Recommended Wife-Friendly Bar Or Nightclub In Bangkok?

tubehero

Hi all,

By 'wife-friendly', I mean a bar or nightclub which is not too loud, where a couple can sit, drink and enjoy watching people.

Can you recommend some places in central Bangkok?

I suppose that expensive Q Bar is not a candidate.

Thank you.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most bars in BKK would be suitable for sitting, drinking and people-watching. None I've been to have been too loud, but I suppose it depends on your definition of too loud. Also depends what music you like.

Slaps

Ive deleted your post

If you haven't got an answer / suggestion it is not necessary to reply to every post on this forum just for the sake of saying something especially negative something

Your next such post the warning wouldn't be this friendly.

Cheers

The new, open air bar/restaurant area in what used to be the parking lot on Sukhumvit between soi's 12 & 14 (next to Times Sq.) where Sunrise Tacos and Insomnia are is a very nice place to sit and people watch. Great happy hour prices (3-6pm, bottled Carlsburg B39,.. 6pm-9pm, most drinks B69) and a variety of dining specials.

Take note; as you enter, the right side tables are Sunrise's menu, left side, the Diner's menu.

I second Saxophone Bar in Victory Monument. smile.png

Saxophone Bar ... I third it ... just a great place, music starts at nine but get there earlier to secure a table where you can actually watch the band and no ... it's not too loud, and drinks not expensive.

As you leave the BTS walk towards the round-a-bout and while on the walkway look down and to the right and it has that ole' English facade.

Also ... if romantic is more the go ... LongTable near the junction of Asoke and Sukhumvit Rds.

http://www.longtablebangkok.com/

Took my sister (middle 50's) there, she had a Brandy Alexandria and loved it.

Great view towards Bangkok, not Hi-So, not pushy, nice music, great views, nice mix of people.

Because it's not crowded, not so much people watching, more an atmosphere type of place.

For a nice romantic night, take her to the restaurant Cabbages and Condoms, then a short taxi ride up to Long Table.

An alternative is the Nest atop of LeFenfix hotel Sukhumvit Soi 11 ... but it's open air so only if the weather is good. It's opposite the Q-Bar.

Edit: Went once to the Q-Bar, lasted 5 mins ... hated the place.

Edited by David48
  • Like 2

There's a wide selection of nice wife-friendly places in the Thong Lor part of town - just a few minutes from the BTS station with the same name. Simply walk around and choose from wine bars to bars with live music. It's quite a chic part of town.

Iron Fairy on Thonglor. Its between HOBS and the junction between Thonglor/Ekkamai. Love the music, the atmosphere and the concept. Their smoking room is actually a boiler room hidden behind the bookcase on the second floor.

http://www.cnngo.com...it-venue-958296

Ha! I was just trying to remember the name of this place. Was at Iron Fairy last week. Nice place. Plus, there's lots of other places right near there where it's great fun to hang out. People watching...and car watching...for sure. Really nice area. I was amazed at all the neat little places to have a drink or a bite to eat.

Check out sip, blue velvet, al majjallis in ekkamai-thong lor areas. My favorite V9 at the Sofitel Silom I think closed down which had nice views but you could uncork a nice bottle for like 500baht and have some lovely tapas style snacks.

Guru magazine usually offers great new spots that pop up from time to time.

Might be a bit far but went to a lounge bar at Soi aree a while back which was good as well but don't recall the name.

Plenty of bars down Samsen. Soi 2 has the bookbar or cafe corner or even Nana cafe break. Other bars on samsen as well. Friendly farrang / expats (such as me closedeyes.gif ) hanging out having a good time cowboy.gif

Edited by benbear

O'Reillys Irish Pub, Silom (Sala Daeng) - live music (e.x. on Fri - the Beatles), big screen for watching sport, a nice interior and atmosphere.

Huntsman English Pub, Sukhumvit (Landmark Hotel, the basement) - live Filipino band, also nice interior.

Saxophone - I like, but very loud (jazz and old "hard" rock), some Thai snobs.

O'Reillys Irish Pub, Silom (Sala Daeng) - live music (e.x. on Fri - the Beatles), big screen for watching sport, a nice interior and atmosphere.

Huntsman English Pub, Sukhumvit (Landmark Hotel, the basement) - live Filipino band, also nice interior.

Saxophone - I like, but very loud (jazz and old "hard" rock), some Thai snobs.

