Foreigner Assaulted At Bangkok BTS Station By Security Guard - Police Launch Investigation

webfact

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No; 18 pages about an innocent father being hit in the head several times for not immediately understanding a garbled instruction about something seemingly innocuous, and only then, understandably, staggering around/being slightly aggressive.

My version is, at this moment, just as credible as yours..

the foreigner's behavior in the video would have resulted in a dose of the Taser or pepper spray in the U.S.-- heck, in Florida the guards could have shot him and claimed self-defense under the stand-your-ground law.

reading this thread it’s amazing how many people seem to hate the place they have decided to reside in.

The man then decides to attempt to karate kick this guard in the chest in order to retrieve the balloons. This guard has clearly not made any physical threat to the man

Oh My Buddha!

cheesy.gif

It's now a Karate kick from the guy....... well as I said earlier, a majority of exaggerations........ but this bites the biscuit! ;)

-mel.

If I was in that situ, it would have been over in a sec, quick roundhouse, take 'em all out, and easy ride home... giggle.gif

-mel.

the foreigner's behavior in the video would have resulted in a dose of the Taser or pepper spray in the U.S.-- heck, in Florida the guards could have shot him and claimed self-defense under the stand-your-ground law.

reading this thread it’s amazing how many people seem to hate the place they have decided to reside in.

In the US , guards would not have stopped him carrying balloons onto a train, a greyhound bus, or wherever; with his wife and child in tow. Just stop exaggerating! :(

-mel.

18 pages about an angry falang hitting and kicking security guards because he can't take his balloons on the train...boo hooviolin.gif

Did you actually see him hit a guard, or kick one, as opposed to being demonstrative after being hit?

Go on, answer me....... show me the hit/punch/kick! What second of a non-descript video?

-mel.

Time to get some actual work done and will follow Metisdead's advice before I get sucked into responding to some of these personal attacks . But I do suggest folks actually watch the video before they believe the headline or the first sentence of the article because the video does NOT show a foreigner being assaulted as the article claims. In fact it is a fairly lengthy video of an out of control foreigner attacking calm and reserved security officers and needing to be restrained by another farang.

Regardless if this guy was at fault or security, it certainly has nothing to do with Thai or any Foriegn society and it is simply about one incident of people who don't claim to represent their entire society by their actions during this incident. If what is usually the case in similar situations is true around the globe then there is likely going to be fault on both sides.

GOOD GOD MAN! How many times do you need to be told that the clip is AFTER he was struck in the face/head? One more time......AFTER!

IS YOUR THICK IGNORANT HEAD FULL OF SAND OR WHAT?

• Like 1

No; 18 pages about an innocent father being hit in the head several times for not immediately understanding a garbled instruction about something seemingly innocuous, and only then, understandably, staggering around/being slightly aggressive.

My version is, at this moment, just as credible as yours..

"Slightly aggressive!!!!!!" Holy ****! Did you really say "Slightly aggressive"? May I suggest you watch the video of the enraged man shoving, trying to kick whilst another farang restrains him while he's screaming and swearing at a guard a foot shorter than him!!!!!! Not the one you seem to have seen!

I'd hate to see you very aggressive if that's your view! The guy's raving, violent being restrained. Seriously, watch it again and concentrate on the mad bloke. 'Slightly aggressive'!!!! Crikey jb

-Taser and pepper spray are less likely to kill you than a several blows to the head (I would expect)

-Have you any proof at the moment that the guy was acting aggressively before he got hit?

-Even if the farang was aggressive (no evidence yet), does that mean he should be the recipient of unreasonable force to incapacitate him (which I would hope would get a security guard fired/imprisoned in most places)?

It amazes me how some people won't question things which are objectively wrong (ie a harsh word/movement towards a gate requires being smacked several times in the face), or will take the view that an action that is objectively wrong should be allowed because "we are guests". If Thailand started killing farang, and all/most Thai people agreed that this was fine, I bet some people here would still say "it's their country, we should respect their decision, you can leave if you disagree".

• Like 1

18 pages about an angry falang hitting and kicking security guards because he can't take his balloons on the train...boo hooviolin.gif

Did you actually see him hit a guard, or kick one, as opposed to being demonstrative after being hit?

Go on, answer me....... show me the hit/punch/kick! What second of a non-descript video?

-mel.

At 0.53 he shoves a guard back about 4ft. It's quick but it's there. Watch carefully. Consider yourself shown. No argue. It's there on camera.

We don't know what happened before the video. My guess is the guy got aggressive and abusive but I have no problem believing that the guard may have been excessive...

Even so -- why the hell would you proceed to act like a complete lunatic - for an extended period of time -- rather than just leave and get some cops? Why would you force your daughter to watch that stuff and be in the middle of it? And how could spend all that time showing absolutely zero visible concern for or even awareness of your little girl?

While I'm slow to get to that point, I have certainly been known to completely lose it once a physical confrontation commences -- but I'd hope I never let that happen in front of my kid(s) and I feel confident it wouldn't. This guy may be a wonderful father on every other occasion but if I were that girls's mother watching that -- I'd be very concerned.

-mel.

At 0.53 he shoves a guard back about 4ft. It's quick but it's there. Watch carefully. Consider yourself shown. No argue. It's there on camera.

Oh stop lying man. They block his way so he walks through them. You are seeing what suits your agenda and no amount of reasoning is gonna shift that. Utter waste of time anyone discussing it further with you.

The man then decides to attempt to karate kick this guard in the chest in order to retrieve the balloons. This guard has clearly not made any physical threat to the man

Oh My Buddha!

cheesy.gif

It's now a Karate kick from the guy....... well as I said earlier, a majority of exaggerations........ but this bites the biscuit! wink.png

-mel.

