The 'Perfect' Truck?

The Triton 3.2 has climate with a heater, Ive had mine for 3 years and find it very comfortable if a bit bouncy on the motorway at speed, had a chip fitted and it really improves the performance and mileage is great on the motorway at 100+ i use 6-7 l per 100km around town it drops to 10-12 depending on traffic.

photo14.jpg

Edited by ianthai

Only 37000 km and the only thing I would change would be the shocks, feels like the front could do with being 20% stiffer as it does bounce on the motorway if your going over the rough roads at speed, has a demister but never really needed to use it, full climate is really good as you just set at your temp and it does it all for you.

Race Chip makes a big improvement on performance and economy if your gentle with the right foot, but if you set at max it blows lots of black smoke and tends to spin the back wheels too much so I have opted for a mid setting giving a bit less power but good economy.

Great truck and really nothing on the market I would change it for,maybe I will take a look at the new Ranger 3.2 looks nice but I haven't herd any reports, the Japanese are hard to beat for reliability.

Only 37000 km and the only thing I would change would be the shocks, feels like the front could do with being 20% stiffer as it does bounce on the motorway if your going over the rough roads at speed, has a demister but never really needed to use it, full climate is really good as you just set at your temp and it does it all for you.

Race Chip makes a big improvement on performance and economy if your gentle with the right foot, but if you set at max it blows lots of black smoke and tends to spin the back wheels too much so I have opted for a mid setting giving a bit less power but good economy.

Great truck and really nothing on the market I would change it for,maybe I will take a look at the new Ranger 3.2 looks nice but I haven't herd any reports, the Japanese are hard to beat for reliability.

My Bro-in-law just got OldmanEmu shocks/springs for his PJS and says they are very nice, but haven't ridden in it since they were installed. Ride height is up 2-3 inches. Think they cost about 50K baht. There is probably something available for the triton too.

I will check it out, I don't want to go any higher just a bit stiffer at the front, its not real issue around town.

I'm just not sure about the rear as the pjs has coil springs but the triton has leafs. Not sure what OME dues with the rear of the triton. I noticed his vehicle was higher but it's very subtle and not like a lift kit.

The Triton 3.2 has climate with a heater, Ive had mine for 3 years and find it very comfortable if a bit bouncy on the motorway at speed, had a chip fitted and it really improves the performance and mileage is great on the motorway at 100+ i use 6-7 l per 100km around town it drops to 10-12 depending on traffic.

photo14.jpg

Lovely pick up still sometimes wish I never sold mine for the Pajero Sport.

I bought it with 9000 km on the clock from a fellow Scot who was returning to the UK, Ive had it about 3years or so its a great truck, I did the wheels and had the wheel arches painted as I don't like the grey colour that comes standard.

The perfect truck is the one you like the best. They all have plus and minus features. The facts are that they are all quite good. The only complaints I have heard were from Thai drivers who drive Tata trucks that were purchased by their employers. My Thai is not that good but I do understand mai dee (no good).

"The perfect truck is the one you like the best. They all have plus and minus features." Spot on Gary, maybe I expect too much or maybe I've spent far too much time over the years checking them out but I always come away dissapointed.

Funny thing is I had a look at the Chev Colorado 2.8 the other day (I test drove a 2.5 way back and dismissed it as rubbish then) and reckon they,re on the right track now as far as interior trim etc. goes anyway..Not sure if the lower resale value would convince me to get one tho and also not so sure about the ride..hmm might be worth a test drive I s'pose!

The way things are going, the perfect truck is one delivered in a reasonable time frame!

For anyone interested here is a review of the updated mitsu triton. Scrolling down one can see some fuel economy and performance figures. The double cab auto is no slouch and peels of the 0-100 almost as fast as the auto 3.2 bt50. Manuals are slower.

http://www.headlightmag.com/main/

I bought it with 9000 km on the clock from a fellow Scot who was returning to the UK, Ive had it about 3years or so its a great truck, I did the wheels and had the wheel arches painted as I don't like the grey colour that comes standard.

Looks very much like my old one, I sold mine to a Scot well my Mrs did as I was away at the time.

Ultimate truck?

easy... the Ford F650:

f650.jpg

For those looking for a heater, in TH you'll need to buy a truck/car with climate control... then you'll be able to survive the drive to Doi Inthanon in winter smile.png

Yeh, had to sell it, wouldn't go through my gate. laugh.png

I'd tear down my gate and fence for that!! That definitely beat out my F150!!!

Can't do, Thai wife and all the Buddha stuff. rolleyes.gif

No need for Buddha, that thing will plough through anything! Or she would be overwhelmed by the size of the dash - "Oh teeluk I simply don't have enough buddhas / amulets / statues to cover this dash!biggrin.png

Looks very much like my old one, I sold mine to a Scot well my Mrs did as I was away at the time.

I bought it from a guy out at SP5 Village East pattaya, well he was away and I dealt with his wife, really great buy

Edited by ianthai

I bought it from a guy out at SP5 Village East pattaya, well he was away and I dealt with his wife, really great buy

I thought the truck looked lovely. biggrin.png

Sometimes wish I kept it.