Angry Man Blasts Russians In Pattaya

TCW

The Russian tourist makeup is diverse like many nationalities here. There are a lot of Russians at the 5* hotels too. The letter author sounds like some tired old Brit pensioner who hasn't got laid recently and bitches and whines about the high living costs here and the diminishing value of GBP. Many welcome the ruble...... someone is buying these condos and sure ain't the Brits.

Dont know why some posters think russians in asia are new or have nit noy satang. I recall seeing 10 russian passenger planes on the tarmac one day in Bali 2000.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Russian tourist makeup is diverse like many nationalities here. There are a lot of Russians at the 5* hotels too. The letter author sounds like some tired old Brit pensioner who hasn't got laid recently and bitches and whines about the high living costs here and the diminishing value of GBP. Many welcome the ruble...... someone is buying these condos and sure ain't the Brits.

Dont know why some posters think russians in asia are new or have nit noy satang. I recall seeing 10 russian passenger planes on the tarmac one day in Bali 2000.

Poor maintenance????tongue.png

• Like 2

Its fun to see al those English worked up about the Russians. Its not like they are all that well behaved.

I agree many Russians are rude.

But getting worked up about the Thais advertising in Russian and helping Russians is plain arrogant. Why not id say they are spending money.

Learn to speak a bit of Thai, your language is not the only important one on the planet.

I feel English love to put down French Germans ect, i just accept every country has idiots mine included.

Every country has bad sides like rude Russians, drunk agressive Brits, drug using Dutch. (Dutch myself) but i dont identify with someone or defend him just because he is Dutch im no nationalistic.

Just accept it guys your turn has passed there are new players.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App

Never considered myself a player so to speak, and i m not at all bothered if we Brits are in Pattaya or not, i ve always been an individual and paddled my own boat, i am nicely off and so care less if Brits are here or not. i m here and thats what matters to me although have to go back sat for business reasons. If Russians are taking over Pattaya then it doesn t really bother me as it doesn t in any way spoil my fun, nor does it bother me if there are Russians in a bar i m in. However it would bother me if a load of them were partying next door to a condo i owned until 4 in the morning, now that would spoil my days here, and so i m now not taking the chance on buying one. My main concern is for Pattaya robblok, below cost price air fares from Moscow to BKK will cease sooner or later and then Pattaya will have big problems. in Udon Thani where I live at the mo, there are loads of Brits living here, not just on holiday, I would say more than any other nationality, they ve just given Pattaya a wide berth so you won t see many there, cos they are all here, as well as places like Chaing Mai. Many Brits and other Europeans are also now going to Vietnam and Cambodia for holidays as its now much cheaper than Thailand and so it could be said that its Thailand thats had its day not Brits or Europeans, depends on how you look at it really. In any event Russians won t last too long here, when air fares go up to normal price that is. Good luck Pattaya as it really needs some.

I enjoy looking at the tall leggy Russian blondes. Certainly no issues from me and If a few of them were partying in a condo next to me, Id be straight round there with a Kak dyela? and a smile, you never know!

Aha, well obviously much younger than me, i like my sleeps too much.

Look Robblok me old, its really not a case of new players, Russians are behind the times, as soon as they know their ruble will go so much further in vietnam etc, they l be outta Thailand like a russian missile, as for the Ruble been very much welcome here, did you look at previous posts under the heading Russians in Thailand, I know 3 Thai bar owners in Pattaya whome I am in regular contact who dislike them as much as most others. Thailand is not my country, nobody rules here but the Thai s and its up to individuals where they go and I can tell you Brits are giving Pattaya a wide berth. Russians are much tighter with money than we ever were as most struggle to get a holiday like this, whats more if any race of people deserve a holiday its the Russians as they have to work like the devil often in very poor freezing conditions. I don t have an issue as I don t live in Pattaya, if I did the only issue I would have is having them next door to me drunk all night, which is why there s no way i m now going to buy a condo there. As realistic Ron has just said though, not a bad point either if you can t beat erm join erm, take a bottle of da vodka around and takes yeah chances, a leggy blond may be for the taking, doubt it though as she l just have a big mustle Russian lad built like a brick shed, could try though but best him than me LOLS ha ha ha ha. OH YES an by the way my biggest mates here in Udon are not Brits as most although not drunks are right dummies, they are Germans and French whome come to my shop to have a beer with me. Sorry but I feel sure Pattaya is going to ultimately loose out with da RUBLE, sometimes called the ROUBLE. its really not a Russian issue with me as I hate nobody, can t say I like them though.

