The Thai Visa Clique

mraitchison

Well if you can't laugh at yourself.

redrus

I never joined the rain clique , not one post .

I try to get into clique's but I always get kicked out .

I was going to say that I got cliqued out but I thought it would be a bit much :o

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you can't laugh at yourself.

redrus

I never joined the rain clique , not one post .

I try to get into clique's but I always get kicked out .

I was going to say that I got cliqued out but I thought it would be a bit much :o

OMG,

you are so not cliqued.

Have a word, clique head........... :D

redrus

ps; is it raining again?!

And of course you are free to fire back (within reason) at them. :D

One last thing, it is a pretty rare forum anywhere that doesn't have this happening, I just feel this one is better about it.

Free to fire back?

That's how I got banned without any warning, stupidly I must say.

Anyway I keep a low profile here and post rarely here although I am a LOS addict for over 15 years and live here more than 4 years now.

This forum is better moderated you claim? I dare to disagree.

The " clique" can shoot at anyone they fancy, not the other way round.

Returing to sleeping mode now :o

So far I have to say that this has been a good response.

I read the other THai based forums regularly (sometimes even post)- I even like to have a laugh and read the lonelyplanet one sometimes.

What I can see this forum is a lot better than any of the other ones.

Ajarnforum.net is for people who want to pretend to be teachers (not much teaching going on there)

mango daily - Hasn't got any members

<URL Automatically Removed> - I have no idea what that forum is about other than appearing to have no rules at all

Thaizine - Not much goes on there.

Thaivisa - appears to be the best website overall for Thailand.

All the other websites make jokes about Thaivisa. I would presume that is jealousy on their part that such a succesful forum has dominated the market.

What I haven't worked out though is what has Dr Pat Pong done to all these forums to get himself hated so much on them. I can't figure that out.

I guess my loyalty albeit a quiet one will stay with Thaivisa.

Edited by mraitchison

What I haven't worked out though is what has Dr Pat Pong done to all these forums to get himself hated so much on them. I can't figure that out.

Ok, I'll touch this one.

He is a right bastard, thats why!

:o You know I am just joking now. :D

He gets a bad rap for just trying to maintain a semblance of civility on the forum, for following the rules. Some people don't like rules. Thats how I see it anyway.

I was just joking Doc!!!!

Ok, I'll touch this one.

:D You know I am just joking now. :D

He gets a bad rap for just trying to maintain a semblance of civility on the forum, for following the rules. Some people don't like rules. Thats how I see it anyway.

Is he really? :D:o

And of course you are free to fire back (within reason) at them. :D

One last thing, it is a pretty rare forum anywhere that doesn't have this happening, I just feel this one is better about it.

Free to fire back?

That's how I got banned without any warning, stupidly I must say.

Anyway I keep a low profile here and post rarely here although I am a LOS addict for over 15 years and live here more than 4 years now.

This forum is better moderated you claim? I dare to disagree.

The " clique" can shoot at anyone they fancy, not the other way round.

Returing to sleeping mode now :o

You better stay at sleep, TV is the best I have come across for years, I have had a few warnings, but I deserved them :D

Cliques will come and cliques will go .... new friends become old friends, some move on ... others get busy. I like to think that we can all have fun, agree to disagree, bump horns occasionally but keep it together in the spirit of a great forum. Bit like life in general isn't it?

By the way: what ever happened to the khall-Totster-Kayo-Bambina-Ice Maiden-Dr PP clique? See what I mean? :o

So far I have to say that this has been a good response.

I guess my loyalty albeit a quiet one will stay with Thaivisa.

:D:o:D:D:D

Khall, the Totster Khall, Bambi, Icey Kayo, Dr PP clique...

Totster went back to his wife and I never heard from him again! :D:D

Bambina still lurks but more modestly than before.

Icey, I think we all know she going through a hard time right now.

Kayo... He opened a harem, and lost the plot.

DR PP....... :D

Ok, I'll touch this one.

:D You know I am just joking now. :D

:o:D

Doing a tornado, Boon, I use that expression from time to time,, including this morning, when I was coming down after a big party, but I ascribe it to mean, getting blind drunk and blabbing away incessently, incoherently, and oh! wait, that's what you were saying wasn't it....

A sample of Tornado-ing:

hkuUDB NQW HDFqGLUB,&uU jdIDQD&*%^@*

I'm new as new can be, but you seem to be bloody great bunch, very fair, balnced and reasonable like.

It can't be too easy modding a forum this big.

Keep up the good work.

Welcome, Khun noon. :o

You've hit on one of the biggest problems of this forum: its size. When there are thousands of members, you've got to keep a close rein on the lunatic fringe.

CMnoon, I was put off when I first started posting here, because I couldn't get the mood, which varied from another Thai forum that we're both familiar with. I probably jumped in with my other-forum persona, thinking that I'd be accepted here as I was in the other forum. And I ruffled more feathers than I should have. I like it here, now, and feel safer here because of the moderation.

Looking forward to further comments from Chiang Mai at noon.

Doing a tornado, Boon, I use that expression from time to time,, including this morning, when I was coming down after a big party, but I ascribe it to mean, getting blind drunk and blabbing away incessently, incoherently, and oh! wait, that's what you were saying wasn't it....

A sample of Tornado-ing:

hkuUDB NQW HDFqGLUB,&uU  jdIDQD&*%^@*

I remember Tornado in the Chiang Mai forum. He moved up from Phuket to CM and everything was reasonable for a while. Then his posts got abusive...especially about pollution in the burning season. I always thought there were a few Chang beers involved.

