Best And Worst Views In Phuket

madmitch

Khun Chalerm recently stated that most tourists come to Thailand for the scenery, not the night life. So, whet are the most scenic points in Phuket, and to counter that, what are the biggest eyesores.

For me:

Best: Khao Khad, the viewpoint and various places along that road, (though the view I see nearly every day after driving over the hills between Kata and Chalong out to Chalong Bay would be great if it weren't for the cables.

The biggest eyesore has to be the unfinished condos as you enter Patong from Karon.

Agree that Khao Khud is spectacular and a must see for all tourists. It's location makes it perfect for a visit on the way to or from the aquarium. Also love the similar view from ground level on Ao Yon beach.

To me a good view needs a cold beer or some grub to complete the experience so either Tung Ka Cafe or Phuket View restaurant on Rang Hill is a must.

My personal favourite is the view from the Reggae Bar on Bang Tao Beach. It's the last bar/restaurant on that stretch of beach, and because of the angle of the beach you aren't aware of any of the bars further south and have uninterrupted views North to Layan. It feels like you're in the only bar for miles.

The worst eye sore would have to be the occasional fly tipping sites you see here and there.

Nice thread!

Best.Looking back over Nai Harn as you drive up to Cape.

Worst. PATONG

at the windmill hill next to Ya Nui is one of the best and ironically, maybe one of the worst too, because of that big development on the mountain side at Nai Harn, i think its a Marriot, not sure

On the little road between the hotel and Ao Sane beach. At the road high point, the view is great looking south over Nai Harn, the windmill, and over to Promthep. Even better when there are boats moored in the bay.

Worst - any of the rows upon rows of shophouses with For Sale / Rent signs on them. No, wait a minute, the worst is the rows of shophouses at the north end of Patong Beach, which are all empty and where all the shutters are just rusting away. Truly "innercity-esque".

• 2 weeks later...

Look below as I have seen it, abit a few years ago

http://www.pbase.com...sland_of_phuket

Win

Can you put this on the map? http://www.pbase.com.../image/35844430

Sorry for my latenss, sad.png but no, Kan not remember, as the photo was taken a few years ago.ph34r.png

Ao for sure, as was said, up a small hill looking East.

Win wai.gif

On the little road between the hotel and Ao Sane beach. At the road high point, the view is great looking south over Nai Harn, the windmill, and over to Promthep. Even better when there are boats moored in the bay.

Worst - any of the rows upon rows of shophouses with For Sale / Rent signs on them. No, wait a minute, the worst is the rows of shophouses at the north end of Patong Beach, which are all empty and where all the shutters are just rusting away. Truly "innercity-esque".

Went past Baan Rusting Shutter project yesterday. Nearly all have been empty since they were built. I wonder why? Location is excellent (except watching the sunset with hundreds of cables in your way).

On the way back from the Aquarium, take the first road on the left hand side

Its a really nice drive and has a lookout on it facing Chalong bay, definitely

the best view in Phuket in my opinion

Khao Khad viewpoint on the top of the hill?

http://coord.info/GC23EF2

On the way back from the Aquarium, take the first road on the left hand side

Its a really nice drive and has a lookout on it facing Chalong bay, definitely

the best view in Phuket in my opinion

Khao Khad viewpoint on the top of the hill?

http://coord.info/GC23EF2

Yes thats the one, even has wheelchair access as long as there is someone to push the wheelchair

Went past Baan Rusting Shutter project yesterday. Nearly all have been empty since they were built. I wonder why? Location is excellent (except watching the sunset with hundreds of cables in your way).

Because the rental prices in Patong are rediculous. Not all, but many of the Phuket landlords have this idea or culture that its better to ask for a high price then not rent it out, better than rent it out for a low price. Ie. ask for 15k per month and have it sit empty for 6 years or ask for 10k per month and rent it out. They're in it for the big moneyhit-the-fan.gif

Look at all the empty bars and condo's in Patong. I have a feeling they will be empty for a very long time.

Saving face...Really?

• 1 month later...