New Date For Extension

I am on a retirement visa here in Thailand. I amnot happy with my renewal date wasnot thinking when I created the retirement, My annual date for renewal is early August. That is the best month for cruising the west coast of Canada on my boat.At the moment I have to dock my boat end of July and return to renew extension of stay for retirement.I donot wish to fly back again for 4 to 6 weeks more sailing. So would like to change the date for renewal if possible.

Does anyone know if this is possible without having to creat a new visa. I donot wish to do the process a again would just like to move the date for renewal, if I can.

Immigration will allow to extend your permisison of stay for up to 30 days befoe the expiry date. But often they will allow to do it earlier if there is a good reason, such as overseas travel.

If not, you have the option of getting a new non-O visa and extension of stay. That is not more work than an extension of stay, except for applying for a non-O visa.

(A non-O visa doesn't require a police report and medical check like an O-A visa)

I take it you obtained a non immigrant O-A visa in home country and have been obtaining extensions since? All you need is a 90 day single entry non immigrant O visa from home country (this will not require the medical or police reports) and then after being here 60 days extend using the normal financial proof.

I take it you obtained a non immigrant O-A visa in home country and have been obtaining extensions since? All you need is a 90 day single entry non immigrant O visa from home country (this will not require the medical or police reports) and then after being here 60 days extend using the normal financial proof.

I hope I understand this correctly. So this year I can forget about doing an extension of stay. Go sailing till end of August. Return on an immigration 0. Wait 60 days apply for new extension of stay showing financial proof. So basically start a new extension of stay the present one will be gone right.

Let's say he arrives with his new non-O visa on 01 SEP 2012 --> permission to stay until 29 NOV 2012.

Approx. 07 NOV 2012, application for one-year extension --> new permission to stay until 29 NOV 2013