Liverpool Declining To Decline Thread?

MrRed

Yeh right believe that because holding that line i know makes you feel good. Like he needs the money!

i stand by every word of that and most will agree with me and you know it.

Wake up and smell the roses, Carmine! How much do you think Hodgson is worth? Do you think he was making career decisions at the age of 63? And why structure the contract that way? Not even Abromavich does that and he is an idiot? And someone in football being motivated by money? No shit shirlock. And what were the chances that a new owner coming into Liverpool would wish to put their own manager in charge? Pretty bloody high dont you think? A near on certainty I would say.

I dont see how you are perfectly prepared to accept the fact that AVB joined Chelsea for the money given Abromavich's reputation for getting rid of managers within 18 months.

At the same time you wont accept that Hodgson didnt join Liverpool for money when he had an airtight 3 year contract and he knew new owners were coming in within 6 months that were almost certain to place their own man in charge.

All I am saying is that he knew what he was doing - he talk on a dirty job and got amply rewarded. You seem think he was naive and stupid, badly abused and is so wealthy the 8m compensation is water off a ducks back. Go figure. And cut out the most people agree with me stuff because it is a little sad.

Abrak your argument based on money is absolute tosh,the exact same could be levelled at King Kenny

Nobody will just go to Liverpool for the money you are or was a great club with a great tradition,your simple assesment based on just money is very sad and totally wrong.In fact it is embarrasing!

• Like 1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeh right believe that because holding that line i know makes you feel good. Like he needs the money!

i stand by every word of that and most will agree with me and you know it.

Wake up and smell the roses, Carmine! How much do you think Hodgson is worth? Do you think he was making career decisions at the age of 63? And why structure the contract that way? Not even Abromavich does that and he is an idiot? And someone in football being motivated by money? No shit shirlock. And what were the chances that a new owner coming into Liverpool would wish to put their own manager in charge? Pretty bloody high dont you think? A near on certainty I would say.

I dont see how you are perfectly prepared to accept the fact that AVB joined Chelsea for the money given Abromavich's reputation for getting rid of managers within 18 months.

At the same time you wont accept that Hodgson didnt join Liverpool for money when he had an airtight 3 year contract and he knew new owners were coming in within 6 months that were almost certain to place their own man in charge.

All I am saying is that he knew what he was doing - he talk on a dirty job and got amply rewarded. You seem think he was naive and stupid, badly abused and is so wealthy the 8m compensation is water off a ducks back. Go figure. And cut out the most people agree with me stuff because it is a little sad.

Abrak your argument based on money is absolute tosh,the exact same could be levelled at King Kenny

Nobody will just go to Liverpool for the money you are or was a great club with a great tradition,your simple assesment based on just money is very sad and totally wrong.In fact it is embarrasing!

Right, and i'm the one that has to wake up and and smell the roses! But then again we'll never understand what it is to be a Liverpool fan. whistling.gifermm.gifbiggrin.png

Loving this thread. Even usually logical Abrak is losing the plot, and some funny slaggings of Roy and why he should be dam_n well GRATEFUL to have been so ignominiously dumped by Liverpool. Hilarious.

But statistically, if WBA finish above Liverpool what will that tell us about 110 million quid wasted and the relative managerial merits of KK who has taken a once-great team to the brink of disaster, and Roy, who went to a crap team and made them great (comparatively speaking, of course), the chief difference being the lack of poison and bile undermining him from within the club and on the terraces.

Loving this thread. Even usually logical Abrak is losing the plot, and some funny slaggings of Roy and why he should be dam_n well GRATEFUL to have been so ignominiously dumped by Liverpool. Hilarious.

But statistically, if WBA finish above Liverpool what will that tell us about 110 million quid wasted and the relative managerial merits of KK who has taken a once-great team to the brink of disaster, and Roy, who went to a crap team and made them great (comparatively speaking, of course), the chief difference being the lack of poison and bile undermining him from within the club and on the terraces.

