Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

Benny was already looking at a stint on the sidelines through a bit of a hamstring - so his forced recovery is almost a non-event.

I saw that incident at the time and was speaking to my dad on the phone and he asked if I saw that and my first reaction was - he'll go for at least 3 weeks for that - it was more of an "off the cuff" remark at the time, but I did suspect he'd go before the MRP, and we all know they're about as useful as a PTP MP. I just had a real long look at that incident and there's really <deleted> all in that even at slow motion, contact was made - yes, was it high? - yes, high impact? Depends on their interpretation of "high impact" is, the impact on GWS was that Tom Scully was subbed out - so if that's the MRP's interpretation then I guess it was "high impact", if it's based on a physical impact, then I'm perplexed at how it can be deemed "high", the physical impact came from Scully hitting the ground head first due to his arms trying to secure the ball. Intentional? Highly ambiguous really.

Any precidents this year for this?

Does this change things against WCE? I doubt as much, Tippett is hitting his straps - hell, the lumber jack Mike Pyke is even proving a useful option up front - Mummy's back (but needs a lot of practise during the week, having missed some set shots on Sunday). Malceski's proving that his '12 Grand Final goals are no fluke and is liking the opportunity to go up front.

The problem for the Swans, I fear, will be their reliance on Tippett as their 'go to' target. Remember when we had Hally, he was just the magnet and no matter what, the boys just seemed to always want to pump it long into him when they got stuck.

Gary Rohan made his comeback in the reserves on the weekend also chaps... Looked in good form and looks like his picked up a click or two in foot speed. Be good to see him and Jetts going at it when their both fully fit and back in the first 22!

How are the Eagles fairing injury wise? Kerr, Wellingham, Shuey still out?

• Like 1

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The McGlynn incident looked innocuous, but I guess if they do give out harsh penalties we will find such incidents drying up. Maybe he was just frustrated. I missed the first quarter and a half so im not sure what happened up till then

I have just had a look at the times for AFL on Australian network. On Friday 27/07 they are going to show the AFL at 1730. This will be a delayed telecast. At 1700 you have to watch Home & Away. Time to complain to them again.

http://australianetwork.com/guide/20130726_thailand.htm

You can get all the games for every round, here for free ripstanley.

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=other

"

Here is my little note to "australianetwork"

Considering the AFL season only runs for half of the year,I am sure that there are many expats who would rather watch repeats of home and away than a live telecast of a crucial game such as the Essendon vs Hawthorn game on Saturday 26/7/2013.Seeing that there are a number of options to watch it live your AFL sponsors would no doubt be happy about the decision.I am part of a forum with a very large australian expat membership and bellieve me we're not happy.

• Like 1

Benny was already looking at a stint on the sidelines through a bit of a hamstring - so his forced recovery is almost a non-event.

I saw that incident at the time and was speaking to my dad on the phone and he asked if I saw that and my first reaction was - he'll go for at least 3 weeks for that - it was more of an "off the cuff" remark at the time, but I did suspect he'd go before the MRP, and we all know they're about as useful as a PTP MP. I just had a real long look at that incident and there's really <deleted> all in that even at slow motion, contact was made - yes, was it high? - yes, high impact? Depends on their interpretation of "high impact" is, the impact on GWS was that Tom Scully was subbed out - so if that's the MRP's interpretation then I guess it was "high impact", if it's based on a physical impact, then I'm perplexed at how it can be deemed "high", the physical impact came from Scully hitting the ground head first due to his arms trying to secure the ball. Intentional? Highly ambiguous really.

Does this change things against WCE? I doubt as much, Tippett is hitting his straps - hell, the lumber jack Mike Pyke is even proving a useful option up front - Mummy's back (but needs a lot of practise during the week, having missed some set shots on Sunday). Malceski's proving that his '12 Grand Final goals are no fluke and is liking the opportunity to go up front.

The problem for the Swans, I fear, will be their reliance on Tippett as their 'go to' target. Remember when we had Hally, he was just the magnet and no matter what, the boys just seemed to always want to pump it long into him when they got stuck.

Gary Rohan made his comeback in the reserves on the weekend also chaps... Looked in good form and looks like his picked up a click or two in foot speed. Be good to see him and Jetts going at it when their both fully fit and back in the first 22!

Boys

As sure as eggs is eggs, the MRP was always going to come down hard after last weeks fiasco with McKernan.

Word on the street is that Shuey and Wellingham will be back. I for one think it's a danger game for Sydney as

WC probably should've beaten Essendon at home and were really competitive with Freo with a badly depleted midfield.

Maybe I'm just hoping though.

I like North this Friday against Carlton as well. Although I find it hard to be objective when Carlton play.

