Cardinal Pell Argues Against Gay Marriage

isanbirder

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8446542/cardinal-pell-argues-against-gay-marriage

This may help some people understand why many prefer to talk of civil partnership rather than marriage.

The situation in the US is confused, because the terms have different meanings in different states. For this reason, Jingthing, I give you notice that you may say anything you like on this topic, and I will not answer you!

Marriage is between a woman and a man. Period.

I'm sorry for the homosexuals but marriage between 2 guys or 2 girls is nothing more than a contract.

How about I decided I want to marry my bangkaew bitch ? I admit it would be bigamy as I'm already married.

Give us a break all you homosexuals, you demand everything without offering nothing. What's the next step, hetero will have to keep a low profile coz you're everywhere already trying to impose your view of an ideal society ? With a feather sticked in the ***s. Pathetic.

Live your life as most of the hetero do.

Edited by Cornichon88

Shall we place our bets now?

Don't bother.

So this Cardinal dude is gung ho for same sex civil unions with the same rights as marriage, is he?coffee1.gif

Also, the U.S. gay activists working on this issue aren't the slightest bit confused. The goal is clear. MARRIAGE equality at the federal level, trumping all the 50 state crazy quilted mess. (DUH!)

Does the Catholic church rule over Australia?coffee1.gif

Edited by Jingthing

' "It is a grave injustice to deliberately deprive children of the experience of being loved and raised by their natural mother and father and to prevent them from having a developing and ongoing relationship with their biological siblings," he said. '

What does this actually mean? Who's saying that the children of heterosexual parents are to be deprived of being raised by their parents? If we gays get married are we now expected to raise the children of straight parents?

In the UK if Cameron gets his way at the end of a CIVIL partnership ceremony the Registrar will grant the participants a CIVIL marriage rather than a CIVIL partnership. It's got nothing to do with religion. Nobody will force the churches to conduct same sex marriages although the more progressive churches (viz Quakers, Unitarians, Reform Jews) actually want to. I wish these religious folks would keep their noses out of things that aren't their business.

• Like 2

I'm sorry for the homosexuals but marriage between 2 guys or 2 girls is nothing more than a contract.

How about I decided I want to marry my bangkaew bitch ? I admit it would be bigamy as I'm already married.

Give us a break all you homosexuals, you demand everything without offering nothing. What's the next step, hetero will have to keep a low profile coz you're everywhere already trying to impose your view of an ideal society ? With a feather sticked in the ***s. Pathetic.

Why don't you butt out where you're not welcome?

• Like 1

What an ignorant and hateful person you are !

So, we have to offer what to be able to demand something ?

You deliberately go for the 'exaggeration' method to show your hatred towards gays.

When will you bigots (racists, fascists, fundamentalists and anti-gays) learn some humanity ?!

Jem

• Like 1

Welcome to the list. Making contact is the first step to admitting to yourself what you really like. I know it is difficult, especially if you are already married to a woman. I have many friends who only got interested in homosexuality only at a mature age, others were interested at a young age but due to their upbringing only much later allowed themselves to live the life they really craved.

You might want to contribute to this topic too.

Anybody who is really and truly heterosexual does not feel threatened by gays marrying. Think about it. How does it concern you? :)

• Like 1

A quick reminder of subforum guidelines: this is the gay subforum. Homosexual members of the forum (and their friends) do not need to tolerate or fear harassment or bigotry, or even unfriendly questioning of our values and nature here because it is not permitted, even for argument's sake. A warning has been issued and further misbehaviour will result in loss of posting rights.

I opened this thread mainly for the sake of Australian readers. They have the right to decide what they call equal rights for gays in their country, just as Americans do in theirs, and Brits in ours.

Funny, you said no such thing in the O.P.; in fact, specifically mentioning the U.S. as well as successfully baiting me by name. Agreed, Aussie laws are up to Aussie people. Different countries are at different stages, with different legal systems, with different cultural demographic situations. For Iranians, I would say forget about marriage equality and go for not being murdered. Edited by Jingthing

Little bit more about are esteemed Cardinal Pell. Jews are dumb and Germans suffered more.......

http://www.theage.co...0412-1wwng.html

If you can't fault the message, fault the messenger?

I read several Australian accounts of the Dawkins/Pell debate before posting this thread. Some were pro-Dawkins, some were pro-Pell. None had apparently made up their minds during the debate. Dawkins was clearly jet-lagged, while Pell was, well, just the person who happened to be on the spot at the time. Dawkins has made his name as an anti-Christian debater, while Pell is largely an administrator. Nobody 'won', because they were pointing in different directions.

The underlying question remains, What rights are Australians in general prepared to legislate for gays? Never mind what you call it; this is not a real issue. The extent of gay rights is.

I've held my peace so far (mainly because I wanted to see what JT would do, I admit it).

But as a gay member, I have to say: the day I let a representative of one of the most historically murderous, hypocritical, homophobic, and yes- anti-semitic organisations on Earth decide for ME- as a gay man, as a citizen of any secular country, and for that matter, as a human being or thinking entity- what I should think about the status of my relationships, and what the state should say about them- is the day I need to stab out my eyes, sew my mouth shut, and let the bacteria of the world have my carbohydrates and proteins, because I'd figure that the right to view myself as living person capable of rational thought was expired.

This kind of BS comes perilously close to internalised homophobia and on that basis I'm closing this thread. I wouldn't let straight homophobes argue against gay marriage on the basis of stupid, iron-age tribal hocus pocus by homophobes in skirts, and I'm not about to let gay homophobes do so either.

Thread closed. Let's not see another one like this here anytime soon.

Oh, and in case it needs to be said: This is the GAY SUBFORUM. Members who come here will not, even for the sake of argument, be challenged the typical BS homophobic nonsense- by anyone.

(Oh, and just for the record- personally I think gay marriage is a bad deal (and straight marriage, too)- but not on this basis at all).

• Like 2