My New Triton’S Speedo Is Up To 10Km/Slower Than My Sat Nav.(Garmin)

Mobi

I done a bit of Googling on this and it seems to be quite common for speedos in cars to be around 3- 4/km faster than the speed shown by on-board sat navs, which by general consensus is reckoned to be pretty accurate.

This was the case with my BMW when I detected a slight difference, but not enough to even worry about and often the speeds were virtually the same.

I now have a brand new Triton and I was shocked to find that when driving at what I thought was 120 km/hr, there is a whopping 10km/hr difference between the speedo and the sat nav, and even at much slower speeds, the differential is still around 6-7 kms/hr.

Anyone else noticed this or do I have a ‘Friday afternoon’ model?

When I use my TomTom in the US or Canada the speed on the GPS is spot on with the trucks speedo, several different trucks being used.

My Garmin is accurate up to about 90kmph with my Toyota Vigo here but after that it shows slower than the trucks speedo by up to 10kmph when I get up to about 130kph.

Don't have a clue why

Innacurate speedos seem to be the norm in LOS. My Navara reads about 8km/hr faster than the GPS from around 90kmh and up.

Would not be permitted in the west but hey who cares how fast you drive here anyway?

As somebody else said fittting different sized wheels/tires can fix the problem if you are worried about it.

Given that my BMW speedo was pretty close to the Garmin and now my triton is as bad, if not worse, than your vigo then it seems pretty obvious that the speedos in Thai trucks are naff!

Note I am using the same Garmin.

This is s bit surprising as all these trucks are also exported. Is it possible that they put inferior parts in the domestic vehicles or maybe they short cut on calibrating the instruments...

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Innacurate speedos seem to be the norm in LOS. My Navara reads about 8km/hr faster than the GPS from around 90kmh and up.

Would not be permitted in the west but hey who cares how fast you drive here anyway?

As somebody else said fittting different sized wheels/tires can fix the problem if you are worried about it.

Do you have it set to track the North Korean satellites?

Posted with &lt;URL Automatically Removed&gt;App http://apps.<URL Automatically Removed>

Would do you mean, would not be permitted in the West?

Between 5-10% higher on speedo than actual seemed to be the norm for all the cars I've ever driven back home in Europe.

Between 5-10% higher on speedo than actual seemed to be the norm for all the cars I've ever driven back home in Europe.

Correct.

I worked for one of the distributors in the Auto industry in Australia for a while and this is a widely accepted fact. Subaru up to 10% is one of the worst but most around 5%