Trolling......

theblether

I personally think 90% of the rubbish posted in the general topics section is complete BS.

And I just love when posters with thousands upon thousands of posts spout advice at other posters, I mean really, these guys can never leave home, what the f do they know about anything to do with real life, they are always on TV.

Nearly every Farang I know is married to an ex bar girl, yet the old men of ThaiVisa are not, how come?

The wife who is 2 or 3 decades younger just happens to be a highly educated girl from a good family who likes old men, yeah right, of course she does,

It's pitiful.

what is truly pitiful is that you believe your Thailand experience is definitive.

Nocturn you should know better than fall for that one. whistling.gif

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I personally think 90% of the rubbish posted in the general topics section is complete BS.

And I just love when posters with thousands upon thousands of posts spout advice at other posters, I mean really, these guys can never leave home, what the f do they know about anything to do with real life, they are always on TV.

Nearly every Farang I know is married to an ex bar girl, yet the old men of ThaiVisa are not, how come?

The wife who is 2 or 3 decades younger just happens to be a highly educated girl from a good family who likes old men, yeah right, of course she does,

It's pitiful.

I would say you deserve about 6/10 at best for that trolling attempt, you put the correct level of vitriol into it but the subject matter lacked originality. You got marked up slightly for opening the field of abuse to just about every older farang male in Thailand, and certainly every TV member, but we have seen it all before.

Have another go and see if you can do any better this time biggrin.png

I'll go for 4 out of 10. sad.png

It's pitiful.

I would say you deserve about 6/10 at best for that trolling attempt, you put the correct level of vitriol into it but the subject matter lacked originality. You got marked up slightly for opening the field of abuse to just about every older farang male in Thailand, and certainly every TV member, but we have seen it all before.

I am in a generous mood today, but on second thoughts you are probably correct. okay, 4/10 after an appeal by Transam.

You know there are guys out there that actually genuinely believe that rubbish? ermm.gif

It's pitiful.

4 out of 10, because I didn't detect that he is trolling, I thought he is right biggrin.png

I think it is just envy that these old men and their hot sex.....

It's pitiful.

4 out of 10, because I didn't detect that he is trolling, I thought he is right biggrin.png

Envy most likely is at the root of it, each and every one of my married pals are rotten with jealousy at the freedom we have to come and go as we please in Man Heaven. It must make it even worse for some people that we have the money to do it too.

Hmmm, so Banzai99 is not a troll, he is just jealous?? well spotted biggrin.png

It's pitiful.

cheesy.gif Jackanorrie Time

It's pitiful.

Envy most likely is at the root of it, each and every one of my married pals are rotten with jealousy at the freedom we have to come and go as we please in Man Heaven. It must make it even worse for some people that we have the money to do it too.

Hmmm, so Banzai99 is not a troll, he is just jealous?? well spotted biggrin.png

Yes I married and I am jealousy....

But I think for most it is subconscious. Similar to these ex smoker who believe that they die, if someone in the open air smokes 5 meter away.

They want, but can't so they convince themself that they don't want. From this inner tension they aggressive. Not having sex or just with same old wife is making them even more aggressive...

It's pitiful.

what is truly pitiful is that you believe your Thailand experience is definitive.

i just jumped at the chance to call him pitiful.

i reckon he actually does believe what he is saying on some level, he just presented it in a way that he hoped would start the geriatrics howling

It's pitiful.

I am in a generous mood today, but on second thoughts you are probably correct. okay, 4/10 after an appeal by Transam.

You know there are guys out there that actually genuinely believe that rubbish? ermm.gif

I forgot to add....If you want to troll but you are already to drunk to figure something out.

There are standard troll sets:

"Only an American can post that....." (brings a stable 4/10)

"Only the Jewish controlled media try to make us believe that, the same as all that fake Holocaust story."

That brings a stable 8/10 and guarantee an email from the moderator.

Maybe I should write a book on standard troll strategy....

• Like 1

What are the motivations for trolling? I find it hard to believe people go to all the effort just to entertain themselves... is there another internet forum dedicated to trollers where they discuss their trolling escapades?... or is there a financial motive?... for example, are some trolls paid by one internet forum to disrupt rival forums?

It's all about ego. They get a perverse sense of satisfaction by winding other people up and watching the fume.

From the opening post

to me their is a real sadness in the life of someone who get's a kick out of being abusive

to me their is a real sadness in the life of someone who get's a kick out of being abusive

to me THERE is a real sadness in the life of someone who GETS a kick out of being abusive

---------------------------------------------------------

It's like taking candy from a baby.

aha.....so you have joined us......explain yourself man. Explain the kick you get from being abusive?

^ Begs the question, are trolls deserving of equal rights?

Should trollophobes be tolerated on this forum?

i honestly think that screaming troll and demanding a thread be closed is far worse than trolling.

exposing a troll is fair game, but there is no need to get shrill about it

My favourite is the blokes who post "what a waste of time / space / other dimensions"

I really find it hard to resist responding to such posts.

SC

I normally assume that posters either genuinely believe what they write, or that they want us to genuinely belive what they write, or that they are writing as obvious or sublte humour. Sometimes you'll see the odd straw dog, or stalking horse, but I really take a pretty naive and superficial view on what people post'

Let's face it - if it wasn't true, they'd not post it on the internet, would they?

SC

I normally assume that posters either genuinely believe what they write, or that they want us to genuinely belive what they write, or that they are writing as obvious or sublte humour. Sometimes you'll see the odd straw dog, or stalking horse, but I really take a pretty naive and superficial view on what people post'

Let's face it - if it wasn't true, they'd not post it on the internet, would they?

SC

duty_calls.png

I have deleted a flame and the replies to it.

You really need to stamp out all the smouldering as well, and then leave the site piss-wet through with water to stop it bursting alight again, or somebody will come along raking old coals and it will all flare up again. It will be like the Balkans all over again eighty years later...

I suppose being a mod must be a bit like a non-stop game of wackamole...

SC

• Like 1

It's pitiful.

i just jumped at the chance to call him pitiful.

i reckon he actually does believe what he is saying on some level, he just presented it in a way that he hoped would start the geriatrics howling

Good point, I think the geriatrics are getting wise to it though. I think we should all remember that we are apprentice geriatrics, and some of us will not actually make the grade.

one can only hope

One of the benefits of strong drink is that one can become geriatric while still relatively young...

Does it not make sense to pursue your golden years while you are still young enough to enjoy them?