Taxi Meter In Korat

Ayutthaya69

The OP asks a simple question and he receives replies from simpletons. If you can't assist why not at least try to offer some sensible advice. Honestly all the responses were offtopic2.gif maybe it's time for a "mod" to step incoffee1.gif except for CharlieH.

Edited by mijan24

have plenty of meter cabs in Korat.

will be the same price to travel 15km in anywhere else in thailand. The chances off being ripped off by the driver are less due to the few tourists that go to Korat. But the chances are higher that the driver will have little if any english. If you are in Korat, just go to the mall and ask the drivers how much.

One might assume the OP is thinking about trips to Immigration. I believe I remember hearing that a round trip is Bt 500. I'm sure someone can confirm this.

Korat has metered taxis. One resource says, "Korat Taxi Call Center: 044-342255" -- but another resource says that taxis called to a location are fixed price rather than metered.

And this forum has too many idiots and trolls.

The OP asks a simple question and he receives replies from simpletons. If you can't assist why not at least try to offer some sensible advice. Honestly all the responses were offtopic2.gif maybe it's time for a "mod" to step incoffee1.gif except for CharlieH.

If you've made it as far as Korat,you should be able to work it out for yourself.Don't rely on others to do everything for you

Do I win a prize ?

Taxis are economical in Thailand relative to western countries. As of new rates approved in June 2008, the first revision in taxi rates since 1997, the fare starts at 35 baht (approx. $1) and stays there for the first 1 kilometer, and then the rate creeps up slowly at these rates:

5 baht per km for 1+ to 12 km

5.5 baht per km for 12 to 20 km

6 baht per km for 20 to 40 km

8.5 baht per kilometer for 40 to 60 km

Edited by sinbin

Just got back from Korat and used taxi's a couple of times to travel from Walrus Bar near Raya Grande Hotel to Choho home garden near Lake and markets. 115 baht one way , but travel through city traffic if run the metre. If you go the bypass road you have a pre determined cost 120 baht. Cost approx 200 bath to Dan Kwian

Cheers Thommo.