Bollywood Star Shah Rukh Khan 'Detained' In US

webfact

Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan 'detained' in US

NEW YORK: -- Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan was allegedly detained by US authorities for 90 minutes at White Plains airport, which serves New York.

The actor, who arrived on a private plane, was on the way to Yale University for a function.

It is not clear why Khan was detained at the airport.

Full story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-17699074

bbclogo.jpg

-- BBC 2012-04-13

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Newsweek named him one of the 50 most powerful people in the world. Khan is a television presenter, a regular stage performer, and a social activist.

​I believe social activists are viewed with suspicion in the US.

Shah Rukh Khan's detention: US apologises, India talks tough

NEW HAVEN/ NEW DELHI: The US customs and border protection authorities have expressed "profound" apologies for the Shah Rukh Khan detention incident.

However, taking the incident seriously, external affairs minister SM Krishna has asked the Indian ambassador to US, Nirupama Rao, to take up the matter with the authorities.

Reacting strongly to the detention, Krishna said it has become a policy of detention and apology by the US which cannot continue.

Earlier, Shah Rukh Khan was detained at a New York airport for over two hours by immigration officials after arriving from India in a private plane with Nita Ambani, to address students at Yale University here.

While Nita, wife of Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani, and the rest of their group were cleared immediately, Khan was stopped and was given immigration clearance only after about two hours, sources told PTI.

46-year-old Khan was to address a press conference at 2pm and deliver his lecture at 4pm at the Yale University.

However, he arrived for the press meet three hours behind schedule and his hour-long lecture started at about 6pm.

"Whenever I start feeling too arrogant about myself, I always take a trip to America. The immigration guys kicked the star out of stardom," Khan said with some sarcasm addressing the students at the University.

He added that he always has his "small victories" even in such circumstances.

Full story: http://timesofindia....ow/12648019.cms

-- TIMES OF INDIA 2012-04-13

footer_n.gif

Newsweek named him one of the 50 most powerful people in the world. Khan is a television presenter, a regular stage performer, and a social activist.

I believe anyone with the surname Khan is viewed with suspicion in the US ;)

Shahrukh Khan Net Worth

US$600 Million

Shahrukh Khan is an actor, film producer and tv personality, with a net worth of $600 million. Shahrukh Khan has earned his net worth through his many acting roles in hindu films, such as, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Om Shanti Om, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, and many more.

Source: http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/shahrukh-khan-net-worth/

Shahrukh Khan Net Worth

US$600 Million

Shahrukh Khan is an actor, film producer and tv personality, with a net worth of $600 million. Shahrukh Khan has earned his net worth through his many acting roles in hindu films, such as, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Om Shanti Om, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, and many more.

Source: http://www.celebrity...khan-net-worth/

and to make that article look slightly more "educated" let's change "hindu films" into "Hindi films" (Hindi = main language in India).

tongue.png

• Like 1

I believe anyone with the surname Khan is viewed with suspicion in the US wink.png

Everyone is now viewed with suspicion in the US.

• Like 2

The US is a disgrace...All in the name of "national security"... and the government gets away with profiling...Which is illegal, the last time I checked...

<deleted>. If they had bothered to profile this guy, they would have bowed down to him!

I believe anyone with the surname Khan is viewed with suspicion in the US wink.png

Chaka Khan must be shitting herself then. biggrin.png

• Like 1

The US is a disgrace...All in the name of "national security"... and the government gets away with profiling...Which is illegal, the last time I checked...

The is no extremism when it comes to National Security. Too bad we didn't have it before 9-11. The USA delayed him two hours, Big deal, try processing thru Suvannaboomie: either coming in or going out, same-same only different because I am not on a private jet with an attitude.

Oh please! Don't tell me they can't gather the "intelligence" that this man is a major global movie star and that dissing him harms the diplomatic relations with a major country.

The is no extremism when it comes to National Security. Too bad we didn't have it before 9-11. The USA delayed him two hours, Big deal, try processing thru Suvannaboomie: either coming in or going out, same-same only different because I am not on a private jet with an attitude.

Happy to say that I have never had a problem coming through any airport in Thailand...and I come and go at least twice a month...

<deleted>. If they had bothered to profile this guy, they would have bowed down to him!

They profiled his last name...That is what is so ignorant...But I do agree with you... Edited by TeddyFlyfisherDavis

Sorry but India has over 50 different languages and although they want Hindi to be the main language ... IT IS NOT.... ! Every state wants to speak their own dialect and refuse to speak Hindi. Hindi is spoken in Mumbai, Delhi and a few other stated in the North ... the rest of India speak the dialect of their own state and can't speak a single word of hindi and nor do they want to .... Tanil Nady ... they speak Tamil , Karnataka ... the speak Kanada, Gujarat... they speak Gujarathi, Kerala .... they speak Malayalam and so on.....

Shahrukh Khan Net Worth

US$600 Million

Source: http://www.celebrity...khan-net-worth/

and to make that article look slightly more "educated" let's change "hindu films" into "Hindi films" (Hindi = main language in India).

tongue.png

I don't think they were really trying to get Shah Rukh Khan but rather intimidate in an angled way Miss Ambani ... the reliance heiress... and for which not only Indians but most people have lost a lot of respect for due to their unethical business practises and the greed and power they muster with their money .... They are so rich and therefore untouchable so go after a scape goat to slowly expose them ... That is what I think anyway ... ! And what the hell was he doing with her anyway .... Bad move if he is trying to project himself as a caring loving human being ... Ambanis are far far very far from that and very powerful people .... Yuck !!!

After he's been processed once previously, ICE should have his fingerprints, facial recognition, and background profile linked to his passport number, i.e. everything they need to process him quickly if they want to. To repeatedly delay him......intimidation for a reason unknown to us?

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com