jonnybgood has really hit the nail on the head though, nobody could have put it better in so few words, ME well i ve got a right gob on me ha ha ha ha, well done jonnybgood, the most intelligant one here, summed up in a few words with some simple maths thrown in.

The funniest thing i ve seen about Russians in Pattaya, and I have to be careful here because the Pattaya police report if quoted may be against forum rules, however here goes. 2 Russian men were arrested by Pattaya police and 2 ladyboys after a disturbance was reported by a neighbour in a condo block. Upon investigations by Pattaya police the two men were found scratched and bleeding with marks on their faces and backs, it transpires that the two Russian men had met the ladyboys earlier that evening and invited them back to the condo whereon they quickly found out that the two girls were not girls at all and became abusive towards them and a fight ensued. Now the pics of the 4 of them in Pattaya police station are hilarious, the two strapping Russian lads sat there looking bemused and unbelieving at what just happened to them with bruised faces and bloodied backs etc, the ladyboys sat there totaly unruffled and unmarked, one was checking her lipstick with a small vanity mirror, the other filing her nails, both smiling and seemingly having a chat. LOLS its hilarious, if those picks and police report hit the Moscow headlines Putin would have them shot at dawn. Now there s poetic justice for you and a good lesson to our Russian friends, be careful who you are rude to, do not rip the p ss, and try to distinguish between sexes as there s a third sex here in Thailand. ha ha ha ha ha

The funniest thing i ve seen about Russians in Pattaya, and I have to be careful here because the Pattaya police report if quoted may be against forum rules, however here goes. 2 Russian men were arrested by Pattaya police and 2 ladyboys after a disturbance was reported by a neighbour in a condo block. Upon investigations by Pattaya police the two men were found scratched and bleeding with marks on their faces and backs, it transpires that the two Russian men had met the ladyboys earlier that evening and invited them back to the condo whereon they quickly found out that the two girls were not girls at all and became abusive towards them and a fight ensued. Now the pics of the 4 of them in Pattaya police station are hilarious, the two strapping Russian lads sat there looking bemused and unbelieving at what just happened to them with bruised faces and bloodied backs etc, the ladyboys sat there totaly unruffled and unmarked, one was checking her lipstick with a small vanity mirror, the other filing her nails, both smiling and seemingly having a chat. LOLS its hilarious, if those picks and police report hit the Moscow headlines Putin would have them shot at dawn. Now there s poetic justice for you and a good lesson to our Russian friends, be careful who you are rude to, do not rip the p ss, and try to distinguish between sexes as there s a third sex here in Thailand. ha ha ha ha ha

Well, YOUR words of wisdom apply to any nationality.

Its fun to see al those English worked up about the Russians. Its not like they are all that well behaved.

But getting worked up about the Thais advertising in Russian and helping Russians is plain arrogant. Why not id say they are spending money.

Learn to speak a bit of Thai, your language is not the only important one on the planet.

I feel English love to put down French Germans ect, i just accept every country has idiots mine included.

Every country has bad sides like rude Russians, drunk agressive Brits, drug using Dutch. (Dutch myself) but i dont identify with someone or defend him just because he is Dutch im no nationalistic.

This reminds me of a time some years ago, sitting on the apron at munich airport, A German pilot came over the radio asking for clearance to taxi to the active runway, he requested clearance in German, his request was denied as the international aviation language is English, and was told to repeat his request in English, the German pilot replied, I am a German pilot in a German registered airliner, on German soil, why should I have to speak English. A very posh English voice came over the radio, I think British Airways, and said, because you lost the war old boy. ha ha ha ha
  • Like 1

This reminds me of a time some years ago, sitting on the apron at munich airport, A German pilot came over the radio asking for clearance to taxi to the active runway, he requested clearance in German, his request was denied as the international aviation language is English, and was told to repeat his request in English, the German pilot replied, I am a German pilot in a German registered airliner, on German soil, why should I have to speak English. A very posh English voice came over the radio, I think British Airways, and said, because you lost the war old boy. ha ha ha ha

Funny, but the main credit for winning WW2 against the Nazis has to go to the ... RUSSIANS!

