Over 1 Million Thais Are Infected With Hiv/Aids

Lite Beer

if you dont like what i said i really couldn't care less. But listen to that : 3 or 4 years ago i was sexual partner of 1 gogo in a big gogo of soi cowboy bkk and, as spending my nights with the 2 mamasan they explained me how 80% of the girls don't pass the medical exam every 3 months.(mandatory).

Some are scared to know the truth, others simply don't want to wake up and cross bkk for get a needle in the arm. Then every month, the girls without original medical book certified are discounted 600 thb. From salary. And the original stamp in the book is stamped by corrupt doctors. Then yes. It's the fault of the girls, the doctors, the bars, the CORRUPTION ! Wake up man. You're in the brothel of the world !

Take care Guys. Soeychanloy speaks the harsh truth.

If you're going to spend your life in The House of the Rising Sun best to be emotionally and physically well armed.

Full metal jacket required.

But a personal plea from the heart Guys....Let's not forget all the good things that there are in Thailand.

All the best.

If you're going to spend your life in The House of the Rising Sun best to be emotionally and physically well armed.

But a personal plea from the heart Guys....Let's not forget all the good things that there are in Thailand.

All the best.

So of all the people HIV positive in Thailand what percent are or were hookers? Since you mentioned the House of the Rising sun I assume you know.

"Now I see why they call you the 'head' nurse!" :)

I think few & carefully selected partners / monogamy & regular STD tests are the way to go, if only for a relatively simple life. Thats as a general personal philosophy.

Regarding Thailand figures for STD, I treat them the same way I treat all statistics I'm shown here, with scepticism. This country & the rest of SEA has a prostitution industry which differs on a fundamental level from the West, in that a lot of the girls here started out very poor and work to buy food for their families back home. In the UK many streetwalkers started out in comfortable homes, and became drug addicts & the prostitution was just the quickest way to pay for the over-priced junk. This is a generalisation of course, but from what I've seen in interviews on TV, a lot of these girls in SEA send money back home that they earn on the streets, and they started out of poverty not addiction.

"Now I see why they call you the 'head' nurse!" smile.png

I think few & carefully selected partners / monogamy & regular STD tests are the way to go, if only for a relatively simple life. Thats as a general personal philosophy.

Regarding Thailand figures for STD, I treat them the same way I treat all statistics I'm shown here, with scepticism. This country & the rest of SEA has a prostitution industry which differs on a fundamental level from the West, in that a lot of the girls here started out very poor and work to buy food for their families back home. In the UK many streetwalkers started out in comfortable homes, and became drug addicts & the prostitution was just the quickest way to pay for the over-priced junk. This is a generalisation of course, but from what I've seen in interviews on TV, a lot of these girls in SEA send money back home that they earn on the streets, and they started out of poverty not addiction.

Be careful about generalisations.

Gather facts, engage brain and then use your mouth.

All the best.

So of all the people HIV positive in Thailand what percent are or were hookers? Since you mentioned the House of the Rising sun I assume you know.

I don't deal in statistics. I don't know. Gut feel tells me if you f*** around you are at greater risk.

Listen to Soeychanloy.

Do some research on Russian prostitution and then post your analysis?

...a lot of these girls in SEA send money back home that they earn on the streets, and they started out of poverty not addiction.

Factually correct.

define poverty in Thailand, I find them the happiest people on the planet living on very little, it is falangs that introduced the word poverty to thailand and I'm not quite sure 80% of thais would understand the concept of poverty, in the up north villages they all look after each other it is falangs that have ruined this country introducing greed and dishonesty, unfortunately as capitalism is destroyong the west the thais are none the wiser, world economics is imploding through greed and corruption that would make Thailand corruption kids play.........................the solution - a very major world event probably on a scale never seen before, oh and on topic - greedy pharma is making billions from the global distribution of drugs to treat HIV Virus - thank god it's not airbourne but could just as easily have been or could be in the future

Edited by smedly

Reporting facts would be statistics. What do you mean you don't deal in Statistics?

The world is managed by statistics. Science is statistics. Medicine is statistics.

Sorry but you can't talk to human being intelligently without using statistics.

Reporting facts would be statistics. What do you mean you don't deal in Statistics?

