Which Search Engine Do You Use?

KRS1

Which Search Engine Do You Prefer  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which search engine do you normally use? I usually use Google but am starting to find interest in Bing and i believe they have a 30 ish % share of the search market now. They're also giving incentives to use Bing now for points. If your a web developer its ridiculously easy to rank on Bing right now with an <li><a href> list directly beneath the header, although conversion may be another story - but who uses it?

Edited by KRS1

not a developer per se, but have a few sites please explain the <li><a href> list

re the topic, i still use google, the results just seem to be better quality and more relavent

listed links (link bars/menus)

my sites are placing about the same as Bing with duckduckgo...thanks for the tip, never heard of this one.

I only use Firefox, which does the job for me, but then I hate change...

Does Firefox have it's own search engine service? Thought Firefox was just a browser and like other browsers you set it to use one of the search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.

Well looks like Google is leading the pack as expected, but didnt expect such a low showing for the others so far.

I'd like to thank all those that participated in the poll.

my sites are placing about the same as Bing with duckduckgo...thanks for the tip, never heard of this one.

I only use Firefox, which does the job for me, but then I hate change...

Does Firefox have it's own search engine service? Thought Firefox was just a browser and like other browsers you set it to use one of the search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.

As I sent that I did feel a bit of a plonker...I think you are right.

If your a web developer its ridiculously easy to rank on Bing right now with an <li><a href> list directly beneath the header

If I had any doubts about using Bing over Google, the statement above would certainly take care of that. If the results are that easily manipulated I don't think I'd be interested in changing. Anyway, I guess you could call me a bit of a Google Fanboy as I use practically all their services, warts and all... :)

If your a web developer its ridiculously easy to rank on Bing right now with an <li><a href> list directly beneath the header

If I had any doubts about using Bing over Google, the statement above would certainly take care of that. If the results are that easily manipulated I don't think I'd be interested in changing. Anyway, I guess you could call me a bit of a Google Fanboy as I use practically all their services, warts and all... smile.png

Well it requires cracking the code of relevency also...but that can be done within 4 days, im sure you know what im talking about.;)

Google here, not a fanboy but by force of market trends.

If I had any doubts about using Bing over Google, the statement above would certainly take care of that. If the results are that easily manipulated I don't think I'd be interested in changing. Anyway, I guess you could call me a bit of a Google Fanboy as I use practically all their services, warts and all...

google does have some great support and recipricating services. like when i do a search and i come across a thai page, it will have a "translate this page". if i search for a restaurant, it will usually bring up its location on a mini google maps. if i search "time in new york", it would actually show the current time (zone) in new york right in the results. same is true for money conversions or measurement units or other common quick conversions.

google has been very progressive in anticipating users needs and putting pertinent information right at your fingertips without additional clicks. they scaled their interface for most of their integrated services considerably but leave a small footprint. a one negative is that they will censor certain material if it is in violation of digital rights act. and of couse free services are not truly free. there is a big privacy issue with how easily they can track/collect your search data.

you just dont think about microsoft when you want a search engine or map out directions, just like i dont think about google when i want to upgrade an operating system or type a document locally.

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from TV android app.

you just dont think about microsoft when you want a search engine or map out directions, just like i dont think about google when i want to upgrade an operating system or type a document locally

I do, actually, use Google Docs for my "office" needs - mostly simple documents or spreadsheets. Of course Google Docs have far fewer features than MS Office but I've never missed any, and it's very convenient to be able to use any Internet connected PC to view or update my documents whenever I need them.