At Saxophone, if the music seems too loud, you can just go upstairs to the "Loft" and lounge on the pillowed floor while looking down on all those "Thai snobs".

Don't hesitate to take your wife to some of the bars at Soi Cowboy. Preferably a place with a good show (Long gun).

She may resist for one moment, but don't take it seriously: women love this stuff. She can't go there with a friend or alone, obviously. So you can give her a special experience she can later talk about.

I have done it with many "good" girls from Thailand and other countries, and they were all quite excited and found it a real experience. And the bars there are totally harmless.

Don't hesitate to take your wife to some of the bars at Soi Cowboy. Preferably a place with a good show (Long gun).

She may resist for one moment, but don't take it seriously: women love this stuff. She can't go there with a friend or alone, obviously. So you can give her a special experience she can later talk about.

I have done it with many "good" girls from Thailand and other countries, and they were all quite excited and found it a real experience. And the bars there are totally harmless.

Are you nuts? ohmy.png

RAZZ

Sorry, but don't agree with this at all. Most of my neighbors wives would never agree to go, and would think you looney for even asking. Resisting would be putting it mildly.

Hi Mango1969, I am also interested in the Huntsman but have never been there. What kind of music is played in that place?

The Huntsman, bottom of the Landmark Hotel

I used to go there quite a bit.

Used to be 3 Phillie girls and a backing Band. both the Band and Girls sounded fine.

Never to loud and play the regular hits and audiences requests ... every time they played Hotel California, I find an excuse to leave the room having heard it sooooooo many times.

The reason that I never mentioned it was because the OP said that he wanted to people watch and there are few who actually go there and mostly are free lance girls, hotel guests and the odd stray (me).

Used to be order before 9pm and it was 2 for 1 drinks.

Can anyone update this?

Completely agree.

How fun is it with foreign woman in the bars? If you ask me, not at all...

For something completely different try Sundowners at Imperial Queens Park on Soi 22

All Farang band. Kind of an odd collection of older guys but they would easily one of the better bands in Bangkok....mostly classic and 80's rock when I was there......

The new, open air bar/restaurant area in what used to be the parking lot on Sukhumvit between soi's 12 & 14 (next to Times Sq.) where Sunrise Tacos and Insomnia are is a very nice place to sit and people watch. Great happy hour prices (3-6pm, bottled Carlsburg B39,.. 6pm-9pm, most drinks B69) and a variety of dining specials.

Take note; as you enter, the right side tables are Sunrise's menu, left side, the Diner's menu.

The place you're referring to is the V8 Diner, the somewhat garishly decorated restaurant nextdoor to Sunrise Tacos there.

That said, their relatively new outdoors dining/drinking area where the former grocery store's parking lot used to be is indeed quite pleasant, especially in the evenings.

They have a whole collection of 69 baht happy hour drinks from noon to 9 pm daily including bottles of San Miguel Light and Carlsberg and Baccardi Breezer, among others. And they lately also have a special 3 - 6 pm price of 39 baht on just Carlsberg bottles, as this poster indicated. Also, their regular price on glasses of house red or white wine is 99 baht at all times.

Small tables for drinking, larger tables for eating a meal, a long decorative fountain that sometimes is turned on. Staff there are pretty friendly and helpful, though lately they've been employing a number of students from upcountry who seem to speak almost no English and don't know, as my wife and I discovered last night, what either "white wine" or "mustard" is, even when translated into/spoken in Thai.

Those things aside, it's a perfectly pleasant and affordable place for a meal and/or drinks and doing a bit of Suk Road people watching.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Also ... if romantic is more the go ... LongTable near the junction of Asoke and Sukhumvit Rds.

http://www.longtablebangkok.com/

Took my sister (middle 50's) there, she had a Brandy Alexandria and loved it.

Great view towards Bangkok, not Hi-So, not pushy, nice music, great views, nice mix of people.

Because it's not crowded, not so much people watching, more an atmosphere type of place.

Long Table has a nightly happy hour where they have buy one, get one free on a limited list of drinks from 5 to 7:30 pm daily. They also have a 399++ baht deal that allows you to choose three appetizer type items from their menu. Pleasant atmosphere and a very nice view of BKK from the 25th floor of the Column Building along Asoke Road.

The original design there came from the same people who did the Bed Supperclub, so it's a kind of take your shoes off and sit on large cushions kind of place.