I think its one of the funniest chapters in recent years. Their defense of their fans actions in their treatment of Woy, defense of Dalglish, the money wasted in the t/f market, employment of the genius and visionary Damien Comolli and Dev's posts...the whole lot absolutely hilarious.

Now they are obsessed with Spurs' current form for some reason. Well guess what dev....yes, were <deleted> at the moment but the scary thing is were still 13 points clear of you. Better off sticking with the self pity you do so well thumbsup.gif

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

I think its one of the funniest chapters in recent years. Their defense of their fans actions in their treatment of Woy, defense of Dalglish, the money wasted in the t/f market, employment of the genius and visionary Damien Comolli and Dev's posts...the whole lot absolutely hilarious.

Now they are obsessed with Spurs' current form for some reason. Well guess what dev....yes, were <deleted> at the moment but the scary thing is were still 13 points clear of you. Better off sticking with the self pity you do so well thumbsup.gif

We have two problems...we lack prolific goalscorers and have a shit manager. Both problems will be addressed in the summer.

Liverpool will trundle on living off the back of KK and his former glories....while the US money will dry up even further....

We have two problems...we lack prolific goalscorers and have a shit manager. Both problems will be addressed in the summer.

Liverpool will trundle on living off the back of KK and his former glories....while the US money will dry up even further....

The owners are more interested in the Red Sox. Eitherway i bet they are thinking it was a mistake to sack Woy. He's done a good job at West Brom, did a great job at Fulham but for some reason his face didn't fit at anfield.

It is hardly surprising that we have noticed that one of the 'top six' (we have to use that term rather loosely these days) has a run of form worse than ours - it is actually quite an achievement.

It seems you lot are obsessed with the fact that there is still one of the top teams - Liverpool - that is still doing quite a lot worse than you lot for the season. We can compare notes about which manager comes up with the best excuses for losing at the weekend if you like.

You forget carmine....its all about moneyball and carthorse's intrinsic value.

Please pay more attention! laugh.png

What about sabermetrics? Thats the way forward isn't it? I'm amazed were still 13 points clear of them since Harrys such an imbecile and can't even spell the word

I read that even SAF doesn't consider Liverpool to be rivals to Man U any more - a team to beat for sure, but no longer rivals for top honours.

How many more seasons do you think Liverpool need to rebuild to be right at the top of the table again, consistently, and challenging for all honours?

It certainly won't be 1 or 2. I'm going for for 5 -10, but there are going to be some heartaches (and maybe relegation dogfights) along the way.

If they were spending like City maybe 1 or 2 years but whilst we have some money to burn now I would never envisage FSG sanctioning spending like City. With FFP on the horizon and still no word on a new stadium I expect it to be a 5 year plan. They need to get a new stadium built ASAP, maximize revenue worldwide and then work their way back into the top 4.

Another home defeat,That's not the Liverpool way is it?

With Kenny in charge it will just be a shrug of the shoulders and a, "yeah, kind of to be expected".

His stats must be starting to break new ground.

Liverpool have reported a loss of almost £50m for the last financial year as a result of failed new stadium costs and payoffs to the former manager Roy Hodgson and other staff.

Despite Fenway Sports Group wiping out debts of £200m with its October 2010 purchase of the club, it had to write off a further £35m associated with the doomed HKS-designed Stanley Park project of the previous owners, Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Hodgson's exit in January 2011, after only 191 days in charge, and the departure of the former managing director Christian Purslow contributed to a further £8.4m relating to contract terminations, accounts filed to Companies House show.

Ian Ayre, the current managing director, insists the accounts, without that "extraordinary" expenditure, are in good shape. He said: "I guess people will focus on the loss of £49.4m and there's no business – or people running any business – who are going to be pleased with any loss," he told the Liverpool Echo. "But I think the important indicator here is this £59m charge for exceptional items and as a business that's been in a transition, it's about moving from where we were to where we want to be.

"We have written off a huge amount on the stadium project. A big chunk of that £50m loss relates to the HKS project – which is now defunct – and associated costs around that."

