Retirementvisa In Pattay But Bankaccount In Phuketbank?

I live in Phuket and have my bankaccounts here.Will move to pattaya and maby applie for retirementvisa there.Do they accept bankbooks from any were in Thailand or have to be in that City were you appllie?Of course I will have adress and what ever in Pattay,but account is in Phuket bank.Any one have experiens?

Should not be a problem, just explain that you can't season the money for the extension if you move it now to Pattaya.

After you get your extension, move your account to pattaya, as there is a fee for withdrawing money in another province.

My Bank account has been in Mae Jo Chiang Mai for years (SCB) and I just got my retirement visa here in Pattaya no problems. Any branch will give you the print out you need for 300 baht (or less in some cases)

Assuming you are using a bank account for qualification purposes (either the full 800K or for the combo method) you should make sure the bank you are using will issue the needed letter for immigration from a Pattaya branch. It may vary bank to bank. For example if you have a K-bank account, visit a Pattaya K-bank branch with your Phuket bankbook and ask them if they can issue the needed immigration letter directly. If not, find out whether your only option is to go back to Phuket. Not meaning to make paranoia but knowing the situation in advance could be useful.

Another idea is to name the bank you are using and maybe someone in Pattaya can tell you. If you need multiple letters from multiple banks, you could name them all.

Edited by Jingthing

Hi thanks all, yes Im want to be ready for all haha,I have Karsikorn,For this thing but have BKK bank and Siam commerciell if need.ok sounds like no problem.Thanks

I suggest you stop by a large Kasikorn Bank branch in Pattaya and specifically ASK them if they can issue you a letter for immigration on the spot, or not. I don't see that you really learned that from this thread as yet. Not all banks have the same policies. Edited by Jingthing

Hi thanks all, yes Im want to be ready for all haha,I have Karsikorn,For this thing but have BKK bank and Siam commerciell if need.ok sounds like no problem.Thanks

I suggest you stop by a large Kasikorn Bank branch in Pattaya and specifically ASK them if they can issue you a letter for immigration on the spot, or not. I don't see that you really learned that from this thread as yet. Not all banks have the same policies.

yes thats a god idea,Thanks

Just one question (maybe Jingthing can answer) - what letter do I ask for? I am doing the one year extension on Tuesday, so will go to my Chumphon K-bank first thing for 'theletter' before cycling a further 5 km to Tesco, as Immigration comes there once a month (and I am too lazy to cycle to Ranong).

Went to K-bank yesterday, pleasant staff member confirmed that Monday is holiday. Not sure she understood much about me asking for a letter for Immigration (in more atrocious Thai language).

Cheers, AA

Good question. At my bank they have so many of us retirees that all I have ever had to do is plop down and grunt: LETTER.

You are asking for a letter from immigration which confirms your bank balance. Often people call it the immigration letter or letter for immigration. I would ask for the manager in your case. Hopefully someone else can give you some better description in Thai as it sounds like you might need it.