Bangkok Cops Arrested In Possession Of 300,000 Yaba Pills And 5 Kg Of 'ice'

webfact

Three Cops Arrested with Meth, Fired

BANGKOK: -- Three Bangkok police officers from the anti-narcotics unit have been arrested in possession of 300,000 methamphetamine pills and five kilograms of crystallized methamphetamine.

They have already been fired from their job by the Bangkok police commander.

Commander of the Metropolitan Police Bureau Police Lieutenant General Winai Thongsong reported in a press briefing that Police Lieutenant Cherngchob Rajakom, Police Senior Sergeant Major Patara Worachanan and Police Corporal Noppadol Panaree, who are members of the Narcotics Suppression Bureau, have been arrested along with 300,000 methamphetamine pills, five kilograms of crystallized methamphetamine, three cars and ten cellphones.

The officers confiscated the drugs from a drug suspect but intentionally did not report the bust to their superiors and kept the drugs.

All officers have already been fired from their jobs. They will also be investigated by a committee.

However, all of the accused officers have denied any wrongdoing, claiming that the seized drugs were not reported because they were in the middle of an anti-narcotics operation.

In any case, they are now being charged with possession of prohibited drugs with intent to distribute.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-03-21

footer_n.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

" However, all of the accused officers have denied any wrongdoing, claiming that the seized drugs were not reported because they were in the middle of an anti-narcotics operation."

I am sure they are telling the true, the random pill they find in your pocket just out of the blue, must be coming from somewhere, and if they officially declare them as their possession, how can they say it belongs to you after?

Another 300.000 potentially busted farangs narcotic's operation gone in smoke ph34r.png

Being a retired Cop no way would I defend this. But, this is what I noticed in the States. As the drug importation changed locations the more graft you would see. Usually there it would be ripping off the dealers for money.

Why the amounts of money involved. Imagine if you will a three bedroom house with money stacked two feet high with walkways in between the stacks. Guarded by on lone Gunman. Cops in San Bernardino recieved a call of a man with a gun and that is what they walked into. They arrested the guy, he was bailed out within hours. He was never heard of again and San Bernardino got a nice boost to the budget.

Another one in L.A. trashman kept finding one dollar bills at one house in the trash. He thought it was counterfit, it wasn't. So much money they didn't want to count the ones.

Bottom line you prosecute the cops as you would anyone else. I just got through reading the article and what bothered me was talking about administrative violations. Those should be added to the Criminal complaint and used to inhance the penalty.

In reading that article wouldn't surprise me if they walked free.

• Like 2

Monty, I disagree, the U.K. was rife with this in the 1970's but definately not anymore. Obviously there will be bent cops everywhere in the world but not on this scale in the U.K.

Not at this scale? So there are not 3 bad cops in all of the UK?

• Like 1

Ok one more story. LAPD was at one time probably the most corrupt department in the states. During the 1950's They got a new Chief named Parker. He did essentially exactly as you suggested. More older training officer's called it being Parekerized.

It has had it's ups and downs since then. Don't know what it's like today but in my time frame I never saw any graft. Doesn't mean it didn't happen just means if it did I didn't know about it.

All officers have already been fired from their jobs. They will also be investigated by a committee

They'll work as Papaya supreme commanders soon. The comedians will not investigate anything, as Thailand's image as a WORLD CLASS CLOWN DESTINATION can't be destroyed.....

Have they been detained? Will they be transferred to an inactive post as punishment?

I think being fired and detained = inactive post no?

Are they actually sitting in a prison cell? Being fired from their job doesn't necessarily mean that they are completely out of the police force. Transferring to an inactive post seems to be the usual punishment for government employees who commit wrongdoings, particularly for politicians and those in senior positions. I hope one day they will at least be punished as ordinary citizens if they commit crimes.

Edited by hyperdimension

As this story unfolds, I feel certain it will come to light they planned on staging their own sting operation. These drugs were to be used to ferret out truly dirty cops. Just a big misunderstanding. These Cops working for the greater good.

