Whats Your Thoughts On Bikie Gangs

traverss

Just listening to ABC Radio,interesting interview with the Australian Federal Police detailing how they are expanding their Thai operations due to Australian Bikie Gangs expanding their business into Thailand particularly Pattaya.

I must admit I have never had any problems with such people.

I did see a Clubhouse up near Big C however all seemed to be well.

I did think the Russian Crime gangs were more a threat than a group of bikers ,the majority very good and charitable.

I cannot help to think the Australian Feds blow these things out of proportion just so they can get free holidays to Thailand and I imagine free accomodation etc.

I didnt think or even know 'Foreign' Police Depts could operate in other Countries other than their own.

I was listening to a very drunk expat a few years ago who blabbered about how he gave information to the FBI however I dismissed that as it was coming from a drunk.

Edited by traverss

Often wondered that myself, how could it work being in an outlaw biker crowd when you have to toe the line regarding visas etc. Not very outlawish really. Are the guys here in bike "gangs" or just social clubs, I saw a load once in a bar full of ladyboys, bikers don't do that where I come from. Happy to be corrected though, maybe they are into all kinds of stuff.

The only Criminal Biker gangs here in Thailand are all Thai's. If an Australian Bike MC would do business here iit would not be in association with an MC here as that would just be plain stupid and MC's are not noted for stupidity.

Most "Clubs" here are of a charitable organization and have fun. Not like back home where there are Outlaws or HA's. Both of these clubs have tried setting up here before and it did not work.

If these aussie clubs are coming here to do "business" I'm sure they won't be flying colours as like I said that would be just plain stupid.

I wouldn't be bothered or worried about foreign MC's moving into Pattaya if I were you.

• Like 1

While one expects Australian police to have good reasons (and who knows what those might be) I have seen only good Charity works done by the few biker clubs here and certainly seen no open inter-club violence associated with "gangs" in other parts of the world where drug running has been linked to some.

The only Criminal Biker gangs here in Thailand are all Thai's.

Not true. Maybe read up on the Western bike gangs running "protection" rackets in Koh Samui a few years ago. There are Western outlaw biker gangs here, but they mostly keep a low profile.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Purely speculation on my part but I guess what the Oz police are looking at is breaking transport links for incoming drugs and weapons. In Oz a lot of the outlaw MC's have been taken over by "Middle Eastern" crime groups and wether this is linked to anti-terrorism/terrorism activities I don't know. There have always been Australian Federal Police in Thailand along with American law enforcement such as the DEA,CIA etc. It would be these bikers, many of whom don't ride bikes that the cops would be looking at.

It would be a waste of time and resources to look at guys riding bikes,doing their best to look mean whilst having a good time in Pattaya and doing charity bike rides for Thai orphanages.

Edited by xen

Purely speculation on my part but I guess what the Oz police are looking at is breaking transport links for incoming drugs and weapons. In Oz a lot of the outlaw MC's have been taken over by "Middle Eastern" crime groups and wether this is linked to anti-terrorism/terrorism activities I don't know. There have always been Australian Federal Police in Thailand along with American law enforcement such as the DEA,CIA etc. It would be these bikers, many of whom don't ride bikes that the cops would be looking at.

It would be a waste of time and resources to look at guys riding bikes,doing their best to look mean whilst having a good time in Pattaya and doing charity bike rides for Thai orphanages.

Taken over by crime gangs?? Wherever that has come from its absolute rubbish. Have 2 mates back home that are both patched members of diff clubs both there takes on what's been happening are very similar. Yes the squeeze has been put on past few years but just makes them go to ground where they continue to do what they do to earn. My thoughts have always been the regular citizen will never have a issue with these clubs, people that are in the same circles they may have however they have chosen to live in that circle so dont play if not prepared to pay.

Not true. Maybe read up on the Western bike gangs running "protection" rackets in Koh Samui a few years ago. There are Western outlaw biker gangs here, but they mostly keep a low profile.

