Dredged Canals Leaking Into Mueng Ake

MEL1

Urgent: The Chaopraya overspill and side canals in Mueng Ake, adjacent to Rangsit University, currently saturated, were dredged 4 days ago. As a result, more water has traversed into the canal underground and is now filling roads and small shops with water. It is expected that 1m will possibly rise in the next four to 5 hours.

All those within the University and surrounding compounds and residences are advised to move belongings upstairs, yet again, as the influx of water is currently only an estimate, and real volume rise is unknown.

Great Hey! :(

-mel.

coffee1.gif Yeah, it being April 1st I was going to start a topic about the new long-term stay visa being offered by the Thai consulates starting today for those under 50 years of age.

It was especially intended for those farangs living in Pattaya and wanting to stay in Thailand for one year without requiring visa runs.

It would have been called the "Long-Term Resident Boozer and Loser" visa or the "L-TR B @ L" visa.

I was going to tell everyone who wanted one it would only be offered on Walking street in Pattaya tonight, so they should take their passport down there tonight, dressed only in their umderwear.

They would have to carry an opened bottle of beer, and yell,, "Where's my g---d-mned 1 year visa?", so the police could find them and take them to the police station to issue them a visa.

But I didn't do that, because I figured there just might be a few TV forum members who would actually DO such a thing,

licklips.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG
  • Like 1

coffee1.gif Yeah, it being April 1st I was going to start a topic about the new long-term stay visa being offered by the Thai consulates starting today for those under 50 years of age.

It was especially intended for those farangs living in Pattaya and wanting to stay in Thailand for one year without requiring visa runs.

It would have been called the "Long-Term Resident Boozer and Loser" visa or the "L-TR B @ L" visa.

I was going to tell everyone who wanted one it would only be offered on Walking street in Pattaya tonight, so they should take their passport down there tonight, dressed only in their umderwear.

They would have to carry an opened bottle of beer, and yell,, "Where's my g---d-mned 1 year visa?", so the police could find them and take them to the police station to issue them a visa.

But I didn't do that, because I figured there just might be a few TV forum members who would actually DO such a thing,

licklips.gif

giggle.gif ... Funny, but slightly exaggerated circumstances... ;)

I'm sure one or two would have replied with, "really?" - though. :)

-mel.