP is so interested in foot care, perhaps s/he can answer this question. I also prefer to bring my own bottle of nail polish to the salon, mainly because I want to be able to do a minor repair at home and not have to return for a completely new manicure. Where in Chiang Mai can you buy bottles of top end nail polish -- brands like China Glaze and OPI? Many of the salons use China Glaze, but they can't seem to tell me where they get it. I see a few bottles of OPI and the staff says those were given to them by customers.

The best I've been able to locate is Revlon, which is OK, but it would be nice to buy something really good like the OPI brand. Yeah, I know I can buy mail order from the U.S., but it's nice to actually see the color in the bottle before buying; never looks the same on the computer screen.

Edited by NancyL

Well, since the OP is so interested in foot care, perhaps s/he can answer this question. I also prefer to bring my own bottle of nail polish to the salon, mainly because I want to be able to do a minor repair at home and not have to return for a completely new manicure. Where in Chiang Mai can you buy bottles of top end nail polish -- brands like China Glaze and OPI? Many of the salons use China Glaze, but they can't seem to tell me where they get it. I see a few bottles of OPI and the staff says those were given to them by customers.

The best I've been able to locate is Revlon, which is OK, but it would be nice to buy something really good like the OPI brand. Yeah, I know I can buy mail order from the U.S., but it's nice to actually see the color in the bottle before buying; never looks the same on the computer screen.

Look at the OPI Thailand web site.

I don't know if you can actually buy the product. My sister-in-law did OPI but she has moved to another country.

There are a few places in Chiang Mai that use OPI products. The one I know of was on Huay Keaw. You can do an internet search and quite a few places come up in Chiang Mai, although, like I said, I don't know if you can actually buy the products.

MSPain

Edited by hml367