Following their takeover in 2007, Hicks decided to abandon established plans for a new ground in Stanley Park and engaged Dallas-based architects HKS, who came up with an ambitious glass and steel design. Soon after taking over FSG scrapped that project, but there were still residual costs associated with legal, planning and design fees, which needed to be settled and resulted in a huge deficit.

"With new ownership that was kind of milling around within the club's accounts and there was a very definite need to move that out," Ayre said. "It is a huge loss but that goes with a lot of other things that nobody was really happy with in that period. So rather than dwell on it, we've very smartly made the decision to remove it from the club's accounts.

"It is a big write-off but it means that it's gone for ever now and we can move forward now without that around our neck. It also means that we are in pretty good shape in being a sustainable business. It's a positive step forward."

Ayre said the amount of money spent on contract terminations was less unusual, although dispensing with Hodgson after six months in charge was out of the ordinary for Liverpool, who have a history of sticking with managers for much longer.

"It's nothing untypical of anything in football. Contracts are typically fixed term," Ayre said of the payoffs. "When you make a decision to terminate somebody, the right and proper thing to do is honour the payout of that contract. This relates to Roy and to some of his backroom staff, and also to Christian Purslow leaving. It's standard across football.

"It's unfortunate to have to have them – nobody wants to see anybody go – but in certain circumstances it's right to make a change and that's what that relates to."

On the accounts as a whole, Ayre said they were in better shape for the long term as a result of the action taken by the owners. The figures do not include the kit deal signed with the American company Warrior Sports, which is worth at least £25m a year.

"If we had not written off these extraordinary costs, we would have been looking at breaking even," Ayre said. "We have reduced interest charges from £18m to about £3m. That puts us in a much stronger position to utilise our revenues more effectively on the team.

"These figures in many ways represent the commitment of the owners in paying down the acquisition debts and in other areas. What is reflected in these accounts was going on around the time they actually came into the club. It's not where we are today. It's a year on, so it was a big commitment at an early stage.

"The owners have continued to make changes and commitments. They have made some great investment at the start; they cleaned up a lot of what was a problem at Liverpool and they have invested in both the team on and off the pitch. They continue to do that and look at what's right – and what works and what doesn't work."

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Josephine on this one. Racism has no part in life, never mind in football. I honestly believe that in time, Liverpool will regret allowing Dalglish to attempt to create a siege mentality in his squad by backing Suarez, when it was obvious that he was both guilty and indefensible. Platitudes that were used at the time, that it was normal in Suarez' home country to use such language were frankly ridiculous.

As a club, Liverpool have been seen to support a racist, which must harm their future revenues worldwide. They would have been better off condemning Suarez, and moving him on as soon as they could.

The huge amount of the new owners' money that Dalglish has spent has been largely wasted, and in most cases would result in huge financial losses if the players he has bought were to move on to other clubs, with the possible exception of Suarez, who remains a talented footballer, but who has further sullied his reputation with his constant diving and attempting to cheat both referees and opposition teams. The blame for the players failure, must be laid at Dalglish's door, players such as Adam, Downing, and Carroll, were far more effective players at their previous clubs, while the fee paid for Henderson was ridiculously high for a player who didn't even stand out in a mediocre Sunderland side.

Dalglish had been out of the game for too long when he was appointed, as his record this season has proved. I can't see any improvement in the near future, certainly not with him in charge, and while it's impossible to predict the club's mid to long term future, I think their best days are behind them.

• Like 1

You're all wrong! Kenny's steadied the shipgiggle.gif and they are a great team waiting to happen. They could have been top of the league if they had won all the games that they actually didn't winblink.png Apparently even when Suarez practically carries the ball into the net its a clear goal with no reason to be disallowed. rolleyes.gif And their behaviour in undermining their own team when Woy was manager draws no comparison whatsoever to Blackburn supporters treatment of Kean. ermm.gifwhistling.gif

We will never understand them because they are different. How true!

