Bangkok Pool Tournaments?

meand

Any good spots out there for pool tournaments? It seems the leagues are pretty strong, but I am just looking for single night tournaments, would like to find a few a week for drinking/playing and having a good time. I enjoy the competition. I like 8 ball or 9 ball.

Thanks for any info.

As well as Hustlers - there's Players a bit further up Sukhumvit in a side soi opposite Asoke BTS .... can be long waits for tables and difficult to break into the cliques of (not too friendly) regulars, but nice tables.

And there's one in Cowboy (next to Country Road) that has a well organised tournaments where the winner stays on .... good mix of UK, US, Japanese and Korean players as well as locals make for friendly international games.

There are also nice tables and good games to be had at SPORTS ACADEMY in the same building as Thermae and the Raumchit Hotel on the 2nd floor...not to be confused with the beer bar with tables on the first floor. Free pool daily 4-6pm

Is SPORTSMAN in Washington Sq. still operating?? Very nice place with great tables and good food. They also have weekday free pool; I think 2-4pm but if I am wrong, somebody correct me.

Keep meaning to drop into Hustlers, just never get around to it! I have used Players quite a lot, but usually in the late afternoon when it is not busy. Standard of play can be quite high, some of the girls will also give you a good game (I DO mean pool!). For me, Players now allows smoking in the place, I would prefer to be without that. Other than that, give it a go.

PM

it's a personal thing of course, but i used to go to players, & think hustlers is infinitely better. the girls who work there are much more pleasant, less pushy, better players, & there is no smoking....but tables outside for those who want to (smoke). went to players the other day just to see if anything had changed for the better, & left after one beer....

• Like 1

So Hustlers is a fairly high standard? Fun group of players or full of tossers? Queues to get on tables when busy?

Might check it out for a game next time I'm in town and up for kicking some butt. biggrin.png

Not sure what your standard is but some of the players in Hustlers and Players are among the top players in Bangkok. They could easily run out the table in 8 and 9 ball from the break more than half the time.

Thanks for the replies.

Any more actual (non-league) tournaments though. It sounds like there is a biweekly one at Hustlers. Any more out there? I guess there just aren't that many?

Thanks.

Fun group of players or full of tossers?

Depends on whether I'm there or not? The Hustler is a quiet place with friendly staff. Mostly guys come to play serious game of pool (although they have one challenge table where winner stays on - I think this table runs only in the evening) with very few unattached girls hanging out in the place. That can be plus or minus of the place, depending on a person's POV.

How come no one mentions The Ball In Hands on Soi 4 (near Rajah hotel)? That used to be my hangout back in '04 and it's still around I think. I haven't returned to Soi 4 yet, on recent trips. What's the latest on this place?

Also, I've heard of Side Pocket which is apparent near Soi 5? Is that still around and any feedback on the place?

Hey Guys/Gals

Opening a New Irish Bar end Of April at <snip> hope to have a pool table there and hope to get a league going?

In future, can you please contact sales here at Thai Visa to give your business a plug, because it is not fair to paying advertisers/sponsors.