Pattaya Named Model City For Meetings, Exhibitions

webfact

Looks like petercool and solargolf are the only posters that have actually read this article before responding, shame.

Hahaha. What a reversal. You read (that's past tense, for the record) this. Shame (you do know, I hope, that standards in Thai journalism are like commitments to human rights in Pyongyang...I...nevermind)...Happy Songkran. I hope the Bangkok Post brings you the latest in progressive news. I and the rest will hopefully listen to your credulous but cutely practical little intellectual solutions to your delusions.

Edited by Unkomoncents

It all depends how you understand the MICE system....

Being an hotelier here in Thailand..... IPattaya is the easiest place to sell seminars, meetings and sorts.....

Any organiser know that all "business attendant" can do a DSK in room, pick up the casual during the meeting, etc.....

As they say..... You work hard... You play hard....intheclub.gif

At last, someone else who understands what MICE events are and that Pattaya beats many Asian destinations for such event selling.

These are paid reward holidays combined with a bit of business for top achievers in many categories and in no way can be equated with the typical visitor one might encounter here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meetings,_incentives,_conferencing,_exhibitions

Still dont see how pattaya fits into this catergory, i have been to more other Asian Cities that would be better placed. HongKong, Singapore and Kula Lumper for a start. Still its a Thai promotion to promote a Thai city, bit like miracles thailand, or amzing Thailand. meanwhile Embassies still have travel warnings out, and some even suggesting no travel here at all. Guess every things worth a shot. Maybe it beats rangoon for the time being.

Just to be hoped none of them foul up and book events for the no go days of Songkran.

i wonder if the delegates will get the buddy up system in place like the marines have enforced on them as its not safe for a highly trained US marine to be alone in town.

Since when did any promotional material or publicity give equal time to any downsides - be that a product, a city, a country or anything else ? By it's very nature, promotion accentuates the positives and for MICE organizers, Pattaya has some positives despite the naysayers.

• Like 1

At last, someone else who understands what MICE events are and that Pattaya beats many Asian destinations for such event selling.

These are paid reward holidays combined with a bit of business for top achievers in many categories and in no way can be equated with the typical visitor one might encounter here.

I think even MICEs have its categories like A grade events or D grade ones. For example, I can imagine many categories that would see Pattaya as the ideal destination for their convention, but I cannot imagine say, Goldman Sachs global directors meeting here. It does not matter which end we cater to, but the promoters need to understand which segment/category is a possible target, and not assume that every organisation is happy to associate its brand with Pattaya.

Edited by doggie888888

Something so simple, so basic, so obvious, and yet seemingly impossible for the government of Pattaya to manage. Sickening, really.

They even have the meters - all they need to do is use them. They can't sort this out - they can't get rid of jet ski scammers. There's a long way to go before I would recommend Pattaya as a destination for any but the hardiest of travellers.

lol it is not Afghanistan

Something so simple, so basic, so obvious, and yet seemingly impossible for the government of Pattaya to manage. Sickening, really.

They even have the meters - all they need to do is use them. They can't sort this out - they can't get rid of jet ski scammers. There's a long way to go before I would recommend Pattaya as a destination for any but the hardiest of travellers.

No, it is not, but I still wouldn't invite my mother, brothers or sisters with their families to come here.

Just take away the whores and electricity. Would need a bit more sand though. :rolleyes: