Retirement Visa Re Entry Problem

some time on thai visa there is to many people,good bad or indifferent,offering visa advice,and not all are singing from the same song sheet.and it can get a bit confusing even for long timers to sort out the wheat from the chafe.and then newcomers dont really no who to trust,.mods do a very good job on keeping people on the right path though,i think there shoul be just designated peole to give important visa advice as its a contenscious issue,just my opion..,

some time on thai visa there is to many people,good bad or indifferent,offering visa advice,and not all are singing from the same song sheet.and it can get a bit confusing even for long timers to sort out the wheat from the chafe.and then newcomers dont really no who to trust,.mods do a very good job on keeping people on the right path though,i think there shoul be just designated peole to give important visa advice as its a contenscious issue,just my opion..,

The reason I don't agree with closing this forum to a limited number of "experts" is because over the years we have learned about important changes and trends from all kinds of posters. The visa situation here can sometimes be fluid and there are so many variations at different immigration offices over time. No one or two experts can possibly know about all that activity and sometimes random reports and advice turn out to reveal important new information. I think closing this forum that way would be an overall HUGE LOSS. While I don't consider myself a top expert (excepting perhaps the retirement area) and my advice is by no means flawless at one time years ago I was "strongly encouraged" by a former mod to stop posting here because he didn't like one mistake I made. Should I have listened to him? Also, when posters post obviously dangerous advice, advice to do illegal things, or post random rumors they heard in a bar, almost always there is negative feedback about that, and quick.

People who want a one on one with a so called authoritative "expert" can also of course go to one of those visa shops that claim to offer that service. An OPEN forum offers something else, and in my view, much more valuable.

Edited by Jingthing

This is, I believe, a site where those who know less about these issues pose questions to those who know more.

It's 'amusing' that some posters seem to have little better to do than point out to the people who know less that they know less.

I know I don't know; that's why I asked the question in the first place....

• Like 1