Bars Closing?

BB1950

I heard something last night about the bars will be forced to closed next week for 3 days in memory of the late princess. Anyone know what days they will be closing or have any information?

Edited by BB1950

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can still drink at home etc.

It's called "respect" however I wouldn't worry too much as noone will give any trouble for farangs drinking on those days I'm sure however I would try to keep it low profile just out of respect..

It's called "respect" however I wouldn't worry too much as noone will give any trouble for farangs drinking on those days I'm sure however I would try to keep it low profile just out of respect..

I am not so sure about not getting into trouble... as you said, it is respect towards the Royal Familiy... and you know which laws you violate if you fail to show respect towards the Royal Family... so if I would be in Thailand during said days, I would keep my alcohol consumption strictly within my own four walls...

I am not so sure about not getting into trouble... as you said, it is respect towards the Royal Familiy... and you know which laws you violate if you fail to show respect towards the Royal Family... so if I would be in Thailand during said days, I would keep my alcohol consumption strictly within my own four walls...

That is exactly what I mean. Also a reminder that they are asking that people wear black on these days.

Many of the tourists that will be here won't care about this what so ever and thats fine of course but for us who live here it's always nice to show some respect for the Monarchy and family.

What I really meant was that if the police etc. saw a few farangs gathered at there local bench outside of their local spot like you see at many mini marts etc on the dark side that they would not bother you much and they see most farangs as tourists and don't expect tourists to know or understand what is going on. However if they see people screeming and shouting walking down beach rd. with beers in their hands they might face some sort of a warning etc.

I can confirm the clousure days will be 8th,9th and 10th, we had the letter/Notice from the police for my bar last night confirming these dates, all other bars have had simular.

JOHN

Thanks for the information! thumbsup.gif

That is exactly what I mean. Also a reminder that they are asking that people wear black on these days.

Many of the tourists that will be here won't care about this what so ever and thats fine of course but for us who live here it's always nice to show some respect for the Monarchy and family.

What I really meant was that if the police etc. saw a few farangs gathered at there local bench outside of their local spot like you see at many mini marts etc on the dark side that they would not bother you much and they see most farangs as tourists and don't expect tourists to know or understand what is going on. However if they see people screeming and shouting walking down beach rd. with beers in their hands they might face some sort of a warning etc.

Well if you're wearing black on those days and drinking beer in the Darkside at night time they definitely won't see you... lol

I can confirm the clousure days will be 8th,9th and 10th, we had the letter/Notice from the police for my bar last night confirming these dates, all other bars have had simular.

JOHN

Thanks for the information.

Do you think this is going to be a total closure of all entertainment venues and bars, or will they're be some places open selling soft drinks and other beverages (perhaps in disguise sleep.png ) ?

JOHN

Do you think this is going to be a total closure of all entertainment venues and bars, or will they're be some places open selling soft drinks and other beverages (perhaps in disguise sleep.png ) ?

It seems like a complete clousure, but I am sure some bars will try and open selling soft drinks with no entertainment, and maybe the evening of the 10th some bars may open late.

JOHN

JOHN

It seems like a complete clousure, but I am sure some bars will try and open selling soft drinks with no entertainment, and maybe the evening of the 10th some bars may open late.

JOHN

Thanks for the info John. I take it this applies from midnight Saturday and reopen Tuesday at midnight??

JOHN

not the bars in walking street.they only close one day

The bar beers at Rompho Market in Jomtien have been told by the police that they can open and serve booze, but no music or partying is allowed. I've heard that similar letters have been received by bar beers in town. It probably means that the Gogo Bars and discos will have to close for the full three days, I guess.

JOHN

I think most gogos and bars that need music will be shut for 3 days.

My bar is closed for 3 nights.

:(

JOHN

I think most gogos and bars that need music will be shut for 3 days.

My bar is closed for 3 nights.

sad.png

yes guess your right john.The places in walking street i know(bars)can open but not play music.

So i cant see a go go bar being open

Anyone who lives here and cant last 3 days without a alcoholic drink has deep problems

yes guess your right john.The places in walking street i know(bars)can open but not play music.

So i cant see a go go bar being open

Seems you are well informed where it will be possible to have alcoholic drinks during the mourning days.

Almost looks like you don't last 3 days without an alcoholic drink.

Would it be possible to get a link pinned with the closing dates of bars each month..?

The kind bar owners could give us a head's up.

This would be great to know and plan for the closing date and stock up before hand

I've always wondered why the bars don't post it up to let their customers know

or the local goverment post it about.

Then again TIT coffee1.gif

While it is announced quite early when bars are likely to be closed for a Buddhist holiday or a National special event like this one, the actual official note from municipality and/or police is awaited on the off-chance that a local ruling might be different. Sometimes that official note is delivered very close to the actual date and any advance notice to customers is then also going to be late.

• Like 1

While it is announced quite early when bars are likely to be closed for a Buddhist holiday or a National special event like this one, the actual official note from municipality and/or police is awaited on the off-chance that a local ruling might be different. Sometimes that official note is delivered very close to the actual date and any advance notice to customers is then also going to be late.why

Thanks for explaining this so well Peter I never fully understood why the informaion seems to come out of the bule sometimes.

Make life intresting for the bar owners and us drinkers that's for sure.

I know in Bali their New Years Day you are confined to the hotel grounds and they remove the TV's from your room and give you candles. Your not allowed to venture out into the streets, but that's only one day a year.

Edited by Wanphen

A number of inflammatory posts counter flames and quoted replies have been removed. Sorry to the guys that posted proper replies to inflammatory quoted posts