Schengen Visa Sposored By Non-Schengen Citizen

I have a question that I thought would be an FAQ but I can't find the answer...

My Thai gf is coming to London for 2 months this year at my expense. The UK visitor visa was easy, much easier than I expected, but I was with her when she put the application in complete with my passport etc.

When she comes over, I'm planning to take her to Switzerland for a few days and maybe France or Italy on another side trip, as well as Amsterdam for a few hours during her stopover on the way home. All of this will be at my expense and with me accompanying.

Now that I'm back in London, I'm trying to work out how to provide evidence of sponsorship/identity etc without sending a load of paperwork with my passport to Bangkok to go with the form.

How have other people solved this problem in the past? It's a real pain in the backside having to submit the application in Thailand.

Thanks in advance..

Not sure what to do in the UK. Here in CM m wife got a UK visa, then we went to the French consulate here ( France was the first 'port of call') They issued one with no problem but it took about 3 weeks. I was told that having the UK visa meant that it was much easier for the French system. ( All the paperwork here and there was not a lot, went to the French Embassy in BKK) As far as I recall, health insurance, ID etc was required, can't recall the rest, but it wasn't as full of paperwork as the initial UK application

I would suggest a Schengen itinerary that indicates the majority of her time will be spent in France. You can then apply for a Schengen visa via France rather than via Switzerland. The Swiss are one of the more difficult Schengen zone countries to get a visa from.

Once she has her visa she is, of course, free to change her itinerary and travel within the Schengen zone as desired.