Teaching Jobs

Scott

Every year we get a great deal of people posting job vacancies and people looking for work. Please post them in this thread. Other threads will be closed to keep it in one place.

Poster Kunnatee wrote:

My school (Kunnatee / โรงเรียนกุนนทีรุทธารามวิทยาคม) is looking to hire a foreigner to teach English to students of mathayom level. (It may be any of the 6 levels)

It is a government school situated on Ratchada road, number 199, by the metro station Huay Khwang.

The soi Ratchada 15 is the very entrance of the school.

The following is not an official message from the school but precisions that I add so that no one will waste time:

- This is an announcement for individuals, not agencies.

- You must have a Bachelor Degree.

I'm sorry about that, as a degree in quantum mechanics doesn't make you a good teacher, but the school is not willing to get through the trouble of trying to get another exemption, which may be refused anyway.

- If you show that you have what it takes, previous teaching experience may not be mandatory.

- You must apply because you want to be a teacher, not because you're trying to extend your stay by any means possible.

We're not looking for a white face to parade; we want someone who will do everything he can to help the students progress and who won't disappear in a few months.

It would also be nicer if you made efforts to get integrated rather than see yourself as an outsider.

- If you're a boy, Soi Cowboy residents, just forget about it please.

I like partying as much as anyone else, but partying and sex-tourism disguised as partying as 2 different things.

And we doubt that the later breeds teachers who have respect for their students.

- Unfortunately, you know what Thai schools have in mind when they think about foreign English teachers.

I'm afraid that those whose non-white ethnicity is too obvious don't really have a chance.

- However, many non-native accents are, in my opinion, easier to understand than, let's say, some Australian accents. (Says the French teacher)

So if you pronounce correctly, but with an accent that it easy to understand, it may work.

- If you don't speak some Thai, you should have your own technique to help the students understand you when they have no idea what you are talking about.

Even though as in every school some people will expect you to only use English, I can guarantee that this would be very ineffective as many students don't have even the most basic knowledge of English.

- The semester starts on May 14th for students and on the 1st for teachers.

- If I think of something else I'll try to add it, but as I'm not sure to be able to use the internet often this month, I may not reply in this thread.

Please contact the school directly.

The telephone number of the school is 0-2275-6661-2.

In April, many teachers will be absent. If you have trouble being understood, try to get someone from the English department or Ajan Orawan of room turakan.

More easily, you can call the head of the department of foreign languages, who will receive you nicely and speaks good English:

Ajan Ratapon : 0891069423 (mobile)

Typical 30K baht salary a month? What age is the average teacher there? Any additional pay for persons with Master's Degrees in Education, a valid teaching license from USA, public school teaching experience, and a good work record?

- If you don't speak some Thai, you should have your own technique to help the students understand you when they have no idea what you are talking about.

Even though as in every school some people will expect you to only use English, I can guarantee that this would be very ineffective as many students don't have even the most basic knowledge of English.

It would seem from the comment above that in reality it is not an English language teacher they wish to hire but an interpreter.

- However, many non-native accents are, in my opinion, easier to understand than, let's say, some Australian accents. (Says the French teacher)

So if you pronounce correctly, but with an accent that it easy to understand, it may work.

Again a very negative comment,

Sadly this is the attitude that abounds in many Thai schools hence the disastrous English language levels here in Thailand.

I've been teaching and heading up schools here for some, twenty one years, still the Education Ministry can't , or ( truth be known) don't want to get it right.

Education is a dangerous weapon in the hands of the people.

• Like 1

Those of you who haven't found a job yet, a friend is working for an agency. They have schools all over Bangkok and Nonthaburi. The pay is 30 k and he was promised a bonus if he finds 10 NETs. Will ask for his contact details and post them later. Just saying, don't give up hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably gonna get slaughtered by the " salaries too low brigade" but here goes.

Great school in Buriram province looking for NES to teach pratom.

Starting salary 25000 a month. This is a 12 month contract. All holidays paid for. No deductions for sick, holiday or visa run days. All visa and work permits fees paid by the school. All documents supplied. Possible long term with good annual pay rises.

PM me if interested.

We're seeking two Native English Speaking Teachers to teach grade two and six in upcoming academic year starting middle of May at a school in the heart of Ubon Ratchathani.

Ubon Ratchathani is in the lower north- east, around 600 km away from Bangkok

Female teachers preferred.

Teachers from any European countries with an excellent command in English, plus experience teaching English can also apply.

You should be between 25 and 45 years old and Caucasian.

( Sorry, not wanting to discriminate anybody! )

Your salary will be at least 20,000 baht, depending on education and experience.

As we do not have an EP, please only applicants with teaching experience, preferable in Thailand.

You will have to plan your lessons, must have the knowledge regarding materials what's suitable for our young learners.

Grades and evaluation of our students will also have to be provided by you.

All four strands as speaking, listening, reading and writing have to be taught in two hours/week.

Contact hours approximately 20 per week.

A degree in any field is required, we'll pay a 12 month salary, social security, full healthcare insurance, all documents to get you visa and work permit, free lunch on campus will be provided.

You'll get a free accommodation on campus beginning second term, or October, as one of our colleagues will retire.

Interviews will be held end of this month, or beginning of May. Please page me for any further information.

Cheers- M.

Edited by sirchai

I am a native Englishman looking for work. I'm 40, married with children, have a degree and 9 years teaching experience in Thailand.

Looking for work anywhere in Thailand.

Please PM me if you can help in any way.

Typical 30K baht salary a month? What age is the average teacher there? Any additional pay for persons with Master's Degrees in Education, a valid teaching license from USA, public school teaching experience, and a good work record?

If you had all those things, why on earth would you be searching for a job at a Thai government school, and for 30K at that?

If you had all those things, why on earth would you be searching for a job at a Thai government school, and for 30K at that?

I'd be more interested in finding out about work at an International School in Bangkok. I would hope with my experience, I could do a tad better than a mere 30K baht per month. If anyone hears anything from a real International School in Bangkok, please feel free to drop me a PM.

I'd be more interested in finding out about work at an International School in Bangkok. I would hope with my experience, I could do a tad better than a mere 30K baht per month. If anyone hears anything from a real International School in Bangkok, please feel free to drop me a PM.

Its usually best to contact them....

You won't find jobs at real international schools on here, nor on ajarn.com.

Try here: http://www.tes.co.uk/jobs/

Or look directly at a school's website. Here is a list of international schools in Thailand:

http://www.isat.or.th/index.php?option=com_cbimzsearch&view=cbimzlist&Itemid=133

You won't find jobs at real international schools on here, nor on ajarn.com.

Try here: http://www.tes.co.uk/jobs/

Or look directly at a school's website. Here is a list of international schools in Thailand:

http://www.isat.or.t...list&Itemid=133

Thanks for the resources...I'll have to start digging around...