Keep in mind a vast majority of the Russians that visit Pattaya are very low educated, poor, country side people who have either never left the country or one or twice possible some package vacations to Turkey or Egypt.

Most Muscovites would not be caught dead in that cesspool, def samui or phuket more likely. Ignoring Patong and that mango of course.

how do u know they are russians,i have heard that the majority are from ukraine and thats by 2 ukraine women

Funny, but the main credit for winning WW2 against the Nazis has to go to the ... RUSSIANS!

I disagree although they played a big part, the credit must surely go to the USA, in any event i m not even going to go there when it comes to the one about the flying Dutchman, to continue with that story though as I forgot to mention, a little later on just before we were about to push back off the apron, another English voice came over saying and I quote, yeah I flew to Germany often back in 44, but I never landed here. I would nt really say that we rip it though, Air traffic control issued a general warning to all traffic that anymore abuse of Munichs radio would result in investigation and possible suspentions, I almost asked if he had possibly been an SS officer but refrained under the circumstances.Anyway to get back on topic before I m bounced outta here, if you like Russians then try a RUSSIAN airline next time you come, but take a tranqualiser with you and a zapper cos they all get drunk, start fighting an the bogs are full of vomit. In short Russian air travel ain t safe me old.

I don't even have to argue with the kikes of dibble. It clearly shows how he is against people who are not Brits.

The excuse about the trouble for pattaya is just funny. I don't care where idiots come from. If they make trouble i hate them all the same. But it seems there are quite a lot of people who think the shit from their country smells good.

Brits make more then their fair share of trouble. They are not angels like some want us to believe. Just like other nationalities they have enough trouble makers. But it seems people are blind for this.

The war comments are laughable without the USA and the Russians the Brits would speak German for sure. The days of your empire are gone old boy.

Why all this flag waving, just accept there are idiots everywhere every country has them.

• Like 1

I don't even have to argue with the kikes of dibble. It clearly shows how he is against people who are not Brits.

The excuse about the trouble for pattaya is just funny. I don't care where idiots come from. If they make trouble i hate them all the same. But it seems there are quite a lot of people who think the shit from their country smells good.

Brits make more then their fair share of trouble. They are not angels like some want us to believe. Just like other nationalities they have enough trouble makers. But it seems people are blind for this.

The war comments are laughable without the USA and the Russians the Brits would speak German for sure. The days of your empire are gone old boy.

Why all this flag waving, just accept there are idiots everywhere every country has them.

Yes and as you will see old chap, my best friends here are German and one Frenchman as stated above, as for the empire lol, that was 17th century stuff, we gave it all back to them, they didn t take it back. Our idiots we call chavs back in the empire, that stands for council house and violent, Great Britain is no longer great, in fact its becoming the pits, but I can tell you if our chavs came to Pattaya it would make the Russians look like pansies LOL, I wouldn t wish British chavs on my worst enemies inclu the ex wife. LOL i m not waving nout and not the British flag thats for sure as I hate the place mainly due to what its become. You really are wrong about that. I m discussing Pattaya at mo and Russians are now a big part of Pattaya and so its Russians who come under the scope so to speak, there s no Brits there anymore they ve all shipped on out. I agree though lets not live in the past, the empire was back in the 17th century nobodies mentioned this but you. There are few to no Brits in Pattaya to cause mayhem anymore, however when there was and I saw a group of them on the beach with a great big british flag flying it made me cringe a bit as there s just no need for such bull. Your not talking to any patriot lol, like I said i paddle my own boat not britains or anybody elses for that matter. Sorry though but I just don t trust commies, their reasons for been here as somebodies heavily subsidising them which I am suspitious of. If it were Danish, your own countrymen I would be very happy, or french, or german. I just don t trust them at all, in fact its been stated that a lot are eastern Europeans and not Russian as they sound the same don t they, I hope this is the case.