If I was in that situ, it would have been over in a sec, quick roundhouse, take 'em all out, and easy ride home... giggle.gif

-mel.

Sorry if my definition of the attempted kick is incorrect. I am not a Karate expert (or lawyer). Could you please watch the video at the point around 1:56 where the man leaves the ground with his leg held up aimed in the direction of the BTS guard and advice me as to the correct term that should be used to refer to this type of attempted kick. Maybe i'ved seen too many Jackie Chan videos.

Time to get some actual work done and will follow Metisdead's advice before I get sucked into responding to some of these personal attacks . But I do suggest folks actually watch the video before they believe the headline or the first sentence of the article because the video does NOT show a foreigner being assaulted as the article claims. In fact it is a fairly lengthy video of an out of control foreigner attacking calm and reserved security officers and needing to be restrained by another farang.

Regardless if this guy was at fault or security, it certainly has nothing to do with Thai or any Foriegn society and it is simply about one incident of people who don't claim to represent their entire society by their actions during this incident. If what is usually the case in similar situations is true around the globe then there is likely going to be fault on both sides.

GOOD GOD MAN! How many times do you need to be told that the clip is AFTER he was struck in the face/head? One more time......AFTER!

Ssshhhh! Ssshhhhh! You might wake it up! :(

-mel. ;)

Oh My Buddha!

cheesy.gif

It's now a Karate kick from the guy....... well as I said earlier, a majority of exaggerations........ but this bites the biscuit! wink.png

-mel.

-mel.

Sorry if my definition of the attempted kick is incorrect. I am not a Karate expert (or lawyer). Could you please watch the video at the point around 1:56 where the man leaves the ground with his leg held up aimed in the direction of the BTS guard and advice me as to the correct term that should be used to refer to this type of attempted kick. Maybe i'ved seen too many Jackie Chan videos.

MAYBE, just maybe, when somebody is pulling you it's called 'natural balance'?

Ever nearly slipped on ice, and nearly kicked somebody?

It's all heresay, still...... :z

Edit......: I don't see him leave the ground, by the way! Was he reacting to a previous hit?

Edited by MEL1

Ssshhhh! Ssshhhhh! You might wake it up! sad.png

-mel. wink.png

LOL Right... so what we gain from all this. I wish this was the only problem in Thailand, it would be close to paradise hahaha

Crime figures here are not that high contrary to scaremongers and you are just as likley to be beaten up or knifed in the UK. And I believe I am right in saying there are 30,000 victims of gun crime every year in USA (not to dig my American friends as I love America-just stating a few facts) Check the stats.

You speak of figures and facts but other than one (without a source or any context) you don't provide any. You say 30,000 "every year" (which of course is ridiculous -- such things aren't static); that's out of a population of over 300,000,000. But can you provide a source?

What about the Thai figures you mention? Can you show some? From nearly 3 decades of observation, I can say with some certainty that violent crime is actually rather high here. Certainly I know that according to some statistics, the murder rate per capita is much higher than the US and murders with a firearm are among the highest in the world. But I'd be interested in seeing your figures.

Why don't you show us "the stats"?

-mel.

Oh stop lying man. They block his way so he walks through them. You are seeing what suits your agenda and no amount of reasoning is gonna shift that. Utter waste of time anyone discussing it further with you.

Please don't call me a liar, thank you. "walks through them" pretty funny fellah. See if I walk through you don't consider it me shoving you! Also if you notice he walks away in the opposite direction! Obviously walked in the wrong direction first! Do me a favour...don't discuss it any further with me. Thanks in advance.

"What is wrong with keeping balloons out of the hands of the wrong people?"

Balloons, land mines, torture equipment, cluster bombs, chemical weapons are weapons designed to inflict pain and death on human beings. Most victims are civilians, women and children. How can balloon manufacturers, weapons designers, plant managers, politicians, who have families of their own whom they love, be so insensitive when it comes to the suffering of other human beings?

Ssshhhh! Ssshhhhh! You might wake it up! sad.png

-mel. wink.png

LOL Right... so what we gain from all this. I wish this was the only problem in Thailand, it would be close to paradise hahaha

It is paradise, less events like this. That's why we are here. Simple as.

It's unfortunate that many comments here come from non-Thai residents... they know nothing, and think this is big wonderful news, as does The Nation and TV.

For those of us who keep our noses out, get on with it, love it, and admire it, away from the police estates of the west, then this report is small fish.

In essence, we like to input, either for a laugh or for a wind up........ but this incident will never affect my life here, my travels on BTS if necessary, nor my respect for little asses making their 6k a month with a baton. ;)

-mel.

"What is wrong with keeping balloons out of the hands of the wrong people?"

Balloons, land mines, torture equipment, cluster bombs, chemical weapons are weapons designed to inflict pain and death on human beings. Most victims are civilians, women and children. How can balloon manufacturers, weapons designers, plant managers, politicians, who have families of their own whom they love, be so insensitive when it comes to the suffering of other human beings?

Wot? :o .... Balloons are weapons designed to inflict pain? Wot? :o

>swift removal< face.......... you are a missile off the mark on this one fella!

-mel.

I wonder which part of the western world many TV posters come from when they suggest Thailand is a violent place to live. In the 10 years I have lived in SE Asia I have never witnessed anything more violent that a Saturday night fight in an average city centre in UK, USA, Australia.........

If you don't p-ss people off by shagging their girlfriend, acting aggressively, making the locals lose face or indeed breaking security rules such as taking baloons on the BTS, then it is VERY unlikely you will find yourself in this type of situation.

With the current security situation in Thailand being as it is, I applaud the security staff for actually doing the job they are being paid to do, under difficult circumstances dealing with stubburn, drunk, jumped up members of the public who think they have a god given right to put security at risk.

• Like 2