Being Tracked In Thailand Wherever I Go On And Offline

heavenlydisaster

Of course, the OP is paranoid... but he has his points overall:

- Border crossing (passport usage) leaves traces

- Hotel sign in leaves traces (the report your stay)

- debit / credit card leaves traces (not only where you are but what are your preferences)

- phone switch on leaves traces

- jobs leave traces

- insurances leave traces

- mails leave traces

- Internet usage leaves traces (specially cookies / sign-in's / Thaivisa keeping track what I read...)

- Money transfers leave traces (no matter how you do it)

- ... probably forgot many things...

Thus... accept this as part of

1 ) Government Paranoya of not trusting their citizens and wanting to keep track of them

2 ) Big Business Interest to keep track of what you do and get you to click on their pages and buy something...

The alternative? Can only think of either suicide (which will be duly recorded...) or living in the woods without anything electronically (thus you will be duly recorded as missing person not paying taxes anymore...)

Wow, another excellent topic clap2.gif

By the way, why not convert to hermitage? Living in a cave must be fascinating. No wires and devices around you, and no one can track you....or perhaps...after the sun goes down, some inquiring eyes will snoop around you, always watch your back!!

Is it paranoid or not, probably yes. Could they do it if they wanted to? Of course. Monitoring someone with today's technology is extremely easy, so laughing at believing in the possibility is questionable. I don't think OP is important enough to be under such surveillance and I doubt they have resources for even the ones they should.