Isaan Party (Wedding)

Hephaistos73

Hello Forum,

I apologogize in advance for all spelling mistakes and abuse of grammar. I ain’t an english native tongue, so please ignore mistakes.

I seek advice for an Isaan (Wedding) party.

In order to prevent false assumptions and for channeled advice i will start with a few background info:

Situation:

I am already married with a Thai woman and we have 2 outstanding cute kids. I am 38 years of age and the wife is 28 years old.

We live in Germany already and would like to have wedding party, event in her Baan (Isaan).

There will be no real Sinsod to be paid and no other expenses such as gold are required (might be set up for show) but will be complete returned. It is more about Baan party than anything else.

Party (wedding ) plan:

Total Damage: 500,000 Baht – 700,000 Baht with a 150,000 Baht buffer (850,000 Baht max.) available (drinks, band, food, security, tables etc.) NO SINSOD, GOLD included as it isnt’ required.

Guest: 300 (plus 150 for the usual unexpected show-ups)

As this is quite a fortune in Isaan the party will get quite big, not to use the word huge.

• Who know a good live band with coyote’s dancers etc? Budget for band, dancers, stage?
    Planned spending: 80,000 – 100,000 Baht
  • The next bigger city will provide security in form of police. Where and how i can engage Thai Army do have them as well on board to contain the expected fighting?
  • Who does know a wholesaler for drinks (Beer draughft, Whiskey, Soft-Drinks, Soda etc.)? What are the prices if purchased from a wholesaler e.g. 400 bottles Blend Whiskey, 600 Litre Beer (Chang or Leo)?
  • Who can i engage for food e.g. cow, pig, planned 6 cows, 10 pigs, reasonable amount of chicken and fish, vegetables etc.?

The whole thing will require a lot of logistics, planning. So if there is anybody who has experience with such a party, event i do really appreciate feedback.

I do have the money already beside and to make it clear it is more about a party for the Baan, with all the excitemen t, crazyness etc..

Thank you in advance for all your answers, advice and comments.

Edited by Hephaistos73

What are the prices if purchased from a wholesaler e.g. 400 bottles Blend Whiskey, 600 Litre Beer (Chang or Leo)?

I guess you made a mistake with the number of estimated guests,with that amount of booze you can serve 3000 people instead of 300.

What are the prices if purchased from a wholesaler e.g. 400 bottles Blend Whiskey, 600 Litre Beer (Chang or Leo)?

I guess you made a mistake with the number of estimated guests,with that amount of booze you can serve 3000 people instead of 300.

Agree, who did the costing ?

Hello Pipo1000,

you might be right. The last event, party i had there served around 40 bottle of blend whiskey (1litre) and the party stopped at 03:00 in the morning. I didn't care about who was invited and not, so served everybody who showed up. Made as well bags for the kids in the baan (toys small, candy, milk etc) around 60 plus 6,000 baht donation for the local school.

As said, i don't mind to spend the money, sanook.

What is your opinion about the amount of bottles for 400 guests?

Nobody really made the costs yet transam.

This post is made to get feedback on exactly that.

Again, i am married already and no mother, sick buffalo, family has to be supported.

This is more about a huge party where the Thai wedding is an add-on.

The budget can be completely "wasted".

Nobody really made the costs yet transam.

This post is made to get feedback on exactly that.

Again, i am married already and no mother, sick buffalo, family has to be supported.

This is more about a huge party where the Thai wedding is an add-on.

The budget can be completely "wasted".

Hmmm, will l get an invite then. drunk.gif

Ok,

just a few details more.

When we departed to Germany we made a farewell party in the Baan.

My wife organized the band (10,000 Baht) which showed up with an unexpected huge stage and 3 coyote's for this price. There have been huge speakers left and right to the stage, Light-show.

In the evening we wnt up the stage and after a speech from the local school principal and puja baan we donated 5,000 Baht to the local school.

They returned the "favor" with thai traditional dancing and music from the local school band.

In the evening there where small shops set-up (they just came without order) left and right side to the party area to server guests which weren't invited.

The following stuff has been bought for this event:

20 Kilo Bplaa (fish)

35 Kilo Pig

40 Bottle Blend whiskey

6 Boxes Thai lao

15 Boxes LEO Beer

60 Give-away bags for the kids

The party was great and we had a lot of fun.

The small shops which showed up had problems to sell their stuff as a lot of people where served from what was there. Did not bother me as they showed up without request.

I have done a party like this most years. Sounds like you are paying farang prices not local Thai prices. your budget seems way way high

Wedding party with overly loud distorted music, coyote dancers, (good for your kids to watch and see as a possible future job choice) Police to help control the fights,

wonderful, doesn't sound like anything I would like to go to but the town will sure remember it

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone elighten me as to what a coyote dancer is.

I'm hoping ti's kind of like a gogo dance or stripper.

There is the distincty possibility, I may be going down this route at some point, but to a lesser extent.

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone elighten me as to what a coyote dancer is.

I'm hoping ti's kind of like a gogo dance or stripper.

There is the distincty possibility, I may be going down this route at some point, but to a lesser extent.

Search fx. Google for: coyote dance thailand

At parties with stage+band+vocalists - as you see them at weddings or local markets - there will often be 4 to 6 girls dancing, some times, or later in the evening, sexy dance in hot pants and tank drops. You may see semilar in Thai music videos on TV and at Thai pop live-concerts.