Soz forgot to mention, I posted something about North Korea on here, if you d care to find it, and you are right as you will see I thanked God there was an America to help us during that time otherwise if me old Adolf had have invaded GB, around midnight, we d av been eating Nazi sausages by tea time the next day. We are only a small island in a very big sea. Nobodies disputing that fact lol, you are absolutely right. Can t fault it.

Dibble,

I still don't understand you why subsided travel of Russians would be bad.

But i will take your word for it.

I just saw too many people waving flags and such. (Not literally) But i have experienced rude Russians not nice but rude Dutch would nit be nice either. I just got a problem with the rude part not not the nationally.

Anyway some of my good friends are English. Don't have much Dutch friends as there are not many around. Met a few but they were not my type. Just the same country is not enough.

A trait I have noticed with ze Germans is they come into a bar all sit down and have a right old laugh. Pay their check bin at the end of the night and no dramas or arguments over who's had an extra drink or that bill shouldn't be in there because im so drunk I cant remember ordering it 4 hours ago.

As for some of the Brits that's a totally different story very argumentative with each other and that's coming from a fellow Brit.

Can't comment on the Russians they don't tend to drink in the 'girly bars'.

I f you read somewhere above I did say if anybody deserves a good holiday it must be Russians as they work like dogs under often terrible conditions in extreme cold for very little salary, and this is my point, how do they afford to come here by the thousands and when they are here I suppose they let off steam as they are on a holiday of a lifetime. Its just the fact that who is paying for them to be here because if you type into your search engine, Russian standard of living you will see my point as a Russian army colonel is earning less than a cleaner, upwards of a few dollars a month. And so I am suspitious as to why somebody is paying them to be here as I know 99 percent of Russians would never afford it even with cut price below cost air fares. I am asking if these people are perhaps eastern Europeans and not Russian,? if they are all Russian then I have deep concerns as to how they afforded to get here, soz but I am a bit of a conspiracy theorist, and soz but I don t trust Russia, and Russians by the thousands just doesn t add up at all. a German friend of mine has said its all to do with Russian mafia, not my words, if this is the case then there must be a hell of a lot of mafia in Russia. Or are they all just tourists on cheap package tours,? if this was the case I would say enjoy, but I cannot believe any package tour could be cheap enough for thousands of them to come here as I know their wages are a pittance.

subsidised travel for russians is not bad Robblock, its who is subsidising them and why,? thats my question.

I have no idea but ill make a guess. Maybe the government to keep the airlines busy and keep them from going under.

I hope this is the case, or perhaps the Thai government to help a flagging tourist trade. Dunno which, its also possible that Russian airlines get cheap jet fuel as they are of course all part of the party. As long as thats the case then I don t have an issue, its Russia itself I don t trust. I do think though that ultimately Russian tourists will follow suit and start going to places like Vietnam as its so much cheaper now. Another thing I do not understand and makes me even more suspitious is why they don t all go to Laos,? I mean Laos is commie, its always been close to Russia,many Laos hotels fly the Russian flag. Somebody posted a comment that the Thai tourist officials struck a deal with Russia to get Russian tourists here, I am suspitious of this because if Russia were to make a deal with anyone it would be Laos. They ve always been very pro Russia for decades now and were on the side of Vietnam during that conflict, if an American airman was shot down over Laos it was deemed to be over enemy territory. Just thinking out aloud thats all as I am deeply suspitious of the whole thing to do with thousands of Russians in Thailand. suppose it won t do any good though wondering and thinking about it, in any event after tomorrow i m off back to the homeland for a while YUCK, so will be offline now for a good few months as no internet where I am, so all the best to you all and remember, the only good commie is..................... one who s back in Russia.

subsidised travel for russians is not bad Robblock, its who is subsidising them and why,? thats my question.

I have no idea but ill make a guess. Maybe the government to keep the airlines busy and keep them from going under.

