New Regulations In Working Gils Industry.

Shurup

I don't recall seeing it here in the news section, maybe I missed it... On the other hand I'm not sure if it's truth or an April's Fool's joke seeing as when it was posted.

Here are some quotes:

The first regulation is the Foreign Service Worker's Card. The card will be required by all female staff working in gogo bars, beer bars and any other bars deemed to employ women who may leave the bar and go elsewhere in the company of a foreign man.

Bars will only be able to hire staff with a Foreign Service Worker's Card.

Those applying for the card must be a Thai citizen, must be aged over 18 years, must have a clean criminal record, must undergo a health check and must work for a bar with licensed premises. Foreign Service Worker cards will be issued with a validity of 3 months, and must be renewed every 3 months.

The second new regulation which, will also be put in place early in second half of the year, requires hotels to register sex workers accompanying a foreign customer to his hotel. The hotel must register her, meaning she must have a Foreign Service worker's Card. What is interesting is that the hotel is required to include her details, alongside those of the customer when it completes its daily visitor report to Immigration.

link: http://www.stickmanbangkok.com/StickmanWeeklyColumn2012/Naughty-Boys-Hell.htm

While I see some positives, there are more negatives in the changes that coming, which may affect not only working girls + farang "couples" but regular people as well (will my GF be accused of being a working girl too when checking in with me?), it's hard to say not knowing all the details of the new regulations.

All in all it seems like an April 1st joke so I don't know how to take it.

P.S. Not sure if we're allowed to post the links to web pages such as stickmanbangkok, if not, mods, feel free to remove the link.

You are 7 days too late with that news........

I know but as I said, I don't recall seing it posted here in the news section. Has it been posted here and I missed it? If it hasn't then it's still a news.

posted April 1st.

Well, he does post something every Sunday and it happened that the last Sun was Apr 1st.

Knowing how Thai cabinet likes coming up with all sorts of retarded laws, I wouldn't be surprised if it's truth.

posted April 1st.

Well, he does post something every Sunday and it happened that the last Sun was Apr 1st.

Knowing how Thai cabinet likes coming up with all sorts of retarded laws, I wouldn't be surprised if it's truth.

Go on, impress us, and refer us to some of these actual retarded laws.

posted April 1st.

Go on, impress us, and refer us to some of these actual retarded laws.

Ohh.... this could shape up to be a really good thread. Stupid Thai laws. Can I go first?

How about, you can't buy alcohol between 2 and 5, unless you buy a whole lot of alcohol so you can really get plastered. So now instead of Somchai drinking a beer all by himself, he coerces 5-10 of his buddies into a drinking binge so they can exceed the 10 liter limit.

Nothing like a little peer pressure to get the old OH functional groups flowing.

Yeah...somebody really thought that one through.