Thaibebop chewed me up and spit me out on a few ocassions . . . that takes a lot of guts, so I have to admire him!   :D

Although, since then I do suffer from an inferiority complex . . .  :D

I did! :D

I'm sorry if I was an a$$. I try not to be but sometimes I word things in such a way that it sounds worse than I meant it. :D

Mai pen rai, Thaibebop. These are long-forgotten posts and threads. I can't even remember what I said let alone remember what you had replied. :D

All I can vividly recollect was the unusually cruel and harsh flaming, and the ensuing pain which caused deep and profound scarring upon my grey matter, but given time (and some extremely expensive professional care!) has since healed significantly, and then, thankfully, a subsequent and quite recent cyber hug by an ugly little feathered friend which compassionately delivered me to full recovery! :o

Good, glad to see ya well and at the keybroad! :D

I'm new as new can be, but you seem to be bloody great bunch, very fair, balnced and reasonable like.

It can't be too easy modding a forum this big.

Keep up the good work.

You've hit on one of the biggest problems of this forum: its size. When there are thousands of members, you've got to keep a close rein on the lunatic fringe.

Well, there's certainly quite a few less of that sort of element than in the past.

Mass suspensions/bannings were pretty common a year or so ago.

A sample of Tornado-ing:

hkuUDB NQW HDFqGLUB,&uU  jdIDQD&*%^@*

I remember Tornado in the Chiang Mai forum. He moved up from Phuket to CM and everything was reasonable for a while. Then his posts got abusive...especially about pollution in the burning season. I always thought there were a few Chang beers involved.

only a few ? :o

10 pages so far on this topic. Either someone is trying to get their post count up or there is some truth to this topic.

Who on earth would want to get their post count up? Does anyone think that a high post count is something to be proud of? I would have thought the opposite...

Well there is this one guy... :o

X Thought I would see if this works, just kidding guys LOL :D

Edited by ray23

10 pages so far on this topic. Either someone is trying to get their post count up or there is some truth to this topic.

Who on earth would want to get their post count up? Does anyone think that a high post count is something to be proud of? I would have thought the opposite...

Well there is this one guy... :o

X Thought I would see if this works, just kidding guys LOL :D

Darn it does :D

As an unregistered member of the "newbie" clique..

This has been an interesting thread to lurk through (nope, didn't mean "look"). As my user name implies, I am temporarily away from LOS (almost 2 years), and I like using TV to keep up on the ambiance (borrowed the word from the ajarn site) of Thailand.

It seems there have been a few TV Christmas parties in my absence. I want to be present for the next one and meet some of the clique(ish) personalities.

I should send TV site a present (it hasn't been naughty), but with the post as it is from here, it would be next Christmas before y'all got it.

A good site, and much appreciated for good information and updates for those of us who will soon return to LOS.

This has been an interesting thread to lurk through  (nope, didn't mean "look").  As my user name implies, I am temporarily away from LOS (almost 2 years), and I like using TV to keep up on the ambiance (borrowed the word from the ajarn site) of Thailand.

It seems there have been a few TV Christmas parties in my absence.  I want to be present for the next one and meet some of the clique(ish) personalities.

I should send TV site a present (it hasn't been naughty), but with the post as it is from here, it would be next Christmas before y'all got it.

A good site, and much appreciated for good information and updates for those of us who will soon return to LOS.

If you are where I think you are don't envy you one bit, had a hort stint, not much fun.

I have been a member of TV for a while now coming up for two years I think.. I have never felt the urge to really post on here due to the clique-ness of the site. I read it on a daily basis but just don’t have the urge to risk posting and being jumped on by some of the long term members.

So why is there such an urge to berate and bully new members and give sarcastic advise to them? Time and time again is see people threatening to tell somebody else about something that has been said get them ‘banned’ or ‘officially warned’.

Just curious to know why this forum is so much more inaccessible to new people.

Very true. There's a very Anglo-centric point of view I think.

I have been a member of TV for a while now coming up for two years I think.. I have never felt the urge to really post on here due to the clique-ness of the site. I read it on a daily basis but just don’t have the urge to risk posting and being jumped on by some of the long term members.

So why is there such an urge to berate and bully new members and give sarcastic advise to them? Time and time again is see people threatening to tell somebody else about something that has been said get them ‘banned’ or ‘officially warned’.

Just curious to know why this forum is so much more inaccessible to new people.

Very true. There's a very Anglo-centric point of view I think.

well I don´t think I agree with you robitusson...

My point of view comes from my education and experiences...maybe is anglo point of view...But I can´t help it... however I am always willing to listen and learn, though...

Therefore IMHO is good that members who haven´t got an anglo point of view post here so that we can learn different ways of thinking what do you think? :o

Edited by Glauka

This has been an interesting thread to lurk through  (nope, didn't mean "look").  As my user name implies, I am temporarily away from LOS (almost 2 years), and I like using TV to keep up on the ambiance (borrowed the word from the ajarn site) of Thailand.

It seems there have been a few TV Christmas parties in my absence.  I want to be present for the next one and meet some of the clique(ish) personalities.

If you are where I think you are don't envy you one bit, had a hort stint, not much fun.

I concur, Kuwait is a sh1t hole. And totally "Dry" unless you brew your own. I used to spend ages turning non-alcoholic beer back into alcholic beer again :o:D Still, at least the supermarkets stock the yeast right next to the non-alcoholic beer eh :D