Where'S The Next "Big Thing"/The Next City To Sort Of Boom With Expats?

submaniac

cool times ahead after the chinese girl invasion, walking down suk in my sandals, singha vest and ripped shorts, hand in hand with my light skin invading chinese bargirl, i spose the poor issan bargirl will have to carry our shopping bags for us

I have some photos of Chinese exes to give you a taste of what is to come.

Unfortunately TV rules forbid me from posting them here.

Sorry ph34r.png

send them to ian, he has no shame. he'll post anything.

• Like 1

I would have to throw in Khon Kaen, especially the area around the lake. Few years ago you could count the number of farangs on one hand. Now there are several western owned businesses popping up. Seems to be attracting the more laid back quiet types. Has to have the biggest concentration of Americans than anywhere else in Thailand (Not saying this is good or bad).

I would agree, somewhat. It certainly has grown quickly in the past 10 years. There are lots of changes.

the university doesn't hurt either.

Obviously it Kampheang Phet, thriving ex pat colony which still lives in the reign of Queen Victoria, they even have a "Hunt" you know like chasing foxes around the area, so I think this is the next big "place to be" Thriving "Hernia Club" as well by all account, even the entry to to the province says its "World Hernia Site"

I want a hernia.......all my pals have had hernia's and I haven't!!!........it really annoys me, I pay all my tax and national insurance.......if they can get hernia's then I want mine too!!! mad.gif

A swift kick to the groin produces a similar feeling albeit temporarily.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

I would have to throw in Khon Kaen, especially the area around the lake. Few years ago you could count the number of farangs on one hand. Now there are several western owned businesses popping up. Seems to be attracting the more laid back quiet types. Has to have the biggest concentration of Americans than anywhere else in Thailand (Not saying this is good or bad).

Yep, up here in "The Elephants Graveyard" it seems like a building boom is happening.

I can't see Had Yai, even though it's a very friendly place, and also big enough.

Going by my personal 'list of cities in Thailand that I like', I can see:

Khon Kaen, Kanchanaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan town, Chanthaburi.

And Udon and Nong Khai of course, but I those already have a fair number of Western expats.

(Note that i've never been to Ubon, Nakhon Sri Thammarat and Pattani so I can't comment on those. I've been everywhere else.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

We get a lot of tourists passing through Chumphon on the way to Koh Tao and other places, but recently there have been tourists staying in Chumphon for thier holiday break, so who knows? Maybe Chumphon and the surrounding areas will see a large influx of tourists and expats, I am certainly seeing more here than I did two years ago.

Udon and Khon Kaen are those places. Because they are not tourist-only, but rather where the smart people who want to stay here long term go. Then they just hop cheap flights down to the beaches when it's quiet.

If you classify by nationality, well, that sounds like a European mind at work. "taken over by russians, germans, etc."

I think you have it slightly wrong about the Chinese bar girl invasion, -there will be an invasion of rich Mainlander Chinese Men with a lot of hard cash and investment money buying up everything and turning you into renters. Just look at the 15 billion baht thrown down to rebuild Central in Udon. Guess who they are banking on for 2015?

If anything the hotter more light skinned part-Chinese-anyways girls will be leaving with them and right before 2015, Thailand will "purge" as many foreigners as they can so they can "flip" the advantage toward their new Chinese overlords. Your visa no matter what it was before, will suck compared to theirs, as they will be empowered by ASEAN free-trade laws and you will not.

Become a citizen of one of the ASEAN countries before 2015 and enjoy, otherwise the view you have of how things are now and what's going to be "booming" might not be accurate.

• Like 1

Udon and Khon Kaen are those places. Because they are not tourist-only, but rather where the smart people who want to stay here long term go. Then they just hop cheap flights down to the beaches when it's quiet.

If you classify by nationality, well, that sounds like a European mind at work. "taken over by russians, germans, etc."

I think you have it slightly wrong about the Chinese bar girl invasion, -there will be an invasion of rich Mainlander Chinese Men with a lot of hard cash and investment money buying up everything and turning you into renters. Just look at the 15 billion baht thrown down to rebuild Central in Udon. Guess who they are banking on for 2015?

If anything the hotter more light skinned part-Chinese-anyways girls will be leaving with them and right before 2015, Thailand will "purge" as many foreigners as they can so they can "flip" the advantage toward their new Chinese overlords. Your visa no matter what it was before, will suck compared to theirs, as they will be empowered by ASEAN free-trade laws and you will not.

Become a citizen of one of the ASEAN countries before 2015 and enjoy, otherwise the view you have of how things are now and what's going to be "booming" might not be accurate.

That is actually a very good slant on visa problems. Get citizenship in a less restrictive ASEAN country and wait for 2015.

Long term sure, but a good idea.

We get a lot of tourists passing through Chumphon on the way to Koh Tao and other places, but recently there have been tourists staying in Chumphon for thier holiday break, so who knows? Maybe Chumphon and the surrounding areas will see a large influx of tourists and expats, I am certainly seeing more here than I did two years ago.

I hope we don't see a large influx of farang in Chumphon! It's still one of the only picturesque places in the south that is not overrun with "pirate pants" wearing backpackers!

I have some photos of Chinese exes to give you a taste of what is to come.

Unfortunately TV rules forbid me from posting them here.

Sorry ph34r.png

send them to ian, he has no shame. he'll post anything.

That was the "OLD" Ian. After numerous banishings I finally realized that thai visa has separate rules for me. I'm not allowed to post photos of people, other than myself.

I hope we don't see a large influx of farang in Chumphon! It's still one of the only picturesque places in the south that is not overrun with "pirate pants" wearing backpackers!

Yes it is a lovely place to live, but some tourists have discovered the beauty of Chumphon and have said they will tell others, so it may simply be a matter of time till another paradise is lost.

Dont forget Pattaya, I think it could really take off, I am hoping to go there myself one day, I here its like Blackpool and Las Vegas only a bit hotter!

No, it's like Blackpool but without the sophistication.

But is has noise and flashing lights but no rides, so I am told ( there is no fairground although there may be other rides to be had). Edited by exeter

I dont see any "new" places, just a continued expansion of the old locations and small towns away from them expanding. If they would only reconsider the sale of land they could "create" new cities, I recall this was actually part of PTs election manifesto (but as land reclamation).

The next BIG ONE has got to be our nieghbours to the west.