Health Insurance

tropico

If you don't have outpatient included you take a huge risk. Many cancer treatments are outpatient. Think about 100.000THB to 300.000THB a month for medicines alone.

That's why a separate cancer insurance policy is such a popular product in Thailand.

I've not seen any special policies to cover cancer OP treatment but agree with you that it's something hugely important to consider but, living as I'm told we do, in the lung cancer capital of SE Asia, I suspect it's going to cost a fortune. Any insurers to suggest or idea of premiums?

Almost all the insurance companies have them; i.e. Thai Health, AXA, and so on. I just looked at what ACS (Thailand) has to offer and it's not much...max. 500,000 THB and only up to age 54. BUPA has it but only coverage up to 900,000 THB and in small print...available to Thai Nationals only. Probably not a good idea to come down with cancer in Thailand unless you are fabulously wealthy, have International insurance that will cover the treatment, or can return to your home country for treatment!

try ACS asia this is the link, http://www.acs-ami.c...asia_guarantees to what they provide, but go direct through the compnay which means calling France, im on the 1b scheme. Edited by thaimiller

try ACS asia this is the link, http://www.acs-ami.c...asia_guarantees to what they provide, but go direct through the compnay which means calling France, im on the 1b scheme.

Yes, I just signed up for the 1b plan.....just a tad over half the cost of my previous insurer April.

I want good coverage which will insure for major illness and accident. The cost of cancer treatment, the ICU for a bad accident involving me or any/all family etc and continued payments for as long as it takes.

$1mil coverage is plenty for that here in Aisa and if you did not have it and god forbid something like that does happen...it could ruin you financially for the rest of your life.

Have you ever used/made a claim with this insurer? Any problems or quick and painless? Is it a direct pay or reimbursement scheme?

try ACS asia this is the link, http://www.acs-ami.c...asia_guarantees to what they provide, but go direct through the compnay which means calling France, im on the 1b scheme.

Ive never had to make a claim, but they are an Allianze company so I cant imagine that being a problem. I pay direct debit from my credit card each month and they pay the hospital direct for any claim, you only have the excess to pay at the start. Edited by thaimiller

Thanks to every one for answering and I did some more research after reading all the replies. I finally got insured with LMG for about 17,000 baht and it cover opd as well. It is not the best solution but with the money I spent I think it is fine. Most insurances are similar but no one is perfect.

Thanks to all