What'S Your Biggest Achievement Here In Thailand

MediumPaceBowler

What is your biggest achievement here in Thailand.

For me, it's my son. He's half-English half-Thai.

I don't see him too much these days (his mother went crazy towards the end), but I think about him a lot.

He has his mother's looks, but he seems to have inherited a little of what it was that enabled me to scrape into Oxford.

I've achieved other things. My clients include top companies, and I'm now doing consultancy work for a government department.

But my son is number one.

How about you?

I guess I already know the answer. It's your children, isn't it?

Gentlemen, enjoy what remains of this long weekend.

----------------------------------------------------------------

POSTING GUIDELINES: Expats only. Don't reply if you don't live here.

• Like 1

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I have children too. From what you have written, you love your son very much and you are missing of him. I wish him and you to spend more time together, good health and he would never make you upset. Happy Thai New Year.

P.S. I am studying English, that is why please excuse me for my English in advance. If I've made mistakes and you have a spare time, please correct me. With best regards Dmitriy.

Yes, I have children too. From what you have written, you love your son very much and you are missing of him. I wish him and you to spend more time together, good health and he would never make you upset. Happy Thai New Year.

P.S. I am studying English, that is why please excuse me for my English in advance. If I've made mistakes and you have a spare time, please correct me. With best regards Dmitriy.

Ha ha. I'm not an English teacher. But good luck with your studies.

And Happy Thai New Year to you, too.

Are you Russian? Many years ago I spent a week in Moscow. Amazing!!!

Hmmmm. It would seem to me that fathering a child is not much of an achievement. Any idiot with some idle sperm can do it. Now "raising" that child good and proper...that's something one can be proud of. But the OP is not exactly doing that, is he? My apologies if I misunderstood.

Exactly I would see what the op done as a faliure not achievement

• Like 1

If you can walk down the footpath in lad phrao and 1 not get run over by a motorbike 2 not trip in many of the pot holes and 3 not get run over buy a motorist exiting or entering one of the supermarkets or petrol stations along there...and lived....you have achieved...I've been doing this for 3 weeks ....only got another 5 plus mths to run on my apartment contract...I think I would be safer in Bagdad or Kabul.

3 kids would top the list.

A close 2nd would be never having purchased property or paid a sin sod.

A very close third would be the day I woke up with three LBFM's in my bed, played a round of golf, got an afternoon soapy, took a nap with 1 of the morning girls who stayed to clean my flat and cook me lunch, went to supper with a new supper gal, took her home for a quick dessert, went to the pub, went to a bunch of gogos, wound up at home with a duo before midnight.

Priceless 24 hours but still a distant 3rd to 24 hrs with the youngins.

• Like 1

Any idiot can Father a kid, not Fathering one takes much more control.

My biggest achievement was getting my wife to go from a 12k a month income to a +200k a month income with minimal investment of about 4.8 million baht.

This took about 4 years for HER to achieve.

• Like 1

Not killing anyone in a road accident. The day I sold my car (with plans to leave Thailand) it was a pretty big sigh of relief. People drive with no regard for human life in Thailand.

Boy, talk about massive exaggeration and hyperbole. Do you always do this every time you open your mouth? I drive in Thailand every single day and don't know what the h*ll you're talking about.

My biggest achievement was getting my wife to go from a 12k a month income to a +200k a month income with minimal investment of about 4.8 million baht.

What does she do to earn 200k baht per month in thailand?

She rents condos out, rather well. 200k is not unusual often its more. TRUST is a big factor with owners, shes trustworthy many agents arent.

It is absolutely possible. My wife is actually making more, with a smaller investment than the above mentioned 4.8M baht and has been doing so for 9 years now. And she is not even Sino Thai !! but from the jungles of Esaan. But it takes a special lady with determination and the will to do something with her life. I can take credit for giving her the opportunity, but apart from that, it is all down to her own hard work.

It is absolutely possible. My wife is actually making more, with a smaller investment than the above mentioned 4.8M baht and has been doing so for 9 years now. And she is not even Sino Thai !! but from the jungles of Esaan. But it takes a special lady with determination and the will to do something with her life. I can take credit for giving her the opportunity, but apart from that, it is all down to her own hard work.

My wife also hails from Issan and its good ot hear of others actually doing well unlike the stereotypical TV woman who is virtually useless?? apparently??

To be able to watch the kids grow up and mature.

Also to be able to differentiate kratoeys and real good lookers with a 94.365% certainty. Can't raise that percentage any higher; would be telling lies then!

1 Doing an excellent job raising my children - at least in the love and learning side of things, breadwinner not so much

2 Persuading the mother of my children to leave when her craziness started escalating. Without any payout and giving me full custody of the kids.

3 Resisting her attempts to re-insert herself into the family home

• Like 2

A misbegotten sprog being raised in absentia by a crazy woman is hardly a claim to fame or anything to be proud of....

I think being proud of ones child is admirable, especially under those circumstances. And i agree my child is my greatest achievement.

Edited by nocturn

A misbegotten sprog being raised in absentia by a crazy woman is hardly a claim to fame or anything to be proud of....

I think being proud of ones child is admirable, especially under those circumstances. And i agree my child is my greatest achievement.

Yeh, but that's not the title of the thread. Leaving your son to be raised by a crazy woman is not an achievement.

If you can walk down the footpath in lad phrao and 1 not get run over by a motorbike 2 not trip in many of the pot holes and 3 not get run over buy a motorist exiting or entering one of the supermarkets or petrol stations along there...and lived....you have achieved...I've been doing this for 3 weeks ....only got another 5 plus mths to run on my apartment contract...I think I would be safer in Bagdad or Kabul.

Similar to my greatest achievement in LOS- not getting maimed or killed by the traffic because there are no pavements and have to walk on the road.

The Thais always say that it was a good thing not to have been colonised, but when I lived in Singapore, there were pavements that you could actually walk along!

Can someone point out to the OP that this website has a worldwide membership, many of whom ( not I may I add ) have spent decades either previously living in Thailand or visiting Thailand.

So fathering an intelligent boy that doesn't want anything to do with his father is his greatest achievement. I would have been more impressed if the boy loved his father dearly and spent time with him, irrespective of how intelligent he is.

I suggest the breakdown in this relationship is due to the fact that the OP believes that parenthood has no influence upon the child. I think he will find that is the reason why his son wants nothing to do with him, he's got no clue how to be a Dad.

When I can be bothered I'll dig out the topic where the OP stated his opinion about parenting, you'll get an idea of how much of a nutter he is.

I maintain my original (but deleted) response - namely that my greatest achievement to date in this country is having far better things to do than lining up in a pissing-up-the-wall contest with a bunch of older gentlemen seeking affirmation and at the behest of a known troll. theblether is spot on; the guy's a fuggin' fruitcake. Period

As far as procreation being regarded as an achievement is concerned, sewer rats and cockroaches have kids so it's hardly a biggie is it?

• Like 1