I have just had a look at the times for AFL on Australian network. On Friday 27/07 they are going to show the AFL at 1730. This will be a delayed telecast. At 1700 you have to watch Home & Away. Time to complain to them again.

http://australianetwork.com/guide/20130726_thailand.htm

You can get all the games for every round, here for free ripstanley.

http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=other

"

Here is my little note to "australianetwork"

Considering the AFL season only runs for half of the year,I am sure that there are many expats who would rather watch repeats of home and away than a live telecast of a crucial game such as the Essendon vs Hawthorn game on Saturday 26/7/2013.Seeing that there are a number of options to watch it live your AFL sponsors would no doubt be happy about the decision.I am part of a forum with a very large australian expat membership and bellieve me we're not happy.

I'm hearing you Ron19.

The trouble is, I'm scared of offending AN in case they reduce the games again.

Word is that when last years contract was up, Rudd wanted to scrap the coverage completely.

Trend Setters

Just read that Lewis Jetta is out for at least another 5 weeks

and LRT might not play again this year. Add that to Goodes, Reid,

Shaw etc and it's going to be tough.

Is that right? That's bad news indeed...very bad.

This has been a horror season for Sydney with injuries. The last few years they have managed fairly well with very few injuries

It has been good to see Rampe, Tommy Mitchell and Brandon Jack all step up. I guess those injuries also give White and Everitt some more chances to shine. Can Sydney maintain their run? Freo did with all their injuries. Jetta is missed..even if only from the exciting dimension he adds with his runs

Boys

As sure as eggs is eggs, the MRP was always going to come down hard after last weeks fiasco with McKernan.

Word on the street is that Shuey and Wellingham will be back. I for one think it's a danger game for Sydney as

WC probably should've beaten Essendon at home and were really competitive with Freo with a badly depleted midfield.

I like North this Friday against Carlton as well. Although I find it hard to be objective when Carlton play.

WCE is a real chance against Sydney. Although they thrashed GWS they were not that accurate and they were not accurate against Melbourne either. Hardly pressure games.

As GrantSmith mentioned, it was good to see Pikey up front marking and kicking goals.

Will27, I agree, North could do Carlton. I don't know who ill pick for that game. North has let me down a couple of times. Doesn't seem to matter what type of lead they have they can blow it. tongue.png

Anyone have thoughts on the Freo v Richmond game? This is tough game to pick. I favour Freo at the moment, even with Pavlich out.

Boys

WCE is a real chance against Sydney. Although they thrashed GWS they were not that accurate and they were not accurate against Melbourne either. Hardly pressure games.

As GrantSmith mentioned, it was good to see Pikey up front marking and kicking goals.

Will27, I agree, North could do Carlton. I don't know who ill pick for that game. North has let me down a couple of times. Doesn't seem to matter what type of lead they have they can blow it. tongue.png

Anyone have thoughts on the Freo v Richmond game? This is tough game to pick. I favour Freo at the moment, even with Pavlich out.

I like Freo in this one. I think Richmond have a few downhill skiers and Freo will strangle them.

I like North as I don't think Carlton play Etihad that well. North should come out snarling afters last weeks effort

against Brisbane.

Update: Just read that Hayden Ballantyne out for Freo for 2 weeks with a hammy. Him and Pav being out will make it tough.

I'm still sticking with Freo though, just.

My tips for Round 17

Heading off to Kananchaburi (River Kwai) on Thursday so best get them in. Probably won't know the results until next Tuesday evening' (Inlaws don't have the net)

North

Hawthorn

Essendon

Collingwood

St Kilda

Melbourne

Fremantle

Geelong

West Coast

My tips for Round 17

Heading off to Kananchaburi (River Kwai) on Thursday so best get them in. Probably won't know the results until next Tuesday evening' (Inlaws don't have the net)

North

Hawthorn

Essendon

Collingwood

St Kilda

Melbourne

Fremantle

Geelong

West Coast

Have fun.

I only spent a few days there but really enjoyed the place

Edited by BookMan

My tips for Round 17

North

Hawthorn

Essendon

Collingwood

St Kilda

Melbourne

Fremantle

Geelong

West Coast

Have fun.

I only spent a few days there but really enjoyed the place

Down there quite often with the wife's family living there. Long drive tho 8 hours

Can anyone suggest bars that show Australia Television so I can watch Geelong v Adelaide this weekend? I live in Ari.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Unsure to be honest, however anywhere that has the Australia Network available will have it playing..

This thread, although a little dated appears to have some suggestions and as far as I'm aware (can't confirm) they're still operating.

Can anyone suggest bars that show Australia Television so I can watch Geelong v Adelaide this weekend? I live in Ari.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Australian network are showing West Coast V Sydney Swans on Sunday. Not the Geelong / Adelaide game

• Like 1

Not this round but I would like to see them win a game before the season finishes and I feel their best chance could be round 19 against melbourne.I would hate to see them have to drop their draws.facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_.gif

Edited by Ron19