I hope this is the case, or perhaps the Thai government to help a flagging tourist trade. Dunno which, its also possible that Russian airlines get cheap jet fuel as they are of course all part of the party. As long as thats the case then I don t have an issue, its Russia itself I don t trust. I do think though that ultimately Russian tourists will follow suit and start going to places like Vietnam as its so much cheaper now. Another thing I do not understand and makes me even more suspitious is why they don t all go to Laos,? I mean Laos is commie, its always been close to Russia,many Laos hotels fly the Russian flag. Somebody posted a comment that the Thai tourist officials struck a deal with Russia to get Russian tourists here, I am suspitious of this because if Russia were to make a deal with anyone it would be Laos. They ve always been very pro Russia for decades now and were on the side of Vietnam during that conflict, if an American airman was shot down over Laos it was deemed to be over enemy territory. Just thinking out aloud thats all as I am deeply suspitious of the whole thing to do with thousands of Russians in Thailand. suppose it won t do any good though wondering and thinking about it, in any event after tomorrow i m off back to the homeland for a while YUCK, so will be offline now for a good few months as no internet where I am, so all the best to you all and remember, the only good commie is..................... one who s back in Russia.

Thank you for your tutorial on history and politics for the last 50 years in Southeast Asia Mr.Dribble. whistling.gif Please enjoy your time in your "homeland" away from the internet, I know I will enjoy it biggrin.png . I hope you will be free of commies, socialists, liberals and lefty's!

Edited by gerry53
  • Like 1

Yes and as you will see old chap, my best friends here are German and one Frenchman as stated above, as for the empire lol, that was 17th century stuff, we gave it all back to them, they didn t take it back. Our idiots we call chavs back in the empire, that stands for council house and violent, Great Britain is no longer great, in fact its becoming the pits, but I can tell you if our chavs came to Pattaya it would make the Russians look like pansies LOL, I wouldn t wish British chavs on my worst enemies inclu the ex wife. LOL i m not waving nout and not the British flag thats for sure as I hate the place mainly due to what its become. You really are wrong about that. I m discussing Pattaya at mo and Russians are now a big part of Pattaya and so its Russians who come under the scope so to speak, there s no Brits there anymore they ve all shipped on out. I agree though lets not live in the past, the empire was back in the 17th century nobodies mentioned this but you. There are few to no Brits in Pattaya to cause mayhem anymore, however when there was and I saw a group of them on the beach with a great big british flag flying it made me cringe a bit as there s just no need for such bull. Your not talking to any patriot lol, like I said i paddle my own boat not britains or anybody elses for that matter. Sorry though but I just don t trust commies, their reasons for been here as somebodies heavily subsidising them which I am suspitious of. If it were Danish, your own countrymen I would be very happy, or french, or german. I just don t trust them at all, in fact its been stated that a lot are eastern Europeans and not Russian as they sound the same don t they, I hope this is the case.

Still many British expats residing in Pattaya. Your history timeline for the British Empire is flawed. The Empire was at it's pinnacle in the later part of the 19th century.

Still many British expats residing in Pattaya. Your history timeline for the British Empire is flawed. The Empire was at it's pinnacle in the later part of the 19th century.

Well ouff with his head then and God save the queen.
  • Like 1

maybe I can answere my own question with more drivvel, and then I really must get packing. The thousands of Russians in Pattaya are paid for by the Soviet Union. Now we in the West have been slagging off communism for decades saying things like comrads are as poor as church mice, living in harsh conditions sharing a roll up in sub zero conditions. The powers that be back in Russia are well aware of the banking crash and subsiquent depression in Europe and has set about on a big propaganda hype to demorolise us, the soviet party is atualy very rich indeed and see s money well spent on flooding a western popular holiday destination with Soviet comrads, prooving that comrads are not poor as popular belief and are in fact better off than us western bods now, and therefore communism does indeed work contrary to popular belief, a kind of shove this in your pipe and smoke it. Well the Russian comrads certainly arn t paying cos I know they just ain t got the dosh. So summits cracking off ain t it. And such discussions as this is exactly what they want. Maybe