Tourist Visa Savannakhet.

Went to Savannakhet on monday, left Khon Kaen at 4am bus from the Non Air bus station 185baht pay on the bus, arrive Mukdahan 835am, you can get a tuktuk, but better to just get the bus to Savannakhet as this is the bus you will be getting on at the border anyway as i discovered, a few who was on my bus from khon kaen did this, but i got a tuktuk 100 baht, paid 45 for the bus at the border, only to discover they was already on the bus i bordered.

Got to Thai Consulate aroung 9 55am,only around 15 people there, got form one copy of passport, 2 Photos,paid 2000 baht, recived ticket to collect next day after 2pm, so now have 2x 60 day Tourist visa's.

No one was getting knocked back, i have 5 previous tourist visa's in my Passport, he just flicked through the pages.

Very easy place to receive the visa but the city is very small compared to Vientiane but is a very quaint city.nifty.

• Like 2

I've seen it mentioned in posts that the Thai consulate in Savannakhet is quite close to the river. Perhaps somebody who knows the location of the consulate will be so kind as to use this map look-up tool and post the coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the consulate. I shall then put a marker on Google Maps and post the corresponding link.

Hello,

When crossing the bridge, SAVANAKHET is just after or is it far as it is when you cross the bridge at NON KHAI an have to go to Vientiane with a van ?

Consulate closes at 12 ?

Thanks.

Open 9-11am to hand visa in, pick up after 2pm.

Across the bridge is about the same as Vientiane after take the bus 50baht, the bus is way overloaded and even when we was on the bus it stayed there as it crammed more and more on there must have been around 100 on the bus by the time we left.

As I remember, the immigration building (on the river bank), also that is where the local only boat crossing is btw Lao & Thai.

The immigration is right before the friendship bridge, about 8 km out of town.Foreigners can't get there by boat any more, as it's only available for Thais nowadays

.The shuttle bus leaves from Mukdahan bus terminal, stops at the border and brings you into Laos .SN bus station after buying a Laos visa and dealing with Thai immigration.Don't forget to try a Laos beer.....jap.gif

Edited by sirchai

This Embassy is also good for multiple entry Non-O visas which you can't get at Vientiane.

I applied for a multiple non-o this week and was denied at this consular. The officer issued a non-o single entry.

The documentation required for a single or multiple entry should be the same. I applied as legal custodian of Thai child with all docs.

I guess there may be a change of policy here.

• 4 weeks later...

That is policy everywhere in the local area - only a single entry is issued for child. But for marriage the multi entry is available.

Hi, just saw your post. I am going this weekend to suvarnakhet for my daughter's visa. she is 15 and I am on a retirement visa. will she be getting only one entry? in that case i might be going to a different destination.

Please let me know asap.

thanks

They are talking about a visa based on haing a Thai child, I rpesume you are talking about getting a visa for a child that doesn't have Thai nationality.

Do you have a retirement visa or are you on a 1 year extension of stay from immigration?

If you are on a 1 year extension of stay, your daughter can be a dependent of you and also get an extension of stay matching yours till she turns 21, as long as she lives with you. For her no income requirements etc, as she will be a dependent of you. Just visit immigration together and pay 1,900 baht.

They are talking about a visa based on haing a Thai child, I rpesume you are talking about getting a visa for a child that doesn't have Thai nationality.

Do you have a retirement visa or are you on a 1 year extension of stay from immigration?

If you are on a 1 year extension of stay, your daughter can be a dependent of you and also get an extension of stay matching yours till she turns 21, as long as she lives with you. For her no income requirements etc, as she will be a dependent of you. Just visit immigration together and pay 1,900 baht.

I have a retirement visa and she is not of thai nationality. i do intend to get her a dependent visa, but i need to show her birth certificate. I'll do that as soon as I'll receive it.

So in our case, for right now, it is possible to get her a double entry in suvarnakhet, right?

Hi ,So its straight forward to get a double entry(two x 60 days) at Savannakhet?All you need is passport photos and money?Also who can tell me ,in detail please how to get fromBbangkok to Savannakhet.I have to go at the end of May

Officially in pre application paperwork they ask for some bank deposit but when making application it is not being required. So the normal marriage certificate/copy, wife id card/home register copies seem to be what is needed. I would take a short letter from wife asking for visa to be issued, if she not with you, just in case asked.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear All,

I would just like to inform you that from May 1st, we have launched a new Thai Visa Run Program to Savannakhet, Lao PDR. Our pricing is currently very competitive as we are looking to attract more expats living in Thailand to visit our Hotel & Entertainment Complex. We also provide VIP service assistance for visa application and passport collection (in the majority of cases, we can go through the whole process on your behalf). The easiest way to join our program is to arrive at Mukdahan, where our welcome center is located. I won't bore everyone with the full details, as they are available at the following website: www.savanvegas.com/visarun should you be interested. There is also a contact form on that page if you have any questions for me.

Thank you and best regards,

Savan Vegas Hotel & Entertainment Complex.