Coyote dancers normally refers to the girls dancing on top of cars, equipped with huge sound systems.

Ok, if have money to waste, lucky you. I think is pretty unuseful seek for advice here. People from the village can surely address you about where buy food, booze, etc. as every two weeks in every village in isaan there's a wedding/funeral celebration. I did a much smaller party when married at the village, can I give you some prices, relatives to surin area. One whole adult pig was about 4500 baht. 1 cow 6500. I think that with 200k baht you can arrange a really amazing show and party, with the half of the budget too! A big stage with band singers and coyotes I think is around 20000 baht. Police and stalls will come without paying them. Tables chairs etc normally are borrowed to the temple, is nice to give some tip to them. Tents, sound system for the setup I don't remember but around 10.000. Local guys to help the setup and guard the place in the night: make them drunk and will be happy. For the overbudget could I send you my bank coordinates wink.png

Have fun, I guess it will be epic

PS: I think is not nice to buy ready to cook meat, the village people love to gather all together and do themselves, butcher, cut, cook and drink for a couple of nights before. That's the most funny for them, and a true tribal ritual! I did myself couple of times, and is where you may most feel the magic unity of the village

• Like 1

Hello, i was in Chumpae today and know it well,, congractulations on your wedding, can i come is the first thing that comes to my mind, everyone loves a party but thinking about it now, i don't really want to go, i was married 6 months ago in Issan,, near Akat Amnoi, (Sakon Nakhon) area, about 200 people, the cow, the alcohol, the dancers, i actually stopped the party about mid afternoon, it started in the morning but the fun part started about 11 am and i stopped it about 4 pm, when there's a party, Thai people go for the A-L-C-O-H-O-L and by mid afternoon there were young people turning up on the back of pick up's and joining the party, many parked outside the house and got into it,, without going into small detail, your 300 guest party will swell into maybe 500 or more (this is Thailand) you should really think about how to control the crowd, alcohol + young people = fights, this is your biggest issue, machetes, guns you name it they will use it, be careful my friend and you said 500 000 Baht for the wedding,, our wedding had about 150 or so (as people come and so) and cost under 60 000 baht, we had everything and lots of dancing girls, spending a lot of money doesn't guarantee a good party, just a lot of whiskey that causes all the problems,, enjoy your wedding and good luck.

Ok, if have money to waste, lucky you. I think is pretty unuseful seek for advice here. People from the village can surely address you about where buy food, booze, etc. as every two weeks in every village in isaan there's a wedding/funeral celebration. I did a much smaller party when married at the village, can I give you some prices, relatives to surin area. One whole adult pig was about 4500 baht. 1 cow 6500. I think that with 200k baht you can arrange a really amazing show and party, with the half of the budget too! A big stage with band singers and coyotes I think is around 20000 baht. Police and stalls will come without paying them. Tables chairs etc normally are borrowed to the temple, is nice to give some tip to them. Tents, sound system for the setup I don't remember but around 10.000. Local guys to help the setup and guard the place in the night: make them drunk and will be happy. For the overbudget could I send you my bank coordinates wink.png

Have fun, I guess it will be epic

PS: I think is not nice to buy ready to cook meat, the village people love to gather all together and do themselves, butcher, cut, cook and drink for a couple of nights before. That's the most funny for them, and a true tribal ritual! I did myself couple of times, and is where you may most feel the magic unity of the village

100% correct, this was the exact budget i spent for our wedding except mama got the cow from a friend for 3000 baht and the singers / band for 10000 Baht because someone knew someone, no one really buys ready cooked food, it's a wedding the whole village come together and do the cooking, eating, dancing, washing up, cleaning (i love it here).

Hello, i was in Chumpae today and know it well,, congractulations on your wedding, can i come is the first thing that comes to my mind, everyone loves a party but thinking about it now, i don't really want to go, i was married 6 months ago in Issan,, near Akat Amnoi, (Sakon Nakhon) area, about 200 people, the cow, the alcohol, the dancers, i actually stopped the party about mid afternoon, it started in the morning but the fun part started about 11 am and i stopped it about 4 pm, when there's a party, Thai people go for the A-L-C-O-H-O-L and by mid afternoon there were young people turning up on the back of pick up's and joining the party, many parked outside the house and got into it,, without going into small detail, your 300 guest party will swell into maybe 500 or more (this is Thailand) you should really think about how to control the crowd, alcohol + young people = fights, this is your biggest issue, machetes, guns you name it they will use it, be careful my friend and you said 500 000 Baht for the wedding,, our wedding had about 150 or so (as people come and so) and cost under 60 000 baht, we had everything and lots of dancing girls, spending a lot of money doesn't guarantee a good party, just a lot of whiskey that causes all the problems,, enjoy your wedding and good luck.

Think your over ''cooking'' it a bit. coffee1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at B45K with B5K in my pocket to dole out for emergencies. Family affair.

That's it. I am not paying for food and drink for people I do not know, nor will ever see again so that it pleases the MIL or she has some temporary face from people she sees 1x a year. BS.

MIL keeps the envelopes.

Mido watch for pop

Envelopes for mom

B5K as a gift