I have been President and founder of a MC here in Thailand for over 9 years now. Just a charity and fun MC really. Thai's and farangs.

The Hells Angels tried to move into Phuket and Samui several years ago. They lasted 3 months.

The Outlaws MC opened a club house in Bkk not to long ago. They lasted 4 weeks.

Both of these MC's are well known world wide as 1%'s and are known to be involved in prostitution, drugs etc. When they tried that here they were soon shut down by the Thai's and were smart enough to follow orders and not be beaten on.

Like I said, the only MC's here running ilegal activities are Thai MC's and they are far and few between also. Mostly in Phuket.

In Thailand anyone can go to a leather store and have a set of colours made up and nobody cares or says anything. Back home you cannot do this as you know or you would be in huge trouble.

The Bandido's used to have a clubhouse in Soi 6 Pattaya, whatever happened to them ?

There is a Bandidos clubhouse just after the first Kampaeng Phet traffic lights, I think it is Highway 1. Right on the main road. Never seen a soul there though

And I think some chaps at the police just need a story to spin to get some free trips to Thailand to do some "investigations"

Edited by manarak
  • Like 2

Had a guy introduce himself and start chatting with me at the local food market last year. He was a pleasant enough lad just looking for someone to speak English with after spending time with his girlfriend and her family.

He was on holidays in Thailand. Claimed he just got out of an Oz jail for being a bike gang bagman. His story checked out. He was paralysed down his right side from a stroke after being shot in a gang war.

I couldn’t help thinking what a waste of a young life.

I have been President and founder of a MC here in Thailand for over 9 years now. Just a charity and fun MC really. Thai's and farangs.

The Hells Angels tried to move into Phuket and Samui several years ago. They lasted 3 months.

Both of these MC's are well known world wide as 1%'s and are known to be involved in prostitution, drugs etc. When they tried that here they were soon shut down by the Thai's and were smart enough to follow orders and not be beaten on.

Like I said, the only MC's here running ilegal activities are Thai MC's and they are far and few between also. Mostly in Phuket.

In Thailand anyone can go to a leather store and have a set of colours made up and nobody cares or says anything. Back home you cannot do this as you know or you would be in huge trouble.

Gone, what's the situation with the Bandidos? They seemed heavily represented at the Phuket bike week a couple years ago. Full 3 piece patches, 1% patches, I even saw a few with "prospect" patches that wouldn't talk to me because I guess they thought I was in a biker gang because I had my riding club shirt on. I heard it's against the rules for prospects to talk to other club members? They didn't look 100% Thai to me.

Most Western "Bikers" in Thailand tend to be retired accountants/dentists/teachers who want a bit of a buzz in their later (menopausal) years so they get tats, a young dolly bird, a big bike and join a "gang" - something which would have been unsinkable for them to do at home.

A little sad, but they do no harm.

Gone, what's the situation with the Bandidos? They seemed heavily represented at the Phuket bike week a couple years ago. Full 3 piece patches, 1% patches, I even saw a few with "prospect" patches that wouldn't talk to me because I guess they thought I was in a biker gang because I had my riding club shirt on. I heard it's against the rules for prospects to talk to other club members? They didn't look 100% Thai to me.

I'm sorry but I can't speak for the Banditos as I know nothing of their politics and don't really care to. I left that lifestyle back home 11 years ago. Im more into enjoying the wind in my hair and sight=seeing these days.

Even if one did know their politics I think that Thai Visa would not be a place for one to tell.

Sorry I cannot help you there.

Most Western "Bikers" in Thailand tend to be retired accountants/dentists/teachers who want a bit of a buzz in their later (menopausal) years so they get tats, a young dolly bird, a big bike and join a "gang" - something which would have been unsinkable for them to do at home.

Your not getting boating and biking club membership mixed are you ???

Thats so true and very typical of the Bikers i see up here every week.

Bikies are quite weak....they need each other for emotional support.

and for that enlightenment we the people thank you... did you come up with this all by yourself or did someone help you

No help needed...I'm quite independent....no need for a gang for me.