Arrive / Depart Same Day (Malaysia)

Hello,

Would I be able to fly to Malaysia in the morning (arrive 11AM) and then book a ticket at the airport, to return the same day a few hours later?

Once I get to the airport, I would then buy the earliest ticket back to bangkok.

Usually when I leave thailand, I stay in another country for a few days... but this time, I just want to see if I could do all this in 1 day without problems.

Thanks for the replies.

Some people fly to KL... go through Immigration and to the check-in and fly back on the same plane.[ they book a return ]

Buying the return at the airport in KL not sure, could be no seats left ?

Some people fly to KL... go through Immigration and to the check-in and fly back on the same plane.[ they book a return ]

I had a look at the flights for that but I would worry that any delay at Immigration may cause you to miss the return flight as the flights only seem to be on the ground for 30 minutes or so. Would like to see a post from someone who has managed it easily.

I had a look at the flights for that but I would worry that any delay at Immigration may cause you to miss the return flight as the flights only seem to be on the ground for 30 minutes or so. Would like to see a post from someone who has managed it easily.

Air Asia same day return to KL. Leaves BKK mid morning, returns around 4/5pm.

I did. Flew Thai into KL, you can check in and get boarding pass for the return flight at BKK, didn't bother with immigration at KL (arrivals and departures not segregated there), just got on the plane and came back. No bother at BKK immigration, but maybe I was lucky.

Air Asia same day return to KL. Leaves BKK mid morning, returns around 4/5pm.

Checked that, thanks, looks like plenty of time for a relaxing break and getting your knees back out of your mouth after the flightbiggrin.png

Yep think Air Asia has a number of flights in & out per day, never used but do sometimes check there fares....

I like Royal Jordanian Air, there flight is the same price any time you book on any day 6,200 baht return with all tax.......... there on the ground in KL for 4 hours so plenty of time......

To meet the Malaysian Immigration requirements you need to have a flight booked out of Malaysia before you go there, unless you have a long term Malaysian visa or work permit (which you dont have).If you dont have a return ticket the airline can refuse to check you in at BKK. So you need a return ticket.

Hi,

Could someone please explain to me why one would do this? Would it be to get an extra 14 days in Thailand?

I have extended my tourist visa by 1 month at immigration and would like to stay longer after that. Might have to start doing these types of runs soon.

Thank you.

Hi,

Could someone please explain to me why one would do this? Would it be to get an extra 14 days in Thailand?

I have extended my tourist visa by 1 month at immigration and would like to stay longer after that. Might have to start doing these types of runs soon.

Thank you.

Re-entering by air gets you 30 days visa exempt entry. Remember if you do it after your visa has expired you may need an outbound ticket from Thailand when you check in to return.

Hi,

Thank you.

Re-entering by air gets you 30 days visa exempt entry. Remember if you do it after your visa has expired you may need an outbound ticket from Thailand when you check in to return.

Wow, thanks. Oh, I have an out-bound ticket from Bangkok currently scheduled for January. If I took a train to KL in Malaysia, stayed there for a few days and then re-entered Thailand with a flight to BKK would I get 30 days upon entry? Do you pay for those 30 days? How many times could I repeat this process?

Many thanks.

Hi,

Thank you.

Wow, thanks. Oh, I have an out-bound ticket from Bangkok currently scheduled for January. If I took a train to KL in Malaysia, stayed there for a few days and then re-entered Thailand with a flight to BKK would I get 30 days upon entry? Do you pay for those 30 days? How many times could I repeat this process?

Many thanks.

30 days by flying in yeah, for free.

as a tourist, you're only meant to spend a maximum of three months in thailand in a six month period.

Many thanks.

Would have thought + a lot cheaper, would be to go to Laos and get a double entry TR Visa, with 2 extensions would give you almost 6 months here..

Cheaper = longer so if Proctor has the funds, I reckon the in-out through KL on THAI same as Upnotover did in post #5 would be the most efficient as long as the carrier issues the return boarding pass in Bangkok and not all airlines do this. If a one-day stopover to see the sights fits the budget, I would recommend Lufthansa and Egypt Air for the KL shuttle as they have decent flight departure times and use the 'real' airport at KUL and not the AirAsia bus station. But one has to make sure to select consecutive dates that have service as Lufthansa only does it 4-days/week. However, on the other 3 days they do Saigon and that's also good for a night out and some shopping and eating. Egypt Air is a daily service with newer planes, more legroom in coach and much better service than Luftwaffe.

For those visa-runners with a bit of liquidity living in Phuket, there's a decent prices KL r/t flight on Qatar but like Lufthansa, it isn't daily.

I'm looking at doing this depart/return the same day to Malaysia to get a 30 day visa stamp. My visa runs out on 7th May, I had a 60 day tourist visa and extended it for a month, but I only have 2 spare pages in my passport and if I do 2 visa runs to gain an extra 28 days, my passport will be full up. I've looked on several websites, but they don't let me book a same day depart/return!