Americans Only

Lost in LOS

the scary part is you dont have to actually owe the taxes. IRS has a really bad system, when they think you might owe them, they give you a big bill and you have to prove you dont. They dont have to prove you do. Very scary if you are about to come to thailand and find out you have a big tax bill waiting.

• Like 2

Just another sign of the fall of a once-great nation. It's like a foolish spendthrift dunned by banks and credit card companies reduced to hunting for loose change that may have fallen behind the sofa cushions.

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 2

tax is NOT in the constitution and has not been correctly ratified.

it s volontary,mean NOT enforceable.

if you pay tax to IRS, you could be arrested.

dealing with the IRS is a crime.

Show me where you have to pay tax?

Win a case in the supreme court saying it is not constitutional and then you might have something.

It IS bloody well enforceable. Wake up and smell the coffee. They've got us all by the short hairs and resistance is futile.

When your living at the greybar motel?

the scary part is you dont have to actually owe the taxes. IRS has a really bad system, when they think you might owe them, they give you a big bill and you have to prove you dont. They dont have to prove you do. Very scary if you are about to come to thailand and find out you have a big tax bill waiting.

New York state IRS has owed me $1200 for the past 3 months. They've been stalling on peoples refunds this year because they're broke! What restrictions shall be imposed on these people????

The constitution is dead, with virtually every liberty provided being constrained by spurious legislation such as the Patriot Act.

The US government closely mirrors it's Thai counterparts these days. Power elite feathering their own nests at the cost of their constituents.

• Like 2

The constitution is dead, with virtually every liberty provided being constrained by spurious legislation such as the Patriot Act.

The US government closely mirrors it's Thai counterparts these days. Power elite feathering their own nests at the cost of their constituents.

What use is a constitution that can be amended?

The U.S. constitution has been amended very little. The U.S. supreme court's role is to interpret the constitution for the times we live in. It's folly to think such an old document can answer all the details of modern issues explicitly.

It's funny right wing "strict constitutionalists" hate "activist judges" when the decision goes against their political ideology. But they are thrilled with them when they like the decisions.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

Well, the US owes at least 15 trillion $, so they need every cent they can get hold of.

Rather than scrounging for loose change that would make no difference whatsoever, better just to stop wasting so many of the billions they do have.

Plus, according to a source I saw, 49% of the population pay no tax, so all the workerssdsf have a lot of people to support!

Yeah. How 'bout them paying taxes too.

to correct one poster, 70% of americans get more from the government than they put in.

I had a restaurant and we have to pay taxes monthly to the state board of equalization. One month, when paying all our bills, they all bounced, about $70,000 worth of bills and all my vendors were in an uproar. Turns out, they cleaned out our account for not paying. No warning, no paperwork etc. When we showed them the paid check to them, they realized they inputed one number in our account wrong. Took them 2 months to give us the money back after admitting their mistake.

• Like 1

"It's funny right wing "strict constitutionalists" hate "activist judges" when the decision goes against their political ideology. But they are thrilled with them when they like the decisions."

"It's funny left wing "progressives" hate "conservitave judges" when the decision goes against their political ideology. But they are thrilled with them when they like the decisions. "

Too easyclap2.gif

Just get a CPA for when you are here. It's worth the fees and definitely helps if you give them specific Power Of Attorney. If they are an EA "Enrolled Analyst" they can represent you on any IRS matter.

Let them do the phone calls and get the sneaky mails the IRS sends when they see an exit flag on your passport. The IRS *will* be pretty slick when you are out of town.

If you an list of IRS Enrolled Analysts, PM me I can send you the links. But don't freak out when one of the scare tactic threads emerge.

Tell Mr. Snipes that one, he already tried it and it failed miserably as it did for his adviser as well..