Exiled Thaksin Inches Closer To Return To Thailand

george

This so-called rumour of an assassination threat sounds like BS to me. Just something they would have made up to bolster the Red Shirts stuffy importance of their Dear Leader.

They are desperate to make Thaksin seem more hated than he is. To stirr more sentiments to support him. However, like a few posters have already said, support among the people who were fooled into voting for this farce of a cabinet are starting to see what the real deal is.

Pheu Thai really means Pheu Shinawatra.

If there really was a plot to assassinate him, they could have tried, and probably succeeded a long time ago.

However, the people who might go for such drastic measures understand that doing so would seriously backfire.

He would be come a martyr.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he were assassination or dropped down dead of a heart attack tomorrow, I am sure that in the long term it would save lives in this country, as this selfish egotistical maniac cares only for his money and power and will doing anything to aggrandise both.

Let's have a look at your statement in an alternative context shall we?

If some foreign guests were assassination or dropped down dead of a heart attack tomorrow, I am sure that in the long term it would save lives in this country, as these selfish egotistical maniacs care only for theirmoney and power and will doing anything to aggrandise both.

What do you think of the slight change in your statement? Do you think it is appropriate?

He already is.

You can thank the military junta and Mr. Abhisit's Democrat party for that.

They laid the foundation for sympathy and passion many Thais feel for the former Thaksin as he represents the truggle against the military and Democrat party.

• Like 1

His chief aide, Kwanchai Praipana, a radio deejay who commands Thaksin's vast network of northeastern red shirts and led bloody confrontations with the army in 2009 and 2010, insists Thaksin has officially retired.

"If Thaksin returns it won't be as prime minister," he told Reuters on Tuesday, dressed in red bath towel at his radio station in Udon Thani

blink.png is that all he wears at his radio station?

My understanding is that the blog posting leaves out that the man was wearing shorts under his "towel" and that he had a shirt on.You understand that it is traditional to wear a sarong in Thailand, don't you?

Are you new to Thailand and don't understand that a sarong is not a bath towel?

For the literate among us the reference to Thaksin inching closer summons up Yeats' great poem the Second Coming;

Turning and turning in the widening gyre

The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;

Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,

The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere

The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;

Surely the Second Coming is at hand.

The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out

When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi

Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;

A shape with lion body and the head of a man,

A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,

Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it

Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.

The darkness drops again but now I know

That twenty centuries of stony sleep

Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,

And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,

Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

I have often thought of the following lines when considering the Thai political crisis

The best lack all conviction, while the worst

Are full of passionate intensity.

As for the comments on this thread many betray a staggering naivety.Thaksin's return will be in the context of a deal hammered out with the unelected elites parts of which are already in place.The only mysterious element is the extent to which Thaksin's arrogance will upset or delay the deal.Odd really as he is by a huge margin the most popular and charismatic Thai politician so time really is on his side.Perhaps like so many Thais he lacks that vital instinct of enlightened self interest - which sometimes requires a tactical if temporary retreat.

• Like 2

His chief aide, Kwanchai Praipana, a radio deejay who commands Thaksin's vast network of northeastern red shirts and led bloody confrontations with the army in 2009 and 2010, insists Thaksin has officially retired.

"If Thaksin returns it won't be as prime minister," he told Reuters on Tuesday, dressed in red bath towel at his radio station in Udon Thani

My understanding is that the blog posting leaves out that the man was wearing shorts under his "towel" and that he had a shirt on.You understand that it is traditional to wear a sarong in Thailand, don't you?

Apaprently neither you nor the author do.

Nice try, at trying to twist my statement out of context.

Seems a bit manufactured to allow for cancellation of events when Thaksin finds out that only a handful of people turn up, not the tens of thousands he has been told will be in attendance. Thaksin is obviously happy in Dubai, he's putting a bit of weight on I see.

Apaprently neither you nor the author do.

Speaking for myself, I know the difference.

I can't speak for the reporter, although you seem to want to portray that somehow you know more about the situation than the Reuters journalist reporting from Udon Thani does.

Edited by Buchholz

'Death threat' report disrupts Thaksin's Laos arrival

VIENTIANE: -- Ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra was given special protection when he arrived in the capital of Laos yesterday, amid rumours of an assassination threat against him, according to people close to the former leader.

Seems a bit manufactured to allow for cancellation of events when Thaksin finds out that only a handful of people turn up, not the tens of thousands he has been told will be in attendance. Thaksin is obviously happy in Dubai, he's putting a bit of weight on I see.

In the other papers coverage, Thaksin thanked the Lao government for the added security as he states that he has been able to survive four previous assassination attempts through a combination of good luck and wearing a protective amulet.

This so-called rumour of an assassination threat sounds like BS to me. Just something they would have made up to bolster the Red Shirts stuffy importance of their Dear Leader.

They are desperate to make Thaksin seem more hated than he is. To stirr more sentiments to support him. However, like a few posters have already said, support among the people who were fooled into voting for this farce of a cabinet are starting to see what the real deal is.

Pheu Thai really means Pheu Shinawatra.

If there really was a plot to assassinate him, they could have tried, and probably succeeded a long time ago.

However, the people who might go for such drastic measures understand that doing so would seriously backfire.

Trying to stir public sympathy by feigned threats on his life is a tactic he has been using for a long time now, and of course he requires the pretence to continue more than ever, as this is what gives him his sorry excuse for not returning.

The tycoon arrived on his personal jet in the Lao capital Vientiane...

I'm sorry sir the cabin is full, you'll have to climb on top and hold on tight!

Good to see the champion of the poor downtrodden masses and scurge of the amarts leads by example.

• Like 1

This joker seems oblivious to the fact that he is driving a knife straight through this country's heart and in turn has the ability to bring it down on its knees. All because of his ego and cowardice in facing the music. He also has a death wish the way he is currently conducting himself. He would do good to just come back home and take his medicine in the monkey house.

Edited by coma

'Death threat' report disrupts Thaksin's Laos arrival

VIENTIANE: -- Ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra was given special protection when he arrived in the capital of Laos yesterday, amid rumours of an assassination threat against him, according to people close to the former leader.

In the other papers coverage, Thaksin thanked the Lao government for the added security as he states that he has been able to survive four previous assassination attempts through a combination of good luck and wearing a protective amulet.

Everyone's luck runs out sometime; and since when did an Amulet stop a high velocity bullet?

I can't speak for the reporter, although you seem to want to portray that somehow you know more about the situation than the Reuters journalist reporting from Udon Thani does.

<snip>,

Thank you for confirming that Mr. Petty was not in Vientiane,Laos, but instead was in Udon Thani, Thailand..

Edited by soundman
Please refer to each other by online nics, thank-you.

This joker seems oblivious to the fact that he is driving a knife straight through this country's heart and in turn has the ability to bring it down on its knees. All because of his ego and cowardice in facing the music. He also has a death wish the way he is currently conducting himself. He would do good to just come back home and take his medicine in the monkey house.

The joker? Are you referring to Sonthi the coup maker?

Good to see the champion of the poor downtrodden masses and scurge of the amarts leads by example.

Jealous?

It is not unusual for important people to use a private aircraft when they have to attend a meeting at specific time. How did you expect the guest speaker to make his way to the location? Do you know what the flight schedules are from his departure point? The use of a private aircraft also meant that he would not have to enter Thai airspace or use Bangkok as a transit Hub. I do not think the time is right for his return, although, you apparently think it is.

Edited by geriatrickid

John,

Thank you for confirming that Mr. Petty was not in Vientiane,Laos, but instead was in Udon Thani, Thailand..

<snip>,

It's in the OP regarding Udon Thani.

Are you aware it is possible to travel from Udon Thani to Vientianne in a relatively short amount of time such that a reporter could have easily been to both places within a couple of hours?

Edited by soundman
Please refer to each other by online nics, thank-you.

Jealous?

It is not unusual for important people to use a private aircraft when they have to attend a meeting at specific time. How did you expect the guest speaker to make his way to the location? Do you know what the flight schedules are from his departure point? The use of a private aircraft also meant that he would not have to enter Thai airspace or use Bangkok as a transit Hub. I do not think the time is right for his return, although, you apparently think it is.

I think the convicted criminal and fugitive from justice shouldnt have breeched his bail and ran away like a common villian in the first place.

Edited by waza
  • Like 2

No.

No.

Sothi the PTP parties leader in the reconsiliation talks?

It is not unusual for important people to use a private aircraft when they have to attend a meeting at specific time.

It is also not unusual that people will notice and comment on the contradiction, when the "important person" travelling in a luxurious manner is the same person making the claim of being at one with the poor. Of course those blinded by adoration, may fail to see any contradiction.

It didn't say but did the Man of the People pilot the aircraft?

fighterjet.jpg

Yingluck's government pursues changes to the constitution and a reconciliation programme to strengthen democracy and heal rifts.

More drivel from theNation? Where's Tom when you need him tongue.png

No, not more drivel from the Nation. The original story was written by Amy Sawitta Lefevre of Reuters,

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/254633/news/world/exiled-thaksin-inches-closer-to-return-to-thailand

The OP is the story as picked up by Yahoo News, nice try though....................

Taksin - the world has not see a hero like this in a long time. They should roll out the red carpet in Nong Khai. Of course he was not without faults but these faults are largely tolerated in Thailand. Again and again the majority North East and North majority of Thailand were granted election victories through democracy only for these votes to mean nothing due to coups supported by the Yellow Brigade dictatorship supporters. The only way to get these voting rights enforced was to protest. And in doing this they were attacked by the army. The army perpetrated the violence, not the reds, the army were the thugs for the elite yellow brigade. Tell it like it is. It astounds me how Westerners have lost the capacity to think. There is no need to be deluded. In many countries in the world the army is paid to kill the poor by the rich (think of Chile) when the peasants demand better standards of living through the electoral systems. This is what is known as dictatorship - Mussolini, Hitler and the Yellow Brigade. The Yellows resorted to a style of totaltarian dictatorship by supporting the loss of the majority's voting rights and by supporting murderous coups. <snip> Or is it just that Westerners politically correct bubble they live in no longer allows the brain to say things how they really are anymore - one must say what is palatable and nice rather than face the truth. Reconciliation? What a joke. The Yellows clearly perverted the course of voting rights through support of murderous coups for their preferred form of government - facist dictatorship. Well done heroic lion heart Reds for standing up to the Kow Tow elite, showing that your birth was equal to all, like the French did in the French revolution. Thailand is the greatest because Thai people have heart. Thailand sees injustice and does something about. They protest AND ARE ALLOWED TO PROTEST because they stood up to the army and did not move. They have the heart of lions whereas in the West we no longer have the right to protest injustices - we have chosen to live in dictatorship - to accept anything the elite finance bankers get up to - we are even giving them big bonuses again. The people of Western democracies when their morally bankrupt leaders crush them through bank collapses - the indifference of the people in Western nations is astounding. The great Red victory could never happen in Cambodia, Laos or Burma or the allegedly civilised West.

Edited by craigt3365
  • Like 1