Job Options For Americans In Thailand (Bangkok, Korat, Ect?)

Just pop over here and within a a fortnight you will be gainfully employed at a government school or language school. You will need a degree if you want to work at ISB, St. Andrews, Harrows etc.

You do not even need a degree to get the work permit. I know one farang working at a well known Thai uni teaching business that was an electrician in the Uk and never set foot at a uni until his employment here in Thailand. He even has a work permit. I knew another fellow that was a seasonal fruit picker in OZ that did not graduate high school. He was working at a school and was the favorite of the students, parents teachers and head master.They hated this one loud American and another stuffy old British gent. They loved this pony tailed sporting hippie (former apple picker) because he made the class fun and the kids enjoyed learning.

One DOES need a degree from a university or college if one wants to work here legally (i.e. with a work permit). Your friends either 1) bought their degrees down on Khaosan Road or 2) told you a load of crock. Either way, yes the OP needs a degree if he wants to get a work permit and work here teaching English.

One does not need a degree to be issued a WP from the department of labour