Comming To Thailand What Sort Of Protection I Need To Bring.

althemighty

Why do people with s"I"gh phones always insist on saying its a Sighphone,

Do they go around also saying my Toshiba Fridge, my Moulinex vacuum my Chinese Thai wife mk2.................? I just wondered??

Perhaps, its because the iPhone has become its own generic descriptor?... much in the same way hoover, bic biro, Xerox, Coke, Kleenex, ScotchTape... iPhone has almost re-invented the phone and perhaps created a new market for the smart phone.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No I am not a troll. I am really getting married on the 9th. Reason for phuket is because she wanted an island because it is hot and weather was not good to go to pai where we had first planned. Chose phuket because it has direct flight back to ubon. Currently plan is to have nice dinner and restraunt and maybe a show or a movie at night on 9th. We do plan to go out 1 day in phuket to celibrate and want to do songkran. Is there a place in phuket that is good to party and does not have the wrong type of crowd?

Strange choices.

She doesn't like pros, so you take her to a Phuket where there are plenty, and not Pai where there are almost none.

She likes cool, so you take her to Phuket, where it will be hotter than hell, and not Pai which is almost sure to be cooler.

Thais from Issan are traditionally scared of the south islands and beaches at that time of year, hurricanes and Tsunamis, they tell me.

I vote for troll, no legit poster could be this contrary.

• Like 1

The best time of the year to visit pai is not April. Best time to visit the beach is in April. We plan to go to Pai in december for our second honeymoon.

In December Pai can be so cold, there may be frost on the ground in the morning and locals die of exposure.

• Like 1

I am getting married twice. First April 9 so I can apply for spouse visa. Then again in december for the formal wedding. We will be already be married but that is when the party will be and the dowry given. My fiance is a teacher so it is her long holidays and we are spending 2 weeks in thailand and 3 weeks here in Australia together to build our relationship and then when she returns to thailand for start of school year we will submit spouse visa application. I am a teacher so will be back to work at her school in october and december and we hope visa will be granted before next April.

I am a bit worried about bang la. Last time I walked down the street with two western girls in my arms that i met at the hotel and a lady boy just used that as an opportunity to grab my crutch as my arms were around the women and i could not block it. I think because she is thai the girls on the street will think she is just competition and try to get me to go with them. I want to have fun and party. I am resigned to not taking photo's now but what should i do to avoid girls trying to get with me and my wife getting angry with me.

Just read this and am astounded that you would need to "build your relationship" when you have already planned the wedding. Shouldn't you know her well enough before proposing?

Givving a dowry- LOL. I hope you have done some research on that!

<Avoid girls trying to get with me>, and you say you've been to Bangla before. It just gets better and better.

althemighty

April for the beach is not wrong, January-April would be the right answer for Phuket regarding weather. A bit to much people in the first two

month of the year so!

TommoPhysicist is comlpetely right, Pai in December can be deadly cold. Do not forget the fur of a polar bear in front of the fireplace.giggle.gif

-Althemighty-

" I think because she is thai the girls on the street will think she is just competition and try to get me to go with them. I want to have fun and party. I am resigned to not taking photo's now but what should i do to avoid girls trying to get with me and my wife getting angry with me."

=If you are with a woman "recognizable" others will not competing to openly in front of her, maybe in her back, so. But that is no problem.

But you should know That, when you spent time in TH.=

Edited by ALFREDO
Once again, stop using bold font when posting!

Do they go around also saying my Toshiba Fridge, my Moulinex vacuum my Chinese Thai wife mk2.................? I just wondered??

Perhaps, its because the iPhone has become its own generic descriptor?... much in the same way hoover, bic biro, Xerox, Coke, Kleenex, ScotchTape... iPhone has almost re-invented the phone and perhaps created a new market for the smart phone.

The difference would perhaps be that people didn't pay way over what something was worth, and walk around talking loudly about "my Scotch tape" trying to impress other people with how marvellous they are because they were able to afford sticky tape.

BTW, didn't apple have to do something about their Chinese factories because so many people were killing themselves making the overpriced toy?

Just read this and am astounded that you would need to "build your relationship" when you have already planned the wedding. Shouldn't you know her well enough before proposing?

<Avoid girls trying to get with me>, and you say you've been to Bangla before. It just gets better and better.

Yes need to build our relationship in the eyes of the visa people and her comming to Australia for visit helps that.

Yes giving a dowry and yes 300000 baht is alot but oh well sucjh is life i got a friend paying twice that for his fiance.

Been to bangla before took a girl on a date to a ping pong show. Not into prostitutes myself but liked to party when younger.

Umm pai also had some other negatives when we were choosing such as it would take almost all 4 days we have for our honeymoon just getting there and back where phuket had direct flights making it alot quicker.

Yes need to build our relationship in the eyes of the visa people and her comming to Australia for visit helps that.

Yes giving a dowry and yes 300000 baht is alot but oh well sucjh is life i got a friend paying twice that for his fiance.

Been to bangla before took a girl on a date to a ping pong show. Not into prostitutes myself but liked to party when younger.

Umm pai also had some other negatives when we were choosing such as it would take almost all 4 days we have for our honeymoon just getting there and back where phuket had direct flights making it alot quicker.

Re the dowry- you need to do some research QUICK. There's loads on the forum about it. 300,000- great thundering balls of fire. I hope you're getting it all back after!!!

As for your friend, there's dozens of TV posters rolling around on the floor laughing like drains after reading that!

... sigh

Oh well, live and learn ... onto the next poster.

Edited by David48

The difference would perhaps be that people didn't pay way over what something was worth, and walk around talking loudly about "my Scotch tape" trying to impress other people with how marvellous they are because they were able to afford sticky tape.

BTW, didn't apple have to do something about their Chinese factories because so many people were killing themselves making the overpriced toy?

A topic for another thread perhaps. While I disagree, you have brought up and an interesting point.

Hee hee... I enjoy Songkran myself but you have to be ready for it- worthless clothes and shoes/flipflops, pockets empty, one bag for a minimal amount of cash, know exactly where you're going and how much it will cost to get you back to 'home, safe, & dry'. Stay away from any tourist places and go out with a group of Thai frends - *have* a group of Thai friends, too, come to think of it. No need for phones; you shouldn't plan to take pictures with such a critical informational item during Songkran- if you must, buy one of those waterproof cameras or use a small digital cam inside a tough plastic bag. In any case, if you're taking a lot of photos you probably aren't into the 'spirit' of it and will deserve the soaking.

It's really not worth worrying that much about- if so, you should probably hide in your room all day.