The world is managed by statistics. Science is statistics. Medicine is statistics.

Then you also know that there a lies, dam_n lies and statistics. An accomplished statistician or accountant for that matter, can make the numbers dance and tell any story they wish to convey, depending on who is footing the bill and the target audience. Much like the uber-low inflation numbers that are currently being spouted in the US.

statistics are a strange beast, statistical analysis outcomes are not an exact science for e.g.

according to statical analysis - smoking causes lung cancer yet the most carcinogenic compound we expose our lungs too the last 40 years is diesel fumes which jave additionally been found to cause blood vessel damage also, the point I'm making here is that it repends what you throw into the mix of stats that will determine the outcome, personally I don't trust government statistics because they rarely show how they where calculated, another statistic that is very rarely known by most people is the risk of cancer from x-ray examination, a doctor will not tell you that every time you are exposed to x-rays through routine examinations in hospitals that you are increasing your chance of contracting a cancer and the exposure from a CAT scan is something like 500 times the risk to a single chest x-ray, what this has to do with the current topic is obvious and is clear from a post I made earlier, you can publish statistics based on certain criteria which could be for e.g. - one million people out of 10 million tested in thailand where found to be HIV positive - assuming 10 million represents the members in the population that are or have been sexually active from the over 18's say 50 million from a total population total of 70 million - that equals 10% of those tested (10 million) have HIV of the possible 40 million sexually active not tested, none of the above is factual but could be because nothing in the published figures actually gives any information about how the one million figure came about - this to me is useless information, now in saying that the reason it is useless information is because of the nature of HIV, if we have a flu virus we will generally know about it in a few days and we will generally know when it has passed because it has symptoms - HIV does not until very late stage AIDS developes - it is invisible for possibley years in those infected which for me means that until those potentially at risk in the population have all been screened then we must assume that figures published are grossly inaccurate, so statistics in this instance are useless

Oh yes you can.

You got a tgf?

Then you also know that there a lies, dam_n lies and statistics. An accomplished statistician or accountant for that matter, can make the numbers dance and tell any story they wish to convey, depending on who is footing the bill and the target audience. Much like the uber-low inflation numbers that are currently being spouted in the US.

Save us from the old wives tales. Statistics are a way of managing numbers and information. You can't take any general course in college without taking at least one and normally three courses in statistics. It is like calculus or algebra.

Oh yes you can.

You got a tgf?

There is nothing inherently right or wrong with statistics. It is simply a way of looking at information. It is like saying I don't use geometry. Geometry or trigonometry don't lie they are simply ways of looking at shapes and numbers. Of course I have a TGF and she has a degree and took courses in statistics in college.

For example the standard deviation measures the average distance from the mean. It is a statistical formula. Let's say we wanted to calculate the standard deviation for the amounts of gold coins pirates on a pirate ship have.

There are 100 pirates on the ship. In statistical terms this means we have a population of 100. If we know the amount of gold coins each of the 100 pirates have, we use the standard deviation equation for an entire population: Formula 1

What if we don't know the amount of gold coins each of the 100 pirates have? For example, we only had enough time to ask 5 pirates how many gold coins they have. In statistical terms this means we have a sample size of 5 and in this case we use the standard deviation equation for a sample of a population: Formula 2

What I am trying to say is there is nothing inherently dishonest about statistics. Statistics is a way of looking at information using numbers. Not honest or dishonest.

post-20120-0-50133000-1334024929.png

post-20120-0-08163800-1334025028.png

I don't think anyone is saying statistics are nonesense, your e.g. is similar to mine in that you need to know certain information before statistics become meaningfull, just coming out and saying each pirate has 5 gold coins isn't enough for me, I want to know other information as to how the number 5 was realised, with the current topic of HIV there are many variables that will make a difference to statistical outcome, e.g. out of 10 million thais tested in the 20-60 age grouping 1 million where found to be HIV positive, with that information you can then make an estimate of the 40 milion not tested how many are likely to have HIV, you could break it down further if it was possible to know how many of the 1 million where sex workers and out of 40 million how many are sex workers, just coming out with a figure of 1 million Thais infected with HIV means absolutly nothing to me or anyone else