Back to you Dev laugh.png

• Like 1

You're all wrong! Kenny's steadied the shipgiggle.gif and they are a great team waiting to happen. They could have been top of the league if they had won all the games that they actually didn't winblink.png Apparently even when Suarez practically carries the ball into the net its a clear goal with no reason to be disallowed. rolleyes.gif And their behaviour in undermining their own team when Woy was manager draws no comparison whatsoever to Blackburn supporters treatment of Kean. ermm.gifwhistling.gif

We will never understand them because they are different. How true!

Back to you Dev laugh.png

FINALLY - someone articulates the Liverpool Way!

That was some defeat by Swansea yesterday. I can see panic take hold next season.

• Like 1

lol yeah.

On a more serious note though, I think their fans are going to need some serious reality checks soon. As it stands now the 'big 4' are now utd, city, arsenal and chelsea, yes I still count chelsea as a top 4 team regardless of where they finished in this one slip up year. After that you have spurs in the pecking order and the new dark horse team newcastle, bar some miracle of a massive team and management overhaul in the summer and all new players instantly clicking together plus current ones having a sudden change in form I cannot see Liverpool coming anywhere near those above teams. If they are lucky they will be challenging for 6th place at best and even then I think they are going to have to rely on a team such as spurs or newcastle to screw up and have a loss of form.

This season has been an utter shambles for them and if any other manager apart from 'king' kenny had been in charge he would have been strung up by now. The fans treatment of Hodgson was disgusting in the last season and their form this year shows that he wasnt to blame and that the team is a mess, I will love it if he has a good run with in England this summer as it will shut them all right up. Some of their fans think winning the league cup is some kind of achievement, wake up guys it aint, most of the 'big' clubs put out their reserve or youth team from the very start, they barely even won it anyway just scraping it on penalties.....against Cardiff!!

I need to point out that I am a neutral fan whose team is not even in the PL and I dont like seeing LFC like this, I dont think its good for football and especially English football as so many of their poor and average players are English but Liverpool need to have a long, LONG hard think about where they are now and what they can realistically achieve in the next few years and also they need to drop some of the messiah s**t and going on about their history etc....

• Like 1

lol yeah.

On a more serious note though, I think their fans are going to need some serious reality checks soon. As it stands now the 'big 4' are now utd, city, arsenal and chelsea, yes I still count chelsea as a top 4 team regardless of where they finished in this one slip up year. After that you have spurs in the pecking order and the new dark horse team newcastle, bar some miracle of a massive team and management overhaul in the summer and all new players instantly clicking together plus current ones having a sudden change in form I cannot see Liverpool coming anywhere near those above teams. If they are lucky they will be challenging for 6th place at best and even then I think they are going to have to rely on a team such as spurs or newcastle to screw up and have a loss of form.

This season has been an utter shambles for them and if any other manager apart from 'king' kenny had been in charge he would have been strung up by now. The fans treatment of Hodgson was disgusting in the last season and their form this year shows that he wasnt to blame and that the team is a mess, I will love it if he has a good run with in England this summer as it will shut them all right up. Some of their fans think winning the league cup is some kind of achievement, wake up guys it aint, most of the 'big' clubs put out their reserve or youth team from the very start, they barely even won it anyway just scraping it on penalties.....against Cardiff!!

I need to point out that I am a neutral fan whose team is not even in the PL and I dont like seeing LFC like this, I dont think its good for football and especially English football as so many of their poor and average players are English but Liverpool need to have a long, LONG hard think about where they are now and what they can realistically achieve in the next few years and also they need to drop some of the messiah s**t and going on about their history etc....

An excellent post.

I just hope and pray they rally around Krap Kenny and don't bin him in the summer. He's the best manager Everton ever had.....w00t.gif

Serves them right for their disgraceful actions of sticking with and supporting a commodity that is a convicted racist..

I actually wanted Chelsea to win the Cup Final, and that's saying something.

Racism SUCKS !!!

Oh look Alf Garnett in women's clothes is back...

Demba Ba ... need I remind you of that sorry episode by his own fans??

"Bastion of Invincibility" Liverpool Football Club.