Eyeswideopen: please do just that. You forgot to comment on all the good work these corrupt police have been doing as I mentioned.

Should the police that just arrested the terrorists, the child molesters in Pattaya, The Drug lords, the human trafficers also all be fired right away?

I know several police who did not pay corruption money to become police and they are good honest people.

I guess some people would complain even if it started raining Harley Davidsons with green books in their yards or if the Pattaya harbour turned to gold over night they would still say "why can't the government fix all the pot-holes."

You should try giving credit to the police one day when you wake up. You might start feeling better about living here.

• Like 2

Monty, I disagree, the U.K. was rife with this in the 1970's but definately not anymore. Obviously there will be bent cops everywhere in the world but not on this scale in the U.K.

Of course there are bad cops in the UK. I should know as I worked for Hampshire Constabulary. However they are a very low minority, do not last long if just incompetant and if corrupt procecuted to the full extent of the law.

Here in Thailand I'd guess at least half are on the take.

The cop investigating the burglary at my house is dealing drugs to the principal suspects. Wonder why they aren't caught?

Not at this scale? So there are not 3 bad cops in all of the UK?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Eyeswideopen: please do just that. You forgot to comment on all the good work these corrupt police have been doing as I mentioned.

Should the police that just arrested the terrorists, the child molesters in Pattaya, The Drug lords, the human trafficers also all be fired right away?

I know several police who did not pay corruption money to become police and they are good honest people.

I guess some people would complain even if it started raining Harley Davidsons with green books in their yards or if the Pattaya harbour turned to gold over night they would still say "why can't the government fix all the pot-holes."

You should try giving credit to the police one day when you wake up. You might start feeling better about living here.

That was the best backward person post I've ever read

• Like 1

Ok one more story. LAPD was at one time probably the most corrupt department in the states. During the 1950's They got a new Chief named Parker. He did essentially exactly as you suggested. More older training officer's called it being Parekerized.

It has had it's ups and downs since then. Don't know what it's like today but in my time frame I never saw any graft. Doesn't mean it didn't happen just means if it did I didn't know about it.

Devonshire division was the worst of LAPD. Too mnay drugs in the hood in the north side of the Valley, and too many drugs in the rich south side of the Valley.

Compton had it characters, too, but not like the Valley.

Fortunately, overall, it appears to be better, but people being people it more likely deeper underground.

To show some balance or at least a modicum of it... this is not a situation which is generic to Thaialnd. Australia/UK and USA are rife with this problem as well. I remember when i was staying in australia early 90's there was a huge issue with undercover narcs actaully running the drug world and led to a coronial enquiry... so probably not fair to isolate this as a Thailand only problem... On bright side fact that they have gone after their own and not been afraid to make this public is a breath of fresh air for Thailand.

Just wish they would go after convicted corruption cases with same zeal.

Please give an example or link to corrupt narcotics police in the UK

OK.......the cynics need to decide where they stand on this one.

The bottom line is they have been caught, they have been fired.

That is a result that the cynics would not have expected.........my god, Thai police being punished for wrong doing? no way would be the normal cry............

So they have been caught, and they have been fired.

At this moment they haven't been charged, they haven't been convicted, so the death penalty talk is nonsense..........

So can we just celebrate this one little victory today huh? rolleyes.gif

I love living here !!! Watching the antics of crooked police here is simply a source of amusement to me. You need to get out of your village more, and see what is really going on regarding the actions of the Thai police in Thai society. Regarding a Harley with the sought after green book falling in my back yard, I would call the police to come and remove it.......

The terrorists in Bangkok were arrested because they were blowing themselves up on busy streets. The last child molester was arrested in Pattaya AFTER the fact of the sex act so the police would have a stronger case in court / and for extortion. The drug lords ARE the police. Spend some time in northern Thailand to figure that one out. The major human traffickers are Thai , so the big fish are never caught, only a few minnows from time to time to keep the NGO people happy.

If you want to trade your good police stories against my bad police stories, let's make a bet on it and I will jump right in...... :-)

• Like 2