Anyone Know This Snake?

h90

Golden Tree Snake - Siam-Info And yes, they are really fast.

If they feel threatened and cannot flee, they bite straight away. The species Chrysopelea belongs to the family of rearfanged snakes. However, the poison is so mild that it does not have much of an effect on humans.

• Like 1

Suit yourself.. pin it down with a big stick and then pick it up with big tongs.

Suit yourself: OK done

that thing is fast.....approx. as fast as the lighting in the thunderstorm.......and now it disappeard......

I am no match for it....it outsmart and outspeed me......

Suit yourself.. pin it down with a big stick and then pick it up with big tongs.

Suit yourself: OK done

that thing is fast.....approx. as fast as the lighting in the thunderstorm.......and now it disappeard......

I am no match for it....it outsmart and outspeed me......

I've seen them move before. The first time was one racing across a dirt road in front of me and straight up a tree in no time flat. Pick it up with tongs? Perhaps if you are an Olympic sprinter. biggrin.png

Obtain one of those large fish nets they use for ponds. Easy to buy, they are sold in many places.

When you see the snake, sneak up on him and cover over with the net. When the snake climbs in, and they always do, turn the net over, give it a little twist so that the snake is tangled slightly at the bottom then take outside and release him.

Easy peasy.

post-110219-0-18174900-1334653468_thumb.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Obtain one of those large fish nets they use for ponds. Easy to buy, they are sold in many places.

When you see the snake, sneak up on him and cover over with the net. When the snake climbs in, and they always do, turn the net over, give it a little twist so that the snake is tangled slightly at the bottom then take outside and release him.

Easy peasy.

thanks! great idea! I am only afraid it may jump out of it....

I have a large net which I fitted with an extra long handle. There are often snakes appearing in my garden, some are deadly poisonous, but I would never harm them. The net has worked a treat everytime.

Any snakes I feel I can`t handle, I just send the wife out to deal with them. These snakes are rare and beautiful reptiles, as for the wife, she can be replaced anytime.

:lol: Alright, you do have your moments. ;)

I've taken snakes out of houses several times in Thailand. One way for a small snake, toss a towel on it, scoop it up in a ball and toss it all outside. I've also done the 'Discover Channel' method, by grabbing its tail tip and gently yanking it up (to keep its head away from your hand or body). Snakes are strong, but not strong enough to double back to their tail tip while held upside down.

I kill large geckos, though. I have 'gecko sticks' in several places in my house. They're the size of a shortened wood broom handle. Hitting the body doesn't kill them, but smacking the head does. I don't dislike geckos, except when they're in my house, leaving poop.

My wife says its Thai name is as best as I can put the Thai in English, Tarng lagum, she says it is harmless, gets its name due to its markings looking like a new shoot on the lagum plant.

Unusual; Thai wive's normally just want to flatten all Snakes on sight !