Kiss Coming To Jomtien: "Opening Soon" 24 Hour Joint

Jingthing

I think Kiss is OK. Not horrible, certainly not great, and convenient for a late night light meal.

Anyway, they are expanding to Jomtien.

That will be good news to many and the 24 hour thing is good as there isn't much in Jomtien that is edible 24 hours.

On the down side, they are taking over the Mr. Moo restaurant location at Rompho Market (Jomtien 2nd/Soi 5). I like Mr. Moo better than Kiss.

Another thing about Kiss. Yes I get it that Rompho area is becoming a nightlife hotspot. However, I would have preferred a 24 hour spot like that to be on Jomtien Beach Road or inner Thappraya, not 2nd. But I guess the Kiss owners made it on 2nd in Pattaya, so don't want to break the tradition in Jomtien, so now it's 2nd in Jomtien.

Well, Jomtien "progresses", like it or not ...

Edited by Jingthing

I tried KISS several times in Pattaya.

They allow a parade of aggressive vendors to march thru the place to hassle customers and the staff were extremely unhappy/unfriendly.

Never understood why anyone would go back for more?

Yes Kiss have an interesting business model that is for sure.

I think they deliberately train their staff to be rude.

And yeah the hawkers are annoying.

Havent been for a few years and not likely to be going back.

I have only been to kiss on Soi Siam Country Club and agree that the staff there is very rude, non-caring and slow. I got food poisoning the first and third (last) time I was there.

They did have wifi that is free however it took me to 4 different staff workers to get the password.

As far as I'm concerned you know what they can "Kiss".

PS: I like the open concept and design and the prices are cheap but would sooner pay more for good food.

They allow a parade of aggressive vendors to march thru the place to hassle customers and the staff were extremely unhappy/unfriendly.

Location, location, location? coffee1.gif

Is Mr Moo the place on the corner near all the outdoor food stands & market ? That place does a good trade already & Kiss will proably improve on that. Agree that a 24 hour place would be better on beach road or even Jomtien Complex.

Anybody remember when they opened a new place behind their 2nd Rd/Central location on soi Diana in what is now the Mega Break pool hall ? Seemed like a silly idea to me as they were competing with themselves, only lasted a short while.Mate of mine got sick at their North Pattaya location.

I reckon they do an alright Rad Na/Pad Siew

Correct about Mr. Moo. They seemto be moving to a smaller space now inside the market but I doubt they will doing their entire menu there. I will miss the old Mr. Moo (but not severely). It isn't surprising though that Kiss saw the trade there and wanted the action.

Edited by Jingthing

Correct about Mr. Moo. They seemto be moving to a smaller space now inside the market but I doubt they will doing their entire menu there. I will miss the old Mr. Moo (but not severely). It isn't surprising though that Kiss saw the trade there and wanted the action.

Mr Moo is opening a bakery and tea shop on the corner of Rompho Road and Threppasit 17. Dont know if they will be selling food but have made a seating area outside with tables and chairs.

• 10 months later...

I miss the old place. In fact I don't go to that market very often anymore since they closed. I liked to combine some shopping with a nice meal at Mr. Moo. I am not a fan of Kiss. But don't cry for them, they're doing well with the Russian set and these days that's where you WANT to be doing well.

Edited by Jingthing

Have eaten maybe a gazillion times at Kiss in the last 20 years and have never gotten sick.

I concurr with JT, food is nothing special but you usually know what you are getting, same every time.

Cheap enough, open 24/7 and I have one within 1 km of where I live.

They have reliably cured my hunger pangs at the most odd times of the day/night!

It's rather odd to get spoiled food there considering their high turn over rate.

Most likely a case of bad food handling, freezing/defrosting/freezing again, things which unfortunately happen in pretty much any restaurant here...

To be fair, Mr. Moo wasn't gourmet food either. But it was good enough for me to enjoy regularly at that great market location. I can't bring myself to eat at Kiss very often, when I do go it's more of a default hunger/convenience option. I continue to be amazed at the very limited number of half decent Thai food options in inner Jomtien.

Edited by Jingthing

..... me and the Mrs have been throwing up all night after eating in the Jomtien branch at about 2am...

Given that their toilets/drains have been overflowing into the street directly in front of the kitchen for the past 72 hours this is hardly surprising.

Most people seem to have given up eating in there for the duration as the odour is stomach-churning from many yards away. Even the night market vendors nearest to Kiss have had few if any customers since the problem started.

• Like 1

I visited the Jomtien Kiss on Sunday, the smell from the market was enough to make me feel ill.

The protions have decreased & the VAT is a turn off.

My normal one is Soi Siam, previously quite good, now they are all very average.

I am affraid they have lost me, too much like a chain operation now.

Bye Bye Kiss Foods

Ditto.

I will never go back to a place with rude staff who allows hawkers bother me the entire time.

In 12 years never had a bad meal out of there or been sick . what i would warn people about is always check your bill before paying it seems to always been add on's happened a few times now and same excuse given it was meant for the table next door . Also note the bill boards around the kitchen area prices when i got the Mrs to ask why are we being charged 150 baht when it say's 75 baht she was told they are old .That was in S/C/C

In 12 years never had a bad meal out of there or been sick . what i would warn people about is always check your bill before paying it seems to always been add on's happened a few times now and same excuse given it was meant for the table next door . Also note the bill boards around the kitchen area prices when i got the Mrs to ask why are we being charged 150 baht when it say's 75 baht she was told they are old .That was in S/C/C

Yes, check your bill against the menu prices and your change. There have been "discrepancies", which I have pointed out. But that was in the past year or so. I don't go to Kiss anywhere anymore. As said above, their portions have shrunk. They also used the cheapest rice, and were very stingy with that too, <deleted>. Seems to me on wanderings past Kiss on Pattaya Second Rd., it's not as busy late as it used to be. Could just be wishful thinking.

Somehow I would never have imagined that our resident food critic JINGTHING would eat in KISS! w00t.gif

Very, very rarely. I tried the Jomtien place twice. The 2nd road place maybe one or two times a year only when I'm close and they are open LATE. I think their yellow curry is acceptable. Like most Thai places in Pattaya for some bizarre reason, their pad krapow ... isn't. Edited by Jingthing

Somehow I would never have imagined that our resident food critic JINGTHING would eat in KISS! w00t.gif

Very, very rarely. I tried the Jomtien place twice. The 2nd road place maybe one or two times a year only when I'm close and they are open LATE. I think their yellow curry is acceptable. Like most Thai places in Pattaya for some bizarre reason, their pad krapow ... isn't.

Maybe we should start a new thread: Search for a tasty phad krapow in Pattaya. Or some such. But, that might become a moribund thread.

• Like 1