Where To Buy Clotted Cream In Hua Hin?

pimmy5

Hi,

As far as I know, its not available in Hua Hin. Definitely none of the supermarkets will have it as I have tried to get it myself and even tried asking them to order it specially.

The only place that I have seen it for sale is in Paragon (Bangkok) inside the Oriental shop on the 1st floor. They sell the small amounts in the same plastic containers they put the jams in for 50 baht per one. My Wife used to work in Oriental Hotel and she once asked the head chef where they buy it from, for the afternoon high tea, ,she was told that they import it from Australia.

Hope this helps,

Is there another name for clotted cream (I don't recall such a thing in the U.S.)? If so what is it and that may get you a different answer from other members.

We were given a container of very thick heavy cream (not sweet like whipped cream, but the same consistency) from Hua Hin Ham, Bacon, and Meat company when we ordered Thanksgiving dinners from there last year. If that is clotted cream, they can make it for you.

Hi,

Is there another name for clotted cream (I don't recall such a thing in the U.S.)? If so what is it and that may get you a different answer from other members.

We were given a container of very thick heavy cream (not sweet like whipped cream, but the same consistency) from Hua Hin Ham, Bacon, and Meat company when we ordered Thanksgiving dinners from there last year. If that is clotted cream, they can make it for you.

No, this is really an English delicacy that is really only known as the name suggests, clotted cream. There are "similar" items available from villa and such, mainly imported from Australia which are the very thick creams but they taste completely different and are white, the clotted cream is actually of a yellowy white color and great on anything :)

That looks like what we got from Hua Hin Ham, Bacon, and Meat company last year. It was made fresh by them and the place is run by an Englishman so it may well be the stuff. It was pale yellow, not white, thick, and not sweet at all.

Hi,

Just as an update, I went in to Hua Hin Ham, Bacon, and Meat company yesterday and he said he did sell the real clotted cream at times as he had a guy here (hua hin) that made it himself. He said that in the high season, it would be available every 10 days or so but right now, as we are in the low season, it wouldnt bee so often, maybe once in 2 months but at least we, who enjoy the real clotted cream know where to get it form now :)

Falcon