Scam Alert - What To Do?

Nip

What to do? It is none of my business I know but ... Maybe somebody will recognise and warn this young German who I believe was recently holidaying in Phuket and is being scammed by his so called Thai girl friend. Nothing new there of course. Anyway I overheard a telephone conversation between this Isaan woman his girl friend and another Thai woman in the airport in Bangkok last week. I too was flying to Phuket. The man is about 38 years old medium height and slim and works as a chef in Munich from what I could gather. They had been up country and were heading to Phuket. He dotes on this Isaan woman and has bank rolled her with a new car and renovated not just her home but her mothers home too even going as far as to buy new furniture and electrical goods. He sends her 30,000 Baht a month. However she is constantly asking him for money and he as she said stupidly obliges. Only last week she asked him while he was here on holiday for another 200,000 Baht which she said he coughed up because she told him if he could not support her and her family she would have no alternative but to finish with him. But what he also does not know is that he is not the only man in her life. She has a Thai boyfriend who lives very well on the German mans monthly cash transfers. She said to her friend that once she has cleaned him out she will dump him... The first step was to limit his quarterly visits saying it was preferable that they should be saving for the wedding but the truth is she abhors his visits? I can not stand back and say nothing hence this post and the hope that somebody will recognise this man and tip him off. She is at this moment planning another scam I could not hear exactly what her plan was but it had something to do with the sin sot? I hope somebody here recognises this man and puts him straight. But then again why should he believe me?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would you want to get involved? He won;t listen and certainly wont thank you. Her TBF may kill you...

The first rule of Thai Club is mind you own business.

Edited by necronx99

Too many like him to recognize and besides who cares since it is up to him and his fault to fall for this kind of scam. and beside 39 is not young. He isn't some 18 year old been taken for a ride and besides I have seen this done to 60 year olds. Nothing new here and this has been going on since men have been coming here to get girl friends.

Too many like him to recognize and besides who cares since it is up to him and his fault to fall for this kind of scam. and beside 39 is not young. He isn't some 18 year old been taken for a ride and besides I have seen this done to 60 year olds. Nothing new here and this has been going on since men have been coming here to get girl friends.

Indeed. Men are idiots.

It doesn't only happen in Thailand. An Australian man in his sixties, a medical professional, was taken down for a couple of million AUD by an introduction agency.

All men are bastards, so they say, and some men are obviously masochists.

It doesn't only happen in Thailand. An Australian man in his sixties, a medical professional, was taken down for a couple of million AUD by an introduction agency.

But we practice. Maybe next time the German will be lucky. Hope he has checked the under-carriage properly with the one he has now; that could be really embarrassing!

Edit: I have been told there aren't many things worse than a "Carry your bag Sir?" relationship when you're not expecting it.

Just a thought, he could be having a really, really bad day...........coffee1.gif

Edited by chrisinth

Legal theft with the stupid Aussie family laws.

As for the German, as others have said leave it be. He has the choice to give or not too, expensive lesson but

Aye, there goes another idiot thinking 'She LOVES me."

If he is fool enough to give any woman that amount of money that is up to him.

I do suspect a Troll here, though.

30,000 Baht a month. 200,000 Baht for family support. Bought her a car. Renovated homes. Bought electrical goods.

On a Chef's wages? He must be on dam_n good wages as a chef if he can afford all that lot. Has to work out at well over £40,000 in a year.

30000 * 12 months + car 1,000,000 + 200,000 + renovations + electrical goods.

Why would you want to get involved? He won;t listen and certainly wont thank you. Her TBF may kill you...

The first rule of Thai Club is mind you own business.

NO, NO, No.

The first rule of Thai club is, you don't talk about Thai club

The second rule of Thai club is, you don't talk about Thai club

The third rule..................Sorry could resist. giggle.gif

One thing i have learnt in life is, don't get involved with other peoples problems. It is you that gets hurt.

i think this is a disgraceful portrayal of Thai women that too many foreigners subscribe to.

Was he smiling when he handed over his money?

If so how can you say he is not doing so out of the goodness of his heart.

These women are providing a service, keeping men who feel the need to take care of a sweet young thing employed and happy doing just that.

Edited by GuestHouse

Unfortunately, thousands fall into this kind of scam. Some thai ladies seem to have attained perfection in scamming. Somehow, they can easily spot the amateurs in the game.

Anyway, I just don`t understand why he does not suspect anything bizarre. How long would he be happy to keep sending money without seeing where the money goes?

My wife knows a masseuse and she is doing exactly the same with another German guy. She had a contact with an Aussie guy, the German one and a local boyfriend, but she keeps trying to get as many contacts as possible. Luckily, the German fellow had suspected something fishy and buggered off.

And to the OP, it is nice to see there are still good people around. Do not listen to the negative comments here as that is somewhat prevalent in this forum.

When we think about scams in Thailand we often think about the jet-ski rentals, the tuk-tuk drivers, the tailor shops, the fake gem sellers etc. If someone were to suggest that we were being scammed by our little Thai darlings we would be at first confused and then offended. Best not to get involved with this sort of thing. Just some random guy you heard being talked about at a airport. He will learn. Move along.

I've sent an email to Mrs. Merkel, she'll give him the lowdown. rolleyes.gif

did you ever pay tax in Germany?

Mrs. Merkel is taking the other half of that poor guys money.....but doesn't deliver any pleasure.

• Like 2

Mrs. Merkel is taking the other half of that poor guys money.....but doesn't deliver any pleasure.

You don't want pleasure to be delivered by this... woman(?). You surely don't... or do you?

angela_merkel.jpg

giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

• Like 1

Anyway I overheard a telephone conversation between this Isaan woman his girl friend and another Thai woman in the airport

Congratulations to your fluency in the Thai/Isaan language. I'm impressed. smile.png

Yes, that and the amazing amount of detail he managed to glean just casually eavesdropping on complete strangers. It's amazing that TV members will believe absolutely anything negative about Thai women. Well done Mr. Nip...you sly dog.

• Like 1

Legal theft with the stupid Aussie family laws.

As for the German, as others have said leave it be. He has the choice to give or not too, expensive lesson but

Nothing at all to do with Australian family law. This man paid fees to an introduction agency, he was introduced to an apparently very attractive and suitable marriage prospect who then, with the connivance of the agency, proceeded to milk him. As I said, he is a medical professional, and the story was covered in The Sydney Morning Herald, names, photos, the lot.

He went into the arrangement with his eyes open, apparently, and then proceeded to be systematically milked. Maybe the proponents picked up some tips from this forum (the prospective bride was not Asian, incidentally).

• Like 1

Young German being gutted by Isaan Bar Girl

I've heard of BGs throwing their phones at their foreign boyfriends but this brings it to a whole new Predator-style of shit level!

Edited by mca

I've sent an email to Mrs. Merkel, she'll give him the lowdown. rolleyes.gif

Clearly we are talking about two different Mrs. Merkels. Mine is on camfrog and tries her best to please. :rolleyes: