Thaksin Holding Thailand Hostage: Abhisit

webfact

Thaksin holding Thailand hostage: Abhisit

The Nation

30179922-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The political conflict will persist so long as fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra is holding the country as hostage in order to whitewash his conviction and punishment, Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva said on Thursday.

"The strength of socity is being challenged whether to bow down for the sake of one man," he said.

Abhisit said all political troubles had Thaksin as the root cause because society had to sustain the collateral damage stemmed from efforts to solve Thaksin's legal wrangling.

In rebutting Thaksin's remarks about those benefitted from the conflict to block reconciliation, he said he could only see those close to Thaksin as beneficiaries to the conflict stemmed from attempts to whitewash Thaksin and accomplices.

He reminded the government leaders, particularly Deputy Prime Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit, that reconciliation could not be forced to happen by a majority vote.

"I suspect the government is invoking reconciliation as a pretext to grant amnesty," he said.

He said Thaksin would stand to gain from the hasty move for amnesty while the red shirts would still be in the dark about the bloodshed in 2010.

Thaksin tried to deny he was not a man at the centre of the turmoil but it was a fact that the conflict erupted because of the Thaksin regime, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-04-12

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tak.  so wrong, please look up the facts, he wasn't in government legit-when the army stepped in, this is not ANTI THAKSIN remark it is fact, he had sort of overstayed his welcome--get it. Please look up why he had to go. google it. Abuse of power comes to mind and other things you will find IF you want to search.

• Like 1

Looks like things will heat up now. Every one with IQ above room temperature knows it.

Now it is being brought right out into the open,

Come on, people with IQ above room temperature should know it since 2007-2009 latest.....

Just most don't care......

And when you look what Abhisit did when he was in power, he is also at that mentioned IQ.

It is complete known where the money comes from, how it is distributed. Just by stick to existing money laundry laws and busting corrupt officials (which are also known since years) much of the problems would have been solved by now. PAD wouldn't have called for No-Vote. Democrats would have won some more seats. By enforcing existing laws against vote buying PTP would have removed half of their MPs immediately.

So Abhisit is part of the problem, not the solution

Mister Abhisit should have realized that when he shared the bed suite with the military. He and Sonthi made up charges. Abhisit and his boss Suthep did not involve Interpol nor did they anything else to get him in. Your time is up Abhisit and maybe the ICC will hold you hostage..

It erupted because a free elected government got kicked out of office,by army,bkk hiso and others who did not want to lose power

The font of all wisdom speaks.....................but it is an empty vessel. Forgive him for me knows what he says.

i love it when i hear people talk here about thaksin goverment to be legit in the present and in the past i hear the word democracy but i guess lots of thai are ignorent to what the meaning of a democracy is. If it was not Taksin buying his vote in the past he never would have bin in power in the first place .That we all know to be the real truth that buying votes in thailand is a every election day practice.So why be supriced that you get a military coup if you play with people fundimental rights.

Abhisit said all political troubles had Thaksin as the root cause because society had to sustain the collateral damage stemmed from efforts to solve Thaksin's legal wrangling.

It took them 11 years to come to that conclusion when anyone on the sideline could understand that Mr. T was a problem from the first court cases against him to the once which not yet have seen daylight because the accused is on a run but still in charge. What to expect next.....

The above article quoting a coupist opportunist can be catagorized accordingly........ Both being the key beneficiary of the coup, and then being summarily dismissed by the anti-coupists at their first electoral opportunity, puts his comments into both context and perspective........ It is perfectly understandable that there is no love lost by Mr. Abhisit's for his political nemesis...... One engineered the political dismissal of his adversary coup-istically and therefore non-democratically, the other engineered the dismissal of a 'selected' political adversary electorally and democratically....... I can't recall a similar dump by Thaksin on Mr. Abhisit. But then Thaksin is probably thoroughly aware of his engineered political roots and hence not subject to similar vitriol.

Edited by CalgaryII
  • Like 2

The above article quoting a coupist opportunist can be catagorized accordingly. Both being the key beneficiary of the coup, and then being summarily dismissed by the anti-coupists at their first electoral opportunity, puts his comments into both context andperspective..

So seriously, you really don't agree that Thaksin is holding Thailand hostage for his obvious SELF interest? Coupist or no coupist?
  • Like 1

It erupted because a free elected government got kicked out of office,by army,bkk hiso and others who did not want to lose power

Suggest you read some longer history of Thailand and make sure you fully comprehend.

Whichever way you look at it you cannot get away from the fact that when he was thrown out he had been chosen by the electorate time after time,and was in all probability about to be chosen again. That is why they moved when they did.

You also cannot avoid the fact that every time the Thai electorate has been asked for their opinion since the coup, they have elected Thaksins proxy's in the full knowledge of what/who they represent.

I know that I keep saying this, and am probably regarded as a redshirt moron or worse, but it does need to be said every time we go into collective Thaksin / Yingluk / Pheu Thai slagging off mode!

It is the elephant in the corner of the room. It will not go away.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 2

Inflamatory trollish post, and all the associated replies removed from view.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

"Seems everyone wants to rewrite Thai history to please his own beliefs" quote by my Thai Wife (sorry educated Thai Wife from Issan)

• Like 1

Look at the large picture in retrospect,

Thakskin was good for Thailand, the coup was not good for Thailand,

Or why not look at the large picture without the tinted glasses.

If Thaksin had been good there wouldn't have been a coup.

Edited by bigbamboo

Looks like things will heat up now. Every one with IQ above room temperature knows it.

Come on, people with IQ above room temperature should know it since 2007-2009 latest.....

And when you look what Abhisit did when he was in power, he is also at that mentioned IQ.

It is complete known where the money comes from, how it is distributed. Just by stick to existing money laundry laws and busting corrupt officials (which are also known since years) much of the problems would have been solved by now. PAD wouldn't have called for No-Vote. Democrats would have won some more seats. By enforcing existing laws against vote buying PTP would have removed half of their MPs immediately.

I don't agree. Go more in-depth and you will see

i love it when i hear people talk here about thaksin goverment to be legit in the present and in the past i hear the word democracy but i guess lots of thai are ignorent to what the meaning of a democracy is. If it was not Taksin buying his vote in the past he never would have bin in power in the first place .That we all know to be the real truth that buying votes in thailand is a every election day practice.So why be supriced that you get a military coup if you play with people fundimental rights.

Absolutely right!

I don't agree. Go more in-depth and you will see

Any argument?

Thaksin is holding Thailand hostage ?

yeah, right... First of all, how is Thailand being held hostage? A ludicrous statement itself.

Then, this man dares to talk about white-washing when he and Suthep have dodged all responsibility for 2009/2010. This is the man who promised to bring Thailand together at the end of 2008 and then created the Blue Shirts as an "anonymous counter-protest group" from the military and PAD guards. He and Suthep calling protestors "terrorists" before the first one gathered in BKK. This from the man who before becoming PM said such brave things as

For the people, just one person or a hundred thousand, to come out to make demands of the government is not against the principles of democracy, especially when there are suspicions that the administration of the country has violated the law and the rights of the people, or is corrupt. In developed countries, these issues do not need to be dealt with by the law, but by a political sense of responsibility.

For all that has happened, the PM cannot deny his responsibility, either by negligence or intention.

What is even worse than laying the blame on the authorities is vilifying the people.

I have never thought that we would have a state which has the people killed and seriously injured, and then accuses the people of the crimes. This is unacceptable.

If he has any integrity at all, he checks it at his own front door before leaving for work in the morning.

Let's see him stand trial before he talks about the white-washing of others.

• Like 1