Which Smartphone For Under 6,000 Baht

engrin

I just bought my wife the Samsung Wave Y. It cost me 4500 baht. The screen is a good size and the clarity is good. The processor is also pretty good. The only problem is that it runs Samsung's Operating System, Bada, and Bada does not have as many apps as I would like for my personal phone. For example, there is no paypal or Ebay apps. Actually, the apps they offer for free are mostly lame games. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion for an Android based phone or some other phone that has a decent sized screen, camera, speed?

thanks

which network are you using? . if you can go a little higher in price. I would say the Samsung Cooper.

But check out the new range of LG phones they seem to be priced well.

also the Imobile i695 is good value.

I have a Wellcom A90. not the best screen but on par with the Y. it was 4.000b (but for some reason can not load skype)

I am on AIS right now with a very basic phone and I want to upgrade to a smartphone.

I'd rather stay under 6,000 if possible. Like I said, the Wave was 4500 and not that bad just not so many choices with apps.

I'd think about getting an LG but I'll pass on Imobile, I think they are crap.

Hows the Wellcom going? Are they also a Thai company?

I hesitate to join these threads because of my lack of IT knowledge.

However, the time has come for me to acquire a smartphone - at least that is what I think I need.

Apart from standard telephony, i would like to receive/send emails, surf the internet and make hotel booking etc, do my online banking and take decent-ish photos that I can then send to family and friends.

The issue (as usual) is my lack of knowledge.

I have read this thread and I like what I see with:- www.samsung.com/galaxyace/mini_overview.html

I am also open to other suggestions but the Galaxy seems to fit on functionality and price (I would go a bit higher if necessary).

A couple of basic questions - where to buy and what 'services' do I need to get internet access on demand. I am with AIS at present

I hesitate to join these threads because of my lack of IT knowledge.

However, the time has come for me to acquire a smartphone - at least that is what I think I need.

Apart from standard telephony, i would like to receive/send emails, surf the internet and make hotel booking etc, do my online banking and take decent-ish photos that I can then send to family and friends.

The issue (as usual) is my lack of knowledge.

I have read this thread and I like what I see with:- www.samsung.com/galaxyace/mini_overview.html

I am also open to other suggestions but the Galaxy seems to fit on functionality and price (I would go a bit higher if necessary).

A couple of basic questions - where to buy and what 'services' do I need to get internet access on demand. I am with AIS at present

See Post #6

I bought the Samsung Galaxy Mini last week. I think it is great for what I want.

I only PAYG and use the internet at home, can live without when travelling around.

Wife has iPhone and uses DTAC for about THB790/Mth internet is not that good, I think some areas are better than others.

Any of the shopping malls have plenty of shops with phones on offer.

• Like 1

Wellcom A99 4.3 inch screen, 1GHz processor, 1GB memory. It's made by Huawei whose model number is Ideos X6. 7000bt.

I meant the A90+ NOT the A99. two very different phones. The A90 is a cheap intergrated processor phone. The screen larger and better than the Samsung mini / y. everything else is about the same.

But the A90+ will NOT install Skype. (a common problem on cheaper phones)

you can still Skype IM using any of the market apps like IMO.

Edited by thaicbr

I recently bought my TGF a Sansung for around ฿6800 from big C. They gave her a spending coupon valued at ฿500 which she could use in that store. My friend said the phone uses the Android 2 OS and the little lady really likes it. I don't recall if it is a Geo or the next one up from that. All is well with it, games and apps.

Wellcom A99 4.3 inch screen, 1GHz processor, 1GB memory. It's made by Huawei whose model number is Ideos X6. 7000bt.

I meant the A90+ NOT the A99. two very different phones. The A90 is a cheap intergrated processor phone. The screen larger and better than the Samsung mini / y. everything else is about the same.

But the A90+ will NOT install Skype. (a common problem on cheaper phones)

you can still Skype IM using any of the market apps like IMO.

And I meant the A99 which WILL install Skype as I have it running on my A99. Just offering the OP another choice.

If you have any friends in the USA who will be coming soon to Thailand you might also want to consider having them pick a used i-phone for you. Re-conditioned and jailbroken i-phones from reputable dealers on E-bay are selling in the $150 to $200 range, sometimes less. That's B6000 and certainly a better phone than you'll get here for that money.

If you have any friends in the USA who will be coming soon to Thailand you might also want to consider having them pick a used i-phone for you. Re-conditioned and jailbroken i-phones from reputable dealers on E-bay are selling in the $150 to $200 range, sometimes less. That's B6000 and certainly a better phone than you'll get here for that money.

That's a good idea. Which reputable dealer would you recommend?

That's a good idea. Which reputable dealer would you recommend?

Just go onto Ebay and search I-Phones. The dealers are all rated by previous customers. Pick one with a 95%+ positive feedback rating over several years and you're pretty safe. Long term positive feedback ratings are like gold to the sellers so they are likely to be very responsive if there is a problem. If you do buy one using a friend, make sure your friend checks it out as much